Aribim Pepple

Dominic94

Man I appreciate that this kid is getting his confidence, and finding his feet again. I just hope any move for him comes with a certainty. I feel like he's one of those guys who could've benefited from a youth tournament a la Toulon with his English ties. 

6 hours ago, Shway said:

Man I appreciate that this kid is getting his confidence, and finding his feet again. I just hope any move for him comes with a certainty. I feel like he's one of those guys who could've benefited from a youth tournament a la Toulon with his English ties. 

Certainty of playing time? Is he really likely to find that?

6 minutes ago, Fullback said:

No idea how legit the source is but wouldn’t be a bad spot for him to land.

Im a big fan of FGR so I would selfishly love for this move to happen

Cavalry had previously stated there would be an announcement today, so this would make a lot of sense. Good foresight out of FGR if they signed him way back in April

That’s a cool move. FG were promoted to league one for the first time in their history last year. They actually hold the record for smallest town to have an EFL team, when they reached League Two for the first time in their history back in 2017, having spent the past century+ in the National league and its predecessors. It looks like this team is on the ups. Their second largest stakeholder is Hector Bellerin who currently plays for Arsenal. Wonder if it’s a Wrexham situation where it’s this ancient team who finally has ambitious leadership and is gonna make a go at it.

they’re also the world’s first vegan and carbon neutral football club. Pretty fitting club name for that too.

Edited by InglewoodJack

What's Pepple's national team status? He has a passport right? He's been listed as English on Cavalry's wiki page. Is that an oversight or is there something to that?

I know he's had a cup of coffee with our youth teams at some point, but considering the hot start in CPL, and considering the transfer to the EFL League One, any reasonable amount of playing time should push him into senior call up territory, no?

Not suggesting he makes any of the friendlies upcoming to prep for World Cup, but I would like to think sometime in the next 12 months a call up is not out of the question. Certainly it would be 2023 though, and he'd have to be doing something notable at Forest Green, similar to Corbeanu at MK Dons or Millar at Charlton Athletic. 

11 minutes ago, Obinna said:

What's Pepple's national team status? He has a passport right? He's been listed as English on Cavalry's wiki page. Is that an oversight or is there something to that?

I know he's had a cup of coffee with our youth teams at some point, but considering the hot start in CPL, and considering the transfer to the EFL League One, any reasonable amount of playing time should push him into senior call up territory, no?

Not suggesting he makes any of the friendlies upcoming to prep for World Cup, but I would like to think sometime in the next 12 months a call up is not out of the question. Certainly it would be 2023 though, and he'd have to be doing something notable at Forest Green, similar to Corbeanu at MK Dons or Millar at Charlton Athletic. 

I think his status is not good enough for England, Canadian by default, haha. He’s lived in Canada since he was 5, so k think if he plays well in England, he should be in the mix for the last roster spot along with Koleosho, Kone, Brym Colyn, etc. But likely in a year or two.

58 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think his status is not good enough for England, Canadian by default, haha. He’s lived in Canada since he was 5, so k think if he plays well in England, he should be in the mix for the last roster spot along with Koleosho, Kone, Brym Colyn, etc. But likely in a year or two.

I'd like to think so, but the same has been said about Jebbison. 

Ultimately both should be ours, and I am not suggesting either has an England NT future, but neither player may share my opinion on that. Players can back themselves and in the case of Jebbison, he's firmly in the English NT system now. It's been good for his development, but the trade off is that we're likely to wait several years before he commits to us.

Basically, I don't want to wait on Pepple like this. I want to us blood this guy when the time comes. To do that, he needs to have citizenship, hence my question. Does anyone know if he actually has Canadian citizenship? Davies played with our youth teams before he gained his citizenship, by the way. The difference is that he was living in Canada when he received it, whereas Pepple is moving to England now. Does that possibly affect any citizenship requirements (assuming he doesn't have it yet)? 

22 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I'd like to think so, but the same has been said about Jebbison. 

Ultimately both should be ours, and I am not suggesting either has an England NT future, but neither player may share my opinion on that. Players can back themselves and in the case of Jebbison, he's firmly in the English NT system now. It's been good for his development, but the trade off is that we're likely to wait several years before he commits to us.

Basically, I don't want to wait on Pepple like this. I want to us blood this guy when the time comes. To do that, he needs to have citizenship, hence my question. Does anyone know if he actually has Canadian citizenship? Davies played with our youth teams before he gained his citizenship, by the way. The difference is that he was living in Canada when he received it, whereas Pepple is moving to England now. Does that possibly affect any citizenship requirements (assuming he doesn't have it yet)? 

Yeah, I think when a player is a dual national with a nation that is so much better than us, it becomes irrelevant in the sense that if he's good, he'll play for them, if he's not as good, he'll play for us. I do hope that if Pepple is on the England radar, which I would assume he really isn't, that him and Jebbison, etc. don't hold out for the ENGMNT dream until they're like 25, because it would be a drag to lose some of their prime years on CANMNT because they're holding out for the faint chance that England calls them up.

I can't find anything about him having (or I guess not having) Canadian citizenship, even his LinkedIn, which he has for some reason, says he's from England (transfermarkt says he's a dual citizen, but they're notoriously unreliable). I don't think it's the case, but does being a dual citizen affect your ability to play english football? I know you need a working permit if you're not English, so i wonder if he's lacking on his citizenship acquisition (if he truly isn't a dual citizen, which I have no proof he isn't) because it's easier to go to England. Typing that out got me thinking that that probably isn't the case, but who knows. Fingers crossed he already has his citizenship, because the way things are, if he starts the process right now, he might be ready in time for the 2030 WC.

Would he not technically fall under the same category as Ike Ugbo?  His family didn't move here for sporting reasons and I'm assuming he lived in Canada for most of his life.  It says he was with Calgary Foothills from 2012 (living in Calgary since 2007) all the way up to Cavalry in 2020.  That would put his youth club career in Canada alone at about double what Ike Ugbo's was before returning to England.  

I've been wrong before on the everchanging rules of eligibility but based on all of this, it seems he would be eligible for Canada.  Does he have a 3rd nation of eligibility?

30 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Would he not technically fall under the same category as Ike Ugbo?  His family didn't move here for sporting reasons and I'm assuming he lived in Canada for most of his life.  It says he was with Calgary Foothills from 2012 (living in Calgary since 2007) all the way up to Cavalry in 2020.  That would put his youth club career in Canada alone at about double what Ike Ugbo's was before returning to England.  

I've been wrong before on the everchanging rules of eligibility but based on all of this, it seems he would be eligible for Canada.  Does he have a 3rd nation of eligibility?

Yeah, he would, I think the issue is you need Canadian citizenship to play for the senior team, and if he hasn’t already obtained that, now that he plays in England (and assuming he chooses to base himself there permanently) the odds of him getting a passport are trickier if he’s focused on making it work in England and maybe one day making a crack at England’s men’s team. 

29 minutes ago, Corazon said:

He's eligible for England, Nigeria and Canada as of right now.