Aribim Pepple

Dominic94

There's a lot I don't know, and things change. But I have watched academy players at Barça and Espanyol since the late 80s, and have talked to countless parents, agents, scouts, coaches, injured players, just sitting in the stands starting a conversation. I have no systematic technical knowledge, it's pure hobbyism.

But he is wrong on the Fifa rule, Art 19 of the Regulation on Transfers, he could not move before age 18 and the EU exception for 16-18 year olds did not apply to him, he was not moving from a EU or Eurozone club or similar. With Brexit these rules don't apply to a transfer from a British to EU club anymore anyways.

For Getafe to sign him they had to ask for the CSA to send the papers.

The poster here wanted the EU rule to apply but for him to garner Cavalry a transfer payment for a guy not under contract, so it is all a big mental conundrum. 

The only thing I could believe is that he might have trained at a local pay-to-play academy in Madrid, one not in the federated football system, but it would have been for fitness or game readiness and their limitations in offering training. And not because he was in that mode where dumb parents were tossing their money away on a delusion.

21 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

But he is wrong on the Fifa rule, Art 19 of the Regulation on Transfers, he could not move before age 18 and the EU exception for 16-18 year olds did not apply to him, he was not moving from a EU or Eurozone club or similar. With Brexit these rules don't apply to a transfer from a British to EU club anymore anyways.

For Getafe to sign him they had to ask for the CSA to send the papers.

Not to argue anymore, but this is wrong.  Brexit just came into effect as of January 1, which only effects moving into England.  He's had a English passport and could have moved to any EU union country since 16 years old.  The same for any other player in North America that has moved early.  Everyone knows this, this is basic fact for any player/coach/agent.  If you possess any passport from within the EU union, you could transfer internationally.  Canadian examples:  Alessandro Riggi (Vigo), Piette (Metz), Matt Pasquale (Heerenveen), Pellegrino (Freiburg), Corbeanu (Wolves), Zanatta (Hearts), Carreiro and Petrasso (QPR).  Americans:  Taylor Booth [English] (Bayern), Zach Booth [English] (Leicester), Gio Reyna [English] (Dortmund), Justin Che (Bayern) etc. etc.

If I go register in an Federally regulated league whether pro or amateur in Spain, Greece or any other European country for the matter, the CSA would have to send over an ITC.  That is a standard procedure, not a special case.

Edited by Footyeh

6 hours ago, saintjoes said:

So turns out you're both right.. 

http://law.emory.edu/eilr/content/volume-25/issue-1/comments/fifa-transfer-regulations-uefa-eligibility-rules-european-football-minors.html

I can't believe I read this!
Oh I was gonna cut and paste the relevant quotes but well.. I'd be taking away from you hours of fun 😁

The real point is that he made these claims, on the back of a NT player getting signed for a La Liga club, basically to denigrate the player and mock our excitement as Canada fans. So he is off base there, and more so since his arguments have no foundation. He says:

-1-If Pepple was any good Cavalry would have gotten a transfer payment. Ignoring that if he is not under contract no such payment would be paid.

-2-If Pepple was any good he would not have had to go on trial and never in sequence. I think he is proposaing they be done simultaneously. 

-3-Pepple did not really sign for the top u-19 team of a La Liga team at all. He was training for some international high school academy Getafe runs so rich parents can say their kid is at a La Liga team. 

-4-We are all a bunch of idiots to be excited for Pepple's move, there is nothing special about it and we are overstating its importance. I just hope he doesn't change his tune  when Getafe Juveníl A play Real Madrid and Atlético u-19 A teams in the playoffs next month.

Leave it to this board to argue about nonsense lol. I have no idea which of you is correct, but truthfully, who cares. If Cavalry doesn’t get a fee because he wasn’t really sought after, that doesn’t mean he’ll fail. And if he really was a hot commodity, that doesn’t mean he’ll succeed. The kid is in a relatively good situation now and hopefully he’ll take advantage of it. Who cares how he got there.

10 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The poster here wanted the EU rule to apply but for him to garner Cavalry a transfer payment for a guy not under contract, so it is all a big mental conundrum.

I gotta say this is my favourite part of the whole discussion.  Never thought of referring to the person I am talking to as just "the poster".

4 hours ago, El Hombre said:

I gotta say this is my favourite part of the whole discussion.  Never thought of referring to the person I am talking to as just "the poster".

Maybe it was subliminal. Today I read an interesting--and humorous--article on the Imposter Syndrome, when you find it hard to recognize what you have done. In this case it was based on the idea of a shy serial killer who was reluctant to admit his atrocities, not to cover them up, but out of his internalised fear of being shown to be a fraud.

Somehow I get the sense this is totally relevant to my incident with "the poster".

