Aribim Pepple

Dominic94

47 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I called them but no one was available from the academy to speak. I see Northern Tribune says he's signed, and as I say, usually in Spain you don't trial and play, you only train. You play if you've signed. He's on their official roster as registered with the Madrid Federation, so he can play. 

https://www.rffm.es/competiciones/equipos?team=562

Quite the official name.

Traditionally in Spain the u-19 A teams play in 7 divisions across the country, regionally organised. This year they have made smaller groups of ten teams, mostly because of Covid, to restrict mixing and reduce travel, so it's a bit messy and less interesting to follow results. Getafe is in Group 5B where the toughest teams are Leganés and Valladolid, not in the group 5A with Real Madrid or At Madrid. It is odd the groups are not more balanced. Later they do playoffs for the national u-19 championship, and another for the u-19 Cup.

Major step up for his development. 

So he’s basically at the top level and in almost the best group he could be in ? Wonder how close he is to the first team.

47 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I called them but no one was available from the academy to speak. I see Northern Tribune says he's signed, and as I say, usually in Spain you don't trial and play, you only train. You play if you've signed. He's on their official roster as registered with the Madrid Federation, so he can play. 

https://www.rffm.es/competiciones/equipos?team=562

Quite the official name.

Traditionally in Spain the u-19 A teams play in 7 divisions across the country, regionally organised. This year they have made smaller groups of ten teams, mostly because of Covid, to restrict mixing and reduce travel, so it's a bit messy and less interesting to follow results. Getafe is in Group 5B where the toughest teams are Leganés and Valladolid, not in the group 5A with Real Madrid or At Madrid. It is odd the groups are not more balanced. Later they do playoffs for the national u-19 championship, and another for the u-19 Cup.

Major step up for his development. 

Thanks UT, great work.  So, does Cavalry get a transfer fee for him?

7 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Thanks UT, great work.  So, does Cavalry get a transfer fee for him?

Was he under contract still? 

A u-19 would normally have all the B team ahead of him before 1st team minutes, to answer @Dominic94

Now if he's striking regularly and the 1st team needs help, ie with injuries, he could get a call-up, like happened with Corbeanu. 

They have a 1st phase match left, vs top side Valladolid, then go into a 2nd phase where the top 5 in their B group (they are qualified) play the top 5 in the A group, once each. Those results are added to the existing table and the winner goes to the national championship. They'll play Real Madrid and Atleti plus Rayo in the next phase. 

5 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

And to think this kid wasn't good enough for Olivieri and our U17s.

*HUGE EYEROLL EMOJI*

I give Getafe a lot of credit. He started there in early December. I am not sure if he went back home over Christmas or not. He wasn't 18 yet anyways and they could not move on him until late December. They had that major snowfall that stopped some training and all matches for a couple weeks as it froze after and they weren't ready. And they stuck with him, and finally signed and played him after almost 3 months in their orbit. 

You train 3 months with a top u-19 anywhere and you are going to start to click, raise your game, get up with the pace, measure your real talent against others' quality, against good defenders. And Getafe let him do that and then brought him in. Very positive from them. And he reciprocated by scoring, the chronicles say he had a few chances before that as well. 

I haven't seen much of him, but he doesn't look to have much of a scoring record for a forward. He seems to have found himself in a good situation anyways though. Do those that have watched him more think he has a promising future?

53 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was he under contract still? 

A u-19 would normally have all the B team ahead of him before 1st team minutes, to answer @Dominic94

Now if he's striking regularly and the 1st team needs help, ie with injuries, he could get a call-up, like happened with Corbeanu. 

They have a 1st phase match left, vs top side Valladolid, then go into a 2nd phase where the top 5 in their B group (they are qualified) play the top 5 in the A group, once each. Those results are added to the existing table and the winner goes to the national championship. They'll play Real Madrid and Atleti plus Rayo in the next phase. 

Chance for him to really shine and catch some eyes. Makes sense though that the B is ahead of him. Is their B team 3rd tier ?

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Chance for him to really shine and catch some eyes. Makes sense though that the B is ahead of him. Is their B team 3rd tier ?

Yes, and doing very badly btw, last in their table.

