Aribim Pepple

Dominic94

1 hour ago, Nate3322 said:

I figure that he's going to trial with every club who's interested and then pick the one that's the best fit for him.

Agreed here.

it’s been mentioned he’s weighing his options. He impressed at Sheffield and I believe he did so at Leceister city, Wheeldon basically said Pepple had so much interest that he will be able to choice. Some people see this guy as a Davies lite.

1 hour ago, Nate3322 said:

I figure that he's going to trial with every club who's interested and then pick the one that's the best fit for him.

Strikes me as somewhat naive. He’s not a wunderkind by any stretch of the imagination. Is he really beating them away with a stick until he lands a perfect offer? 
I could be totally wrong about this of course and time will tell but I’m guessing the interest in him is vastly overstated and he’ll end up a few levels down from where we’re hoping 

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Strikes me as somewhat naive. He’s not a wunderkind by any stretch of the imagination. Is he really beating them away with a stick until he lands a perfect offer? 
I could be totally wrong about this of course and time will tell but I’m guessing the interest in him is vastly overstated and he’ll end up a few levels down from where we’re hoping 

If he had a number of trials lined up before he left home, and all of the clubs were aware of that fact, it's only prudent to attend all of them and then see what offers are on the table. No club is going to not sign a player that they want just because he trialled at other clubs after them before making a decision.

11 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

If he had a number of trials lined up before he left home, and all of the clubs were aware of that fact, it's only prudent to attend all of them and then see what offers are on the table. No club is going to not sign a player that they want just because he trialled at other clubs after them before making a decision.

I disagree....but respectfully ;)

If a player trains with a club for 1-2 weeks, and the club is impressed they will make a deal happen then and now. They will not sit on their hands and wait until their competition has evaluated the targeted player and competitive bids start to come in. 

Generally, this friendly, sharing, environment described above isn’t how the professional game operates. 

Edited by hamiltonfan

1 hour ago, hamiltonfan said:

I disagree....but respectfully ;)

If a player trains with a club for 1-2 weeks, and the club is impressed they will make a deal happen then and now. They will not sit on their hands and wait until their competition has evaluated the targeted player and competitive bids start to come in. 

Generally, this friendly, sharing, environment described above isn’t how the professional game operates. 

I'd normally agree with you, but since he has paper questions that is one factor: he turns 18 on Christmas day and could not get an international transfer or even announce it until then. None of the exceptions apply (parents moving for legit work reasons, an EU player between 16 and 18, or living close to a border and crossing it to a nearby club).

Even if he had papers or a passport because he was born in the UK they could not make that deal yet either. 

Then, as mentioned, in Covid times clubs are cautious to take on new players. Partially because it is hard to sell now to make space for them. Taking on new talent is riskier now as clubs are losing income in a big way. 

Would like to see the pic shared with Getafe B players, if that is where he was. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 11:55 PM, jordan said:

Appears to still be at Getafe 

Well, well, well. 

Would have been hit by the major snowstorm in Madrid and they probably many not even have trained outdoors for a while. 

This year the Spanish federation restructured the third tier and I can't gauge it, it's harder to figure it out. They all started late, their B have played just 8 games, the team is low in the table in a smaller group to reduce travel (then there'll be second rounds later on). So yes, they need help, but as I say, the season is so chaotic I am not sure you can draw too many conclusions. 

As for their u-19s, which he'd also be eligible for, same deal, more divisions of less teams, and they've only played 7 matches due to snow and Covid delays. 

This is not a good year to be judging where he'd end up, but it is great for him to be in the mix and training, if that is the case, and if he signs, wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kent said:

AMSL is the Alberta league? So you are talking about the Cavalry U20 team?

It's the top amateur league in the province. FCE and Cavalry both run U20 teams in the league. 

I wonder if they're considering designating it semi-pro and give it L1 status. So.....AMSL1?

They could then have an AMSL2 if they want another layer below that, perhaps even shifting all the current AMSL clubs down to AMSL2 and (eventually) allowing for promotion and relegation. 