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Maybe it was subliminal. Today I read an interesting--and humorous--article on the Imposter Syndrome, when you find it hard to recognize what you have done. In this case it was based on the idea of a shy serial killer who was reluctant to admit his atrocities, not to cover them up, but out of his internalised fear of being shown to be a fraud.

Somehow I get the sense this is totally relevant to my incident with "the poster".

I find that when speaking to people about football in Canada, lots of people fancy themselves as experts because Canada is not a hotbed for the sport and they have some sort of heritage to a nation with a strong football culture. In their head this means everyone else is clueless and they know it all. I got this a lot living in little Portugal for 10 years. 

This is all I could think of when reading those posts.

7 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I find that when speaking to people about football in Canada, lots of people fancy themselves as experts because Canada is not a hotbed for the sport and they have some sort of heritage to a nation with a strong football culture. In their head this means everyone else is clueless and they know it all. I got this a lot living in little Portugal for 10 years. 

This is all I could think of when reading those posts.

True, well put. And sometimes we are talking about real fans, die-hard fans, who then reveal themselves to be rather in the dark about the team they say they support. They know the players, watch games, then really don't understand what it means to support that club....like those that tell you they are Liverpool fans--but also like Manchester United. You know the type.

These days, with a lot of focus on Barça for the elections, I interacted with FCB fans from all over the world, mostly on Twitter. And people who watched the team and knew the players and were otherwise serious came up with the wildest opinions contrary to what any fan in Spain would be clear about. Like that the elections would be rigged or stolen. Another one: Barça fans outside of Spain wanted Real Madrid to beat Atletico on Sunday to allow Barça to get close to the league lead. And those in Spain wanted At Madrid to beat Real Madrid, even though it meant the lead would be the same and not reduced. Simple reason: those of us here know that RM lobbies and manipulates reffing, VAR criteria, press, La Liga office, disciplinary committees, and that they'll be gifted points down the stretch if things are close. So you have to kill off Real Madrid first and then worry about winning the league. I was ridiculed for explaining this to FCB fans in Malaysia, Canada or Bahrein. 

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The real point is that he made these claims, on the back of a NT player getting signed for a La Liga club, basically to denigrate the player and mock our excitement as Canada fans. So he is off base there, and more so since his arguments have no foundation. He says:

-1-If Pepple was any good Cavalry would have gotten a transfer payment. Ignoring that if he is not under contract no such payment would be paid.

-2-If Pepple was any good he would not have had to go on trial and never in sequence. I think he is proposaing they be done simultaneously. 

-3-Pepple did not really sign for the top u-19 team of a La Liga team at all. He was training for some international high school academy Getafe runs so rich parents can say their kid is at a La Liga team. 

-4-We are all a bunch of idiots to be excited for Pepple's move, there is nothing special about it and we are overstating its importance. I just hope he doesn't change his tune  when Getafe Juveníl A play Real Madrid and Atlético u-19 A teams in the playoffs next month.

Conveniently left out how wrong you were about being able to move to Europe since 16 didn't you.  Your points are still very wrong, Cavalry is entitled to $$$ regardless of whether he was under contract via compensation requirements.  Its not even about this kid, If your going to talk about players in general you should atleast know how things really work and not what you see from the internet.  What experience do you have?  Do you think players actually want to trial at so many places?  I pray you haven't dealt with any players because you'd be awful at advising them, especially with silly comments like players "shouldn't go on loan" that you made earlier in this thread...but yes, I'm the imposter😄

This forum is going to need a new Spanish Expert, or you can educate yourself by talking to players, coaches, clubs and start giving people some better information.

Edited by Footyeh

2 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Conveniently left out how wrong you were about being able to move to Europe since 16 didn't you.  Your points are still very wrong, Cavalry is entitled to $$$ regardless of whether he was under contract via compensation requirements.  Its not even about this kid, If your going to talk about players in general you should atleast know how things really work and not what you see from the internet.  What experience do you have?  Do you think players actually want to trial at so many places?  I pray you haven't dealt with any players because you'd be awful at advising them, especially with silly comments like players "shouldn't go on loan" that you made earlier in this thread...but yes, I'm the imposter😄

This forum is going to need a new Spanish Expert, or you can educate yourself by talking to players, coaches, clubs and start giving people some better information.

Can you explain this transfer money for someone out of contract to me? Are you implying that if a player's club let's a contract expire, and doesn't offer them a new contract, they can essentially block that player from ever playing again by asking for more money from any transfer? If an out of contract player can't leave on a free transfer, then how come there are in fact free transfers that happen? How are those situations different from Pepple's? If you are in any way correct, you must be leaving stuff out. I'm genuinely curious.