So they might be in a relegation round. If your team drops from 2B to 3rd division in Spain (3 > 4th tier), that really takes a lot away from being able to promote those players into the first team. I mean, Barça has brought up all kinds of B players this year, and they are doing great, they are ready. But you can rarely expect that if the team is in a tier lower, you have to look for loans and signings to cover for your first team.

39 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Yes, and doing very badly btw, last in their table.

So they might be in a relegation round. If your team drops from 2B to 3rd division in Spain (3 > 4th tier), that really takes a lot away from being able to promote those players into the first team. I mean, Barça has brought up all kinds of B players this year, and they are doing great, they are ready. But you can rarely expect that if the team is in a tier lower, you have to look for loans and signings to cover for your first team.

So he would have to go on loan to a 2nd or 3rd tier team instead of playing with the 2nd team should he excel at the Juvenile A ?

31 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So he would have to go on loan to a 2nd or 3rd tier team instead of playing with the 2nd team should he excel at the Juvenile A ?

I think this would be his last year of eligibility for Juveníl in Spain, next year the cut off will be 2003 and he's a 2002. And the next step is tough, you don't see too many Juvenil players in Spain loaned or transfered into a 2nd Division team. I think if they are happy they'd retain him for their B team, even if it drops a tier this season. Being new and young it might be a good fit.

What I am saying: the real teenage stars with a big club at this level can get quality loans, the rest have problems. Liam Millar gets into Charlton, I am not sure a Canuck at a lower EPL academy is going to get that quality of a loan. Same in Spain. Ballou's teammates loaned into Bundesliga sides, into top flight Portugal, he went to a 2nd div team just on the basis of the Barça name. Go down a few notches to Getafe, even with a top flight academy, and it drops off.

My personal opinion is you should resist loans, train, stay close to the club paying you, show loyalty, make friends and gain trust, and your chances for a first team breakthrough are better. Corbeanu was close this year. That is the path I like, not get nervous and stay patient, because you are going to be seen by a lot of teams. In April he plays el Real and Atleti, that is great exposure.

14 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think this would be his last year of eligibility for Juveníl in Spain, next year the cut off will be 2003 and he's a 2002. And the next step is tough, you don't see too many Juvenil players in Spain loaned or transfered into a 2nd Division team. I think if they are happy they'd retain him for their B team, even if it drops a tier this season. Being new and young it might be a good fit.

What I am saying: the real teenage stars with a big club at this level can get quality loans, the rest have problems. Liam Millar gets into Charlton, I am not sure a Canuck at a lower EPL academy is going to get that quality of a loan. Same in Spain. Ballou's teammates loaned into Bundesliga sides, into top flight Portugal, he went to a 2nd div team just on the basis of the Barça name. Go down a few notches to Getafe, even with a top flight academy, and it drops off.

My personal opinion is you should resist loans, train, stay close to the club paying you, show loyalty, make friends and gain trust, and your chances for a first team breakthrough are better. Corbeanu was close this year. That is the path I like, not get nervous and stay patient, because you are going to be seen by a lot of teams. In April he plays el Real and Atleti, that is great exposure.

Would the 4th div be a higher level than Can PL ? Is he even at a higher level now ? We know he had some hype and interest. I’m just hopeful he delivers on it and plays at Atleast a higher level.

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Would the 4th div be a higher level than Can PL ? Is he even at a higher level now ? We know he had some hype and interest. I’m just hopeful he delivers on it and plays at Atleast a higher level.

This is always tough.

Piette played 3rd tier in Spain, then to Impact.

Manny Aparicio went from 4th to 3rd tier in Spain, and then to CPL.

Ben Fisk was both in 4th and 3rd I believe.

Viti Martínez went from the Island Games on loan to Alavés B, which is in third tier (and he did well). 

In Spain after 2nd division there is a fairly big dropoff, as there are regional divisions galore, not like Bundesliga 3, or League One, Two and National in England, where the tiering is smoother I would say. 

It does not matter, IMO, for now he is just another kid on one of the 140 teams in the top level of Spanish u-19 play, though on one of the better ones. I'd say development has to be a priority as this kid has had no developmental process in Europe yet.

