Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

Which begs the question how he has got the time to be doing all he is doing at the moment and why the post would still be vacant if it isn't being held for someone who is already involved with what the league is doing? Guess another possibility is it will be someone with a CMNT pedigree like Jason Bent or Chris Pozniak who will become available when the MLS season wraps up.

17 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Which begs the question how he has got the time to be doing all he is doing at the moment and why the post would still be vacant if it isn't being held for someone who is already involved with what the league is doing? Guess another possibility is it will be someone with a CMNT pedigree like Jason Bent or Chris Pozniak who will become available when the MLS season wraps up.

Well he appears to be doing something part time with CPL, Guyana and Minnesota so he can make it work.  

Of course a head coach would be full time so he’d have to drop everything.

12 hours ago, HfxCeltic said:

Ok, that’s what I’ve heard as well. Heard he has a partial ownership role in another yet-to-be named Ontario market as well. 

Think Kitchener has been mentioned in that sort of regard on here a couple of times. The league will probably need a Phil Anshutz type figure to make it through the first 5 to 10 years, so would be good news for its chances of longevity if Bob Young sees this project as a core part of his legacy rather than as a minor footnote and is willing to back stop multiple franchises.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

It isnt Bunbury as coach, although I would like to think he is offered a role with the club.

@Keegan, barton st battalion has tickets organised through the voyageurs. We will be doing a large push in the coming weeks to advertise it more, but it has been up on our social media for about 2/3 weeks now. $17 for the game in the south stand.

On 9/10/2018 at 10:01 AM, Keegan said:

Does anyone know if Forge supporters are meeting up for the Canada-Dominica match?  Would be a great opportunity to get supporters together and get the name out there.  The CSA should be giving free tickets to the CPL clubs and filtering them to cofounders.  Would be a good opportunity to promote the domestic league and inflate crowd numbers.

Just received an email invite to attend the open trials final match Oct 2nd. Members are invited to watch the match, as well as meet the Head Coach (no name yet!) and have a round table with Bob Young and David Clanachan. Members also can identify their preferred seat location. They really do seem to be doing all the rights things so far. Forge Ahead!

40 minutes ago, RickC said:

Just received an email invite to attend the open trials final match Oct 2nd. Members are invited to watch the match, as well as meet the Head Coach (no name yet!) and have a round table with Bob Young and David Clanachan. Members also can identify their preferred seat location. They really do seem to be doing all the rights things so far. Forge Ahead!

Wow. That is smart.

They’re doing everything right but other CPL clubs should be doing similar.  These aren’t crazy above and beyond viral things, it’s just a thoughtful and resourceful approach thus far.  99% of people here could think of similar things, the other CPL clubs need more passion because any team with full time staff should be able to think up these things over an 8 hour work day.

On 9/26/2018 at 1:38 PM, RickC said:

All good, I think it's a great idea, my only issue with it is there is less than a weeks notice for this, not everyone can change their schedule this fast, I personally will probably not make it!

Edited by gator

On 9/26/2018 at 2:56 PM, Keegan said:

They’re doing everything right but other CPL clubs should be doing similar.  These aren’t crazy above and beyond viral things, it’s just a thoughtful and resourceful approach thus far.  99% of people here could think of similar things, the other CPL clubs need more passion because any team with full time staff should be able to think up these things over an 8 hour work day.

All in, Forge definitely has all of the other clubs beat on how to promote and sell the team.  It might be too early to determine who is being smart around using the trials for promotion though, since Halfax is the only confirmed team that has gone.  The Privateers did have a night with Kurt Larson, which I thought was a nice touch.   

I know we are going to be able to attend day two of the Winnipeg trials here, and that season tickets are going on sale around that time. They could have other things planned.  I imagine they are waiting until a bit closer to the date to promote everything.  The clubs with trials in the west may still have things up their sleeves that we haven't heard about yet.

What Hamilton is doing most importantly is showing that you don’t need to be a major city to have a sustainable fan base.  This shows literally every other market on the fence that they too can be involved and successful.  The success of Hamilton should translate to Mississauaga/Brampton because those two cities have an even better football base.

• RS locked this topic