Tajon Buchanan

nolando

17 hours ago, Joe Keeper said:

I know Tajon plays well on the wings not least of which is down to his speed. I think he would do very well as a pure forward in a front two. His finishing ability is high quality and he has already played well for us and scored coming in to the box from central positions. Hes too versatile and skilled to be pigeonholed as an outright winger only. 

I would like to see a club play him there too. It would be good for his development and open up more options for his career. 

I think the main concern with tajon is his finishing ability. I would be reluctant to put him as a striker unless we are just trying to catch teams on the counter. I think the reason tajon is being linked to top italian clubs is they view him as a wingback option. Where on Juve would he play? the only real option is to change formation on play him as a wingback. I dont think top clubs are wanting him for his goal scoring ability. I think its his ability to be sound defensively while also contributing in attacking phases. 

5 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

TSN reporting that he has taken meetings with Série A and EPL teams, not in a rush to make a move, but a chance he moves in January, but is loaned back to CB until the summer

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/tajon-buchanan-weighing-options-after-meetings-with-epl-serie-a-clubs-1.1890414

Perfection. He should absolutely be staying with Brugge for the remainder of the season.

Under the category of "Tajon is our most important player", one has to think that as Canada sees more and more players at top European clubs, Davies might start to believe that he does NOT need to carry the team on his back and as a result will stop playing hero ball and start playing to his strengths and trusting in the quality of the players around him. Tajon's rise, then, might lift Davies even further, at least for the NT. Toss in cats like Kone and Staq and David (once he scores another 10 this year for Lille), and maybe a couple of others by 2026, and maybe Davies will operate much as he does for Bayern, where he is truly world class.

2 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Under the category of "Tajon is our most important player", one has to think that as Canada sees more and more players at top European clubs, Davies might start to believe that he does NOT need to carry the team on his back and as a result will stop playing hero ball and start playing to his strengths and trusting in the quality of the players around him. Tajon's rise, then, might lift Davies even further, at least for the NT. Toss in cats like Kone and Staq and David (once he scores another 10 this year for Lille), and maybe a couple of others by 2026, and maybe Davies will operate much as he does for Bayern, where he is truly world class.

I think "hero ball" (of which I haven't seen nearly as much as you all think there is going on) goes out the window if Herdman stops asking Davies to play a position he is not suited to.

In the video "Beyond The Quite" posted a few pages back, Tajon said he was not picked for Canada's U-20s back in 2020? His first appearance for Canada was the U23s in March 2021 and for the seniors  June 2021. Weird since he was drafted by NER in Jan 2019

4 hours ago, jonovision said:

I think "hero ball" (of which I haven't seen nearly as much as you all think there is going on) goes out the window if Herdman stops asking Davies to play a position he is not suited to.

I agree with you, but I find he tries to play "hero ball" when Canada is losing. It worked against Panama, but not against Croatia and Morroco.

3 hours ago, SoCalTransport said:

I agree with you, but I find he tries to play "hero ball" when Canada is losing. It worked against Panama, but not against Croatia and Morroco.

Davies’ goal against Panama was the winning goal. In other words, Canada wasn’t losing at the time.

12 hours ago, Kadenge said:

In the video "Beyond The Quite" posted a few pages back, Tajon said he was not picked for Canada's U-20s back in 2020? His first appearance for Canada was the U23s in March 2021 and for the seniors  June 2021. Weird since he was drafted by NER in Jan 2019

That doesn't make sense.

He's a '99.  That means he was ineligible for the 2020 U-20s (if it hadn't been cancelled).

He was eligible for the 2018 U-20s.  Knowing what we know now, of course hindsight would say that he should've been on that tire-fire of a team.  However, at the time of this tournament he was in his second year at Syracuse.  He would've missed the last 3 or 4 games of his college career to be with the U20s and wouldn't get drafted until a couple months later.  However, I'm sure I would've preferred him on the pitch to help prevent that loss to St. Kitts and Nevis.

I haven't watched the video but that seems a strange thing to complain about.

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

That doesn't make sense.

He's a '99.  That means he was ineligible for the 2020 U-20s (if it hadn't been cancelled).

He was eligible for the 2018 U-20s.  Knowing what we know now, of course hindsight would say that he should've been on that tire-fire of a team.  However, at the time of this tournament he was in his second year at Syracuse.  He would've missed the last 3 or 4 games of his college career to be with the U20s and wouldn't get drafted until a couple months later.  However, I'm sure I would've preferred him on the pitch to help prevent that loss to St. Kitts and Nevis.

I haven't watched the video but that seems a strange thing to complain about.

Yup agreed. He may have got the yr wrong

52 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Just read up on Juventus being interested in Tajon and if this happens, this will be as huge as Davies to Barcelona given how big a club Juve is in the world but also in Serie A

Napoli and AC Milan links also. Honestly, either of those clubs would be fine with me. All would be great steps up where he can probably get decent-to-good playing time. I am not familar enough with any club to say what his chances of starting are, but I have noticed that Lozano tends to be in and out of the Napoli line up, and Napoli play with a front 3. Presumably he competes with Lozano for a spot, rather than playing in a back 4, as he's not really a full back (more of a wingback or winger).

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Napoli and AC Milan links also. Honestly, either of those clubs would be fine with me. All would be great steps up where he can probably get decent-to-good playing time. I am not familar enough with any club to say what his chances of starting are, but I have noticed that Lozano tends to be in and out of the Napoli line up, and Napoli play with a front 3. Presumably he competes with Lozano for a spot, rather than playing in a back 4, as he's not really a full back (more of a wingback or winger).

Then I really hope he goes to Juve or to AC Milan 

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

That solves the possible problem for Bruges, they get the transfer payment they want, but keep the player at least for the Champions League and Belgium league campaigns. 

Now would they then be paying the new Leicester--given the case--salary? Or split it with the buying club, so it would effectively be part of the transfer cost?

56 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That solves the possible problem for Bruges, they get the transfer payment they want, but keep the player at least for the Champions League and Belgium league campaigns. 

Now would they then be paying the new Leicester--given the case--salary? Or split it with the buying club, so it would effectively be part of the transfer cost?

Tajon to Leicester is actually a good move