Tajon Buchanan

nolando

4 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

how many games with Bruges does Tajon (and Larin) have before the leave for WC?  A few more games under his belt would be excellent. I feel he still has another gear...

3 and one is a cup match against a third division team. Maybe Tajon starts on the bench for that cup game, but my guess is that Larin either starts that one or plays decent minutes.

On 10/26/2022 at 2:43 PM, InglewoodJack said:

Brugge saw people here say Buchanan is like a mini Davies so they said oh word then I’m gonna play him in a dumb position just because 

He’s played a lot as a back for Brugge this season. Generally playing more defensively even when he’s playing higher in the formation. In the last champions league match he often dropped back to make the back 4 a back 5. The two way role suits him well. 

Edited by ECW

7 hours ago, ECW said:

He’s played a lot as a back for Brugge this season. Generally playing more defensively even when he’s playing higher in the formation. In the last champions league match he often dropped back to make the back 4 a back 5. The two way role suits him well. 

No question Tajon is more effective and a scoring threat when he plays as a winger/forward but he is developing the defensive side to his game which was previously lacking. I do hope that Brugge will push him higher up once they transfer out one or two of their forwards.

14 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

No question Tajon is more effective and a scoring threat when he plays as a winger/forward but he is developing the defensive side to his game which was previously lacking. I do hope that Brugge will push him higher up once they transfer out one or two of their forwards.

I'm okay with his position.  We have a lot forward options and more developing.  If we really want to compete, we need great players all around the pitch and great wingbacks or even fullbacks are crucial to great teams.   

On 11/2/2022 at 4:47 AM, PegCityCam said:

Sent in a decent left-footed in-swinger that curled right into the keeper's mitts but was only a few feet from a charging Larin's now follicly-endowed noggin...what a connection that would have been 😩

Even the British commentator mentioned how exciting that would have been.  It was the second time he mentioned Brampton during the match.  Mind you, he mentioned the fact that no Belgian club has ever topped their group in the Champions League about eight times.

10 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I'm okay with his position.  We have a lot forward options and more developing.  If we really want to compete, we need great players all around the pitch and great wingbacks or even fullbacks are crucial to great teams.   

I keep dreaming about us developing/stumbling upon two lethal wingers. Phonzie and Tajon as wingbacks, David up front with Eustaquio and Kone in the middle? Sheeeeeesh😅

On 11/2/2022 at 7:18 PM, PegCityCam said:

I keep dreaming about us developing/stumbling upon two lethal wingers. Phonzie and Tajon as wingbacks, David up front with Eustaquio and Kone in the middle? Sheeeeeesh😅

Could you imagine this.

GK Crepeau? 
Johnston,  Some new class cb, Miller (lets assume johnston and miller go to europe)
Phonzie kone eustaquio Tajon - All 4 playing champions league (lets hope Kone becomes a tier 1 player)
Koleosho David Corbenau/davidson - (Koleosho develops into a tier 1 player in la liga, Crobenau plays in the prem consistently, davidson is in champs league with celtic). 

Our front 7 could easily end up in/near the top tier. Would it be wild to say our front 7 could come within touching distance to a team like holland. 

Depay bergwijn 
Gakpo 
Malacia koopmeiners de jong dumfries. 

David at lille vs depay at lyon is close. 
Bergwijn edges out a koleosho playing in la liga but maybe not by a huge margin
Gakpo will be quite ahead of corbenau/davidson
phonzie is way better than malacia
Eustaqiou playing amazing at porto vs koopmeiners playing well at atalanta... could be close?
De jong is miles better than kone
I think dumfries edges out tajon but again, its not huge margins... 

I'd say holland wins this fairly easily but its not massive margins in my hypothetical where our players exceed development projections hahahah. 

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Starting for Brugges.  

Pray to whatever god or gods you worship that he escapes unscathed.  

Playing pretty within himself in poor conditions so far. Maybe yesterday and teammates on his mind.

Boyata who might be going to Qatar for Belgium badly beaten for pace and Club are down 0-1.

32 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Playing pretty within himself in poor conditions so far. Maybe yesterday and teammates on his mind.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a very real factor.   It would be hard to 100% compartmentalize seeing multiple teammates go down immediately before you get to play on the world’s biggest stage. 

37 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a very real factor.   It would be hard to 100% compartmentalize seeing multiple teammates go down immediately before you get to play on the world’s biggest stage. 

Yeah, if I was a manager I’d definitely take that into account for my selections.