Forge FC (Hamilton) launch/2019 offseason thread

RS

We were given a full seating chart with various season ticket prices.  199 (for 15 games) for supporters group  259 at other end 339 next section in then 419 and 489 at midfield.

Net                                                          Net

259     339   419  489   419   339   199

Also of interest Bob and Bobby both mentioned they want to start rolling out first player signings in next couple months to continue to build momentum.

And Clanachan opted to take 'the high road when asked about Ottawa Fury, just said he is disappointed but it is out of his hands, any further decisions belong to CSA and FIFA.

Members ticket prices for 15 home games range from $199 ($13.27 per game) in supporter's section, to a high of $749 ($49.93) in the best club seats. Most seats will go for between $259 ($17.26) to $489 ($32.60). No mention about what single tickets will go for eventually, but most likely $30-$40 will get you a nice seat. Some of the more expensive seats include parking.

9 hours ago, RickC said:

Members ticket prices for 15 home games range from $199 ($13.27 per game) in supporter's section, to a high of $749 ($49.93) in the best club seats. Most seats will go for between $259 ($17.26) to $489 ($32.60). No mention about what single tickets will go for eventually, but most likely $30-$40 will get you a nice seat. Some of the more expensive seats include parking.

That seems like a perfectly reasonable spread. Good for them. 

Now all you need is to add your youth and senior discounts, so a 16 year old who wants to join his dad in a supporter section could pay something like half that, or someone wanting to sit with an older dad could also get a deal.  

On 10/1/2018 at 4:58 PM, C2SKI said:

Couldn’t he switch clubs in the future?

I'm less concerned about the coach and more concerned about Sigma developing some sort of official relationship with Forge or even moving for that matter.

This was my response in the other thread:

"People here are talking about how the league is grassroots and supposed to develop local soccer. Helping Hamilton at the expense of Mississauga does the opposite. Sigma is an integral part of soccer in Mississauga, and any deal that affiliate Sigma with Hamilton is as counter productive to developing grass roots soccer and local soccer culture as Toronto FC and Vancouver sprouting academies in other cities to poach kids away.

Hamilton has it's own soccer culture and local teams, Forge should affiliate with those teams."

Edited by zen

2 hours ago, masster said:

Wow. I'm surprised. $200 for a season ticket including a team kit is too cheap. I think they are leaving money on the table.

Im not sure what the economy is like in Hamilton but 199$ (likely +tax and fees) is not 'cheap' to me. As a working class guy with just a regular low paying labor/retail job it allows me a chance to support the club for most home games. Anything higher then that (and im sure there are many people like me) and I would likely my only option would be to pick a few home games to attend and would likely not be as invested in the club.

The $199 supporter tickets will likely just be small section in each clubs stadium. Will make up a small percentage of the overall but will give a chance for those with lower incomes and those who want to just take a peek and not break the banks a chance to see the product.

I think for a new league which is going to have a limited quality of play starting out the pricing is totally appropriate.

The free jersey thing is smart. Get those jerseys out on the street and have plenty of walking billboards advertising the team. In a few years you can probably get a good number of those fans to buy new ones after a bit of a redesign or something.

I live closest to York 9, but if they have similar pricing with a free jersey deal I might consider season tickets even though I don’t have the time for it (but hope to get out to at least a few games).

28 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Any Hamiltonians have thoughts on putting temp seating behind the goals? I can’t remember is the field real grass?  If so, I would image that would be disastrous for the grass. 

They have definitely considered it, it was brought up in one of the first meetings with supporters. 

24 minutes ago, Hybred said:

I doubt they will put in temp seating behind goals as those are standing areas that people tend to drink and hang about

It was empty at the Pan Ams but obviously  they didn’t have anything set up there.  I’d like to see a stand behind the goal that doesn’t have the concrete stand thing.  It would make the atmosphere a lot better.. there wasn’t organized support at the pan ams but it felt odd with the open ends. 

2 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Any Hamiltonians have thoughts on putting temp seating behind the goals? I can’t remember is the field real grass?  If so, I would image that would be disastrous for the grass. 

The field is turf. 

5 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

I think Hamilton will have the highest attendance in the league, already with an impressive 1400 + Memberships and their marketing strategy is simply excellent 

Would be great if they can average 8000 or more per game in their 10K soccer config.

Hamilton as well as Winnipeg need a larger average playing in the big stadiums to create a good atmosphere for the fans.

Anything less than 7K will make for poor optics and atmosphere for those 2 clubs.

11 minutes ago, CDNFootballer said:

Would be great if they can average 8000 or more per game in their 10K soccer config.

Hamilton as well as Winnipeg need a larger average playing in the big stadiums to create a good atmosphere for the fans.

Anything less than 7K will make for poor optics and atmosphere for those 2 clubs.

To that point, anyone know what the capacity will be for Forge games?

• RS locked this topic