2 hours ago, Footyeh said:

giphy.gif

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Can you explain this transfer money for someone out of contract to me? Are you implying that if a player's club let's a contract expire, and doesn't offer them a new contract, they can essentially block that player from ever playing again by asking for more money from any transfer? If an out of contract player can't leave on a free transfer, then how come there are in fact free transfers that happen? How are those situations different from Pepple's? If you are in any way correct, you must be leaving stuff out. I'm genuinely curious.

They're perhaps talking about youth squads getting compensation when a player transaction happens. I remember some fuss about US and Canadian teams not adhering to this protocol. I'm by no means an expert, but that's the first thing that jumps to mind

Training compensation/solidarity payments are NOT transfer fees. When Pebble signs his first professional contract, and if/when he makes further transfer moves throughout his career, every club for whom he played while he was classified as a youth can claim compensation based on a set formula. If he played 2 seasons for Cavalry as a 16- and 17- year old, they'll be able claim relatively small amounts from his future clubs, as will whatever youth clubs he represented prior to joining them. Hell, Getafe will probably be eligible to claim training compensation on future moves Pebble might make.

19 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Training compensation/solidarity payments are NOT transfer fees. When Pebble signs his first professional contract, and if/when he makes further transfer moves throughout his career, every club for whom he played while he was classified as a youth can claim compensation based on a set formula. If he played 2 seasons for Cavalry as a 16- and 17- year old, they'll be able claim relatively small amounts from his future clubs, as will whatever youth clubs he represented prior to joining them. Hell, Getafe will probably be eligible to claim training compensation on future moves Pebble might make.

And my understanding is that it is up the training clubs to enforce these payments. MLS teams apparently used to not go after these payments, but then changed their tune: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/18/faqs-about-training-compensation-and-solidarity-payments (I believe this is what @Aird25 was alluding to). I don't know if that used to be the practice as a show of goodwill  by the MLS toward Europe or what the logic was there.

In any case, this argument between @Footyeh and @Unnamed Trialist devolved into a 'gotcha' debate about who has more technical knowledge. I don't know if it contributed to actually analyzing the Bim's move.

Speaking of which, if we're going to deviate from talking about the kid, I can't help but think of The Apple every time I read/hear/think of "Bim". For my money it's the worst movie ever made. For reference: 

Do the BIM!

3 minutes ago, El Diego said:

And my understanding is that it is up the training clubs to enforce these payments. MLS teams apparently used to not go after these payments, but then changed their tune: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/18/faqs-about-training-compensation-and-solidarity-payments (I believe this is what @Aird25 was alluding to). I don't know if that used to be the practice as a show of goodwill  by the MLS toward Europe or what the logic was there.

I'm pretty sure that MLS directed its clubs not to pursue training compensation from overseas clubs only because they didn't want to have to pay any out themselves when they signed players.

10 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Nope...I'm good with UT as the local Spanish expert. He seems to give unbiased opinions in regards to Spanish football that I wouldn't know the least about. That is not to say that I've never disagreed with him about other opinions but that's to be expected...everyone has opinions and is entitled to them. You of course are also rightfully entitled to your's but the difference between you and him is that you come off as somewhat of a twat. But that's just my OPINION...I could be wrong.🙄

12 hours ago, longlugan said:

Nope...I'm good with UT as the local Spanish expert. He seems to give unbiased opinions in regards to Spanish football that I wouldn't know the least about. That is not to say that I've never disagreed with him about other opinions but that's to be expected...everyone has opinions and is entitled to them. You of course are also rightfully entitled to your's but the difference between you and him is that you come off as somewhat of a twat. But that's just my OPINION...I could be wrong.🙄

Twat of the highest order lol

18 hours ago, El Diego said:

Speaking of which, if we're going to deviate from talking about the kid, I can't help but think of The Apple every time I read/hear/think of "Bim". For my money it's the worst movie ever made. For reference: 

Do the BIM!

Might have to save that one in the fault for a future chant 🤣(hoping he goes onto great things)

Edited by Shway

• 1 month later...

So here is a video of our Canadian scrub doing dit-twat against Real Madrid

Click on this video at the top of the page, the first 40 seconds or so are Aribim's match vs. Real Madrid, 2-2. On the last Getafe goal to tie it, #20 scores and you can see Bim, #29, going for the rebound, and then celebrating the goal with the rest. He is tall and lanky. 

This is a major accomplishment for a Canadian youth player, to be in this mix, and a huge step up for Aribim himself.

This draw could have kicked Real Madrid out of the fight to go to the final round national championship for U-19 A teams, as At Madrid passed them in their group, with two matches to go.

https://www.realmadrid.com/noticias/2021/04/23/fin-de-semana-de-la-cantera

• 3 months later...