The thing is, as far as I understand, BC and Ontario didn't have top level provincial leagues. BC has VMSL, VISL, the Fraser Valley league, and leagues in the interior. Ontario I am less sure, but both of them qualify their amateur provincial champions with Cup competitions, so there was never an existing provincial league to upgrade and piggy-back off, hence League 1 Ontario and BC League 1?

Not sure what the story in Quebec was, but in Alberta there's already a top-level provincial structure. They simply have to build around it. Unless of course they want something new, flashy and separate, which I would understand.

Edited by Obinna

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

It's the top amateur league in the province. FCE and Cavalry both run U20 teams in the league. 

I wonder if they're considering designating it semi-pro and give it L1 status. So.....AMSL1?

They could then have an AMSL2 if they want another layer below that, perhaps even shifting all the current AMSL clubs down to AMSL2 and (eventually) allowing for promotion and relegation. 

The thing is, as far as I understand, BC and Ontario didn't have top level provincial leagues. BC has VMSL, VISL, the Fraser Valley league, and leagues in the interior. Ontario I am less sure, but both of them qualify their amateur provincial champions with Cup competitions, so there was never an existing provincial league to upgrade and piggy-back of, hence League 1 Ontario and BC League 1?

Not sure what the story in Quebec was, but in Alberta there's already a top-level provincial structure. They simply have to build around it. Unless of course they want something new, flashy and separate, which I would understand.

When I was playing youth soccer in Ontario, we had the OYSL as the top league, with promotion/relegation to regional leagues. I don’t think it still exists though, not sure what, if anything, has taken its place.

10 minutes ago, archer21 said:

When I was playing youth soccer in Ontario, we had the OYSL as the top league, with promotion/relegation to regional leagues. I don’t think it still exists though, not sure what, if anything, has taken its place.

I've heard of OYSL, but to my knowledge nothing exists like that for senior soccer in Ontario. I think for top level amateur senior soccer the leagues are regionalized like in BC, but I could be wrong.

37 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I've heard of OYSL, but to my knowledge nothing exists like that for senior soccer in Ontario. I think for top level amateur senior soccer the leagues are regionalized like in BC, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, as far as I know there is no other top level men’s Ontario league, just regional leagues. It sounds like the OPDL is going to slowly increase their age pool up to U23, so maybe that will eventually become a men’s league as well with the top amateur teams, who knows.

Would OSL not be the equivalent for Ontario? They have Provincial Elite levels as well as Regional Leagues below it that I believe do promotion and relegation in between it. A club I was with back in the day promoted from YRSL to one of the Regional OSL leagues as well.

I know it is not province wide as well, but it seems like that would be an equivalent to AMSL

4 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Would OSL not be the equivalent for Ontario? They have Provincial Elite levels as well as Regional Leagues below it that I believe do promotion and relegation in between it. A club I was with back in the day promoted from YRSL to one of the Regional OSL leagues as well.

I know it is not province wide as well, but it seems like that would be an equivalent to AMSL

Is the OSL a province-wide league that also serves as the top level of amateur soccer in Ontario? If so, we're talking equivalent to AMSL.

It sounds more like an association when you say it has Provincial Elite Levels, but the top level of OSL would be the equivalent, perhaps?

The AMSL has 8 clubs (4 northern Alberta/Edmonton and 4 southern Alberta/Calgary), plus the 2 CPL U-20 teams, making a 10 team league.

Only teams from the AMSL can qualify for nationals (excluding the CPL teams).

I am not that up on the structure in Ontario, but I always thought they used the Ontario Cup to crown provincial champions because it is the best way to bring the best teams from all regions into a single competition.

For clarity, I am discussing men's soccer, not youth. 

Edited by Obinna

This the Ontario structure.  In Ottawa we have the OCSL Premier division as the top tier, teams compete in and have won the Ontario Cup.  David and Fazili both played in this league.  

Provincial Elite
Provincial East
Provincial West
Regional Central
Regional Central East
Regional South
Regional South West

Quebec has the LSEQ as the top amateur division.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM