Diyaeddine Abzi

shamrock

6 hours ago, shamrock said:

Anyone else impressed by this kid? I like him, he's young and has good dribbling skills and a great cross with the left foot. I have the idea that York9 won't be his club for too long. 

agreed. first saw him when he got subbed on in the inaugural match, and was impressed with how much more threatening York looks with him on the field.

45 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This is the left back right? I saw him last week or perhaps it was the week before. They compared him to Ali Adnan. If that's the same player, then I agree. Lots of upside.

Yup that's him, number 20. He's a '98 as well, so he's eligible for Olympic qualifying this fall.

• 2 years later...

Brennan has Abzi playing upfront this year. And he has looked quite good. Playing with a younger group has brought out his leadership abilities. Potential for breakout year. Wonder if playing for Olympic team lit a fire.

Someone did an evaluation chart based on last year's data.

• 11 months later...

I know he’s played with our U23’s, but I wonder how far he is from getting on Morocco’s radar. Just last window they called a right-back who has played most of his career (and this upcoming season) in Ligue 2 + numerous defenders from their domestic league.

The wing is obviously a strong suit for Morocco, but I’d imagine a strong start in France could thrust him onto the depth chart (if he’s interested).

I like this move a lot for Abzi and York. Rate him highly, but simply a position of strength for us.

31 minutes ago, Buchta said:

What are the other ones?  

Is it more likely Abzi starts off with the second team of Pau?

Waterman for sure. Arguably McNaughton and Chung, though it's early days. Borges and Estevez come to mind as transfer flops, though Borges could return to OH Leuven at some point and change that story. 

Just now, Obinna said:

Waterman for sure. Arguably McNaughton and Chung, though it's early days. Borges and Estevez come to mind as transfer flops, though Borges could return to OH Leuven at some point and change that story. 

Did Pacific receive any transfer money for McNaughton and Chung?  (I think I remember only one of them was on a free.)