Not to be harsh but you don't go on trial after trial in the middle of a season if teams are chasing you, especially not at that age.  Think we have a tendency to think way to highly of our boys, too premature to even talk about 1st team or that he should have been in the U17 national team.

FYI, Getafe like others (Leganes, Levante, Malaga, Alcorcon) have international academies that combine college/football and this is where he was training for the last while.  They have pools of players from all over North America/Asia who are hopeful of getting a deal with the club.  I believe there are something like 6-7 Americans at Leganes..

Edited by Footyeh

14 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Not to be harsh but you don't go on trial after trial in the middle of a season if teams are chasing you, especially not at that age.  Think we have a tendency to think way to highly of our boys, too premature to even talk about 1st team or that he should have been in the U17 national team.

FYI, Getafe like others (Leganes, Levante, Malaga, Alcorcon) have international academies that combine college/football and this is where he was training for the last while.  They have pools of players from all over North America/Asia who are hopeful of getting a deal with the club.  I believe there are something like 6-7 Americans at Leganes..

FYI, you are seriously confused about what it means to sign for a División de Honor team belonging to a La Liga club in Spain. 

And from what you are saying about trials, you are not doing much better there either, don't think.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This is always tough.

Piette played 3rd tier in Spain, then to Impact.

Manny Aparicio went from 4th to 3rd tier in Spain, and then to CPL.

Ben Fisk was both in 4th and 3rd I believe.

Viti Martínez went from the Island Games on loan to Alavés B, which is in third tier (and he did well). 

In Spain after 2nd division there is a fairly big dropoff, as there are regional divisions galore, not like Bundesliga 3, or League One, Two and National in England, where the tiering is smoother I would say. 

It does not matter, IMO, for now he is just another kid on one of the 140 teams in the top level of Spanish u-19 play, though on one of the better ones. I'd say development has to be a priority as this kid has had no developmental process in Europe yet.

Fair enough, hopefully he can keep progressing and find his way into the first team eventually.

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

If you have lots of interest you look for the best fit.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

If you have lots of interest you look for the best fit.

If he had lots of interest Calvary would have made a buck.  He's 19 with half a season left to play, your saying he's passed up on Sheffield United, Leicester City and the other teams he trained with for Getafe academy where he isn't on a pro deal?

1 minute ago, Footyeh said:

If he had lots of interest Calvary would have made a buck.  He's 19 with half a season left to play, your saying he's passed up on Sheffield United, Leicester City and the other teams he trained with for Getafe academy where he isn't on a pro deal?

You’d have to ask him and from what I know Calvary didn’t have him under contract. 

30 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

FYI, you are seriously confused about what it means to sign for a División de Honor team belonging to a La Liga club in Spain. 

And from what you are saying about trials, you are not doing much better there either, don't think.

I think you are the one with very little experience with this world other than what you read on the internet.  Take some time to research the setups at clubs like Getafe.  Research the pathway at the club.  Go talk to people on the ground.  Cavalary could have made some money here if he was in demand, so why didn't they?  He wouldn't have even had to trial at so many different places if the interest was actually as people have been making it out to be.  Regarding trials, there's a time and place to do them, and it's not in the middle of a covid impacted season in your last year as a youth player.  

14 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

You’d have to ask him and from what I know Calvary didn’t have him under contract. 

This poster is confused. The kid was not under contract, and was not playing a high enough level for any top academy to be able to evaluate him. There was no other option than for him to get into training with the club's academy for their coaches to evaluate him.

So, obviously, there is no transfer payment to be paid, he is a free transfer if someone wants him. EDIT: it is still a "transfer", even if free, as the respective federations have to approve his move, the paperwork still has to be done.

Second, as a 17 year old he could not even sign an international transfer, it is illegal under FIFA norms. And he was trialing in England under 18 (born Xmas day). And started at Getafe the same. 

If Pepple was sent to train with one of their academy-schools for kids of wealthy parents, of the type meant to make money off the brand, it would have been for fitness or to keep him close, in the loop, if he could not train with the A or B U-19 team. The u-19 rosters in their A and B is fairly big, they have too many players and this season the season is cut short and there is less playing time. And they are not going to sign a kid unless they can test him and watch him up close. 

Which they obviously did. He was signed, and started. And scored the winner.

As for this business of if the kid signed a pro contract, the poster is deluded. You don't walk into a pro contract at age 18, in 95% of the cases or more. A La Liga team will pay your expenses, and I am sure they are being covered for him, food and lodging at least. But the whole notion: in Spain you are not pro unless you are playing at least 2B, third tier. You could be getting 100k from Barça or Madrid and playing in their equivalent u-19 squad, and not be technically or legally a pro footballer. By definition of the RFEF, the national federation. So the post is just too stupid for words. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

5 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

I think you are the one with very little experience with this world other than what you read on the internet.  Take some time to research the setups at clubs like Getafe.  Research the pathway at the club.  Go talk to people on the ground.  Cavalary could have made some money here if he was in demand, so why didn't they?  He wouldn't have even had to trial at so many different places if the interest was actually as people have been making it out to be.  Regarding trials, there's a time and place to do them, and it's not in the middle of a covid impacted season in your last year as a youth player.  

FYI!!

If you would even bother to read the thread you'd see I called them this afternoon. And was asked to call back tomorrow. But when I post what they tell me, please don't read what I say, block me now.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

17 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This poster is confused. The kid was not under contract, and was not playing a high enough level for any top academy to be able to evaluate him. There was no other option than for him to get into training with the club's academy for their coaches to evaluate him.

So, obviously, there is no transfer payment to be paid, he is a free transfer if someone wants him.

Second, as a 17 year old he could not even sign an international transfer, it is illegal under FIFA norms. And he was trialing in England under 18 (born Xmas day). And started at Getafe the same. 

If Pepple was sent to train with one of their academy-schools for kids of wealthy parents, of the type meant to make money off the brand, it would have been for fitness or to keep him close, in the loop, if he could not train with the A or B U-19 team. The u-19 rosters in their A and B is fairly big, they have too many players and this season the season is cut short and there is less playing time. And they are not going to sign a kid unless they can test him and watch him up close. 

Which they obviously did. He was signed, and started. And scored the winner.

As for this business of if the kid signed a pro contract, the poster is deluded. You don't walk into a pro contract at age 18, in 95% of the cases or more. A La Liga team will pay your expenses, and I am sure they are being covered for him, food and lodging at least. But the whole notion: in Spain you are not pro unless you are playing at least 2B, third tier. You could be getting 100k from Barça or Madrid and playing in their equivalent u-19 squad, and not be technically or legally a pro footballer. By definition of the RFEF, the national federation. So the post is just too stupid for words. 

He didn't need to be under contract for them to make money, he was on a pro deal meaning they would be owed compensation from any team interested.  And second, he has a EU PASSPORT (born in England), he's been trialing across UK and Europe for the last 2 years and could have signed since 16 years old.  Why did Cavalary sign him to a pro deal at 16 instead of a amateur deal?  Because they thought he might be someone to make money on.  Clearly didn't know about that now did you.  Suggest you talk to someone credible in the industry, maybe a player with real experience at a high level or some agents who deal with players on that level.  None of them will tell you this is the path of someone who is of demand.  

What else don't I know? 😄

Edited by Footyeh

21 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

You must be new here haha, UT is our resident La Liga expert/insider 😁

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

He didn't need to be under contract for them to make money, he was on a pro deal meaning they would be owed compensation from any team interested.  And second, he has a EU PASSPORT (born in England), he's been trialing across UK and Europe for the last 2 years and could have signed since 16 years old.  Why did Cavalary sign him to a pro deal at 16 instead of a amateur deal?  Because they thought he might be someone to make money on.  Clearly didn't know about that now did you.  Suggest you talk to someone credible in the industry, maybe a player with real experience at a high level or some agents who deal with players on that level.  None of them will tell you this is the path of someone who is of demand.  

What else don't I know? 😄

Probably too much to list. Show a little humility will ya. I can guarantee you that UT has more knowledge of the inner workings of Spanish soccer than you can ever hope to attain. Your ego will be your downfall.