Jonathan David

Vince193

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Could be the case, but advancing age of a player can also mean a player is entering his prime, when he's likely to become a better player. Yet his value is being weighed down in most cases.

The biggest flaw with TMV is that it factors in potential, which is a prediction of the future and not an assessment of the present.

agreed

4 hours ago, dennis said:

FWIW, Transfermarkt has the Belgium's Jupiler Pro League's Total market value at 570,98 mil euro vs MLS at 487,50 mil euro. KAA Gent is listed at at TMV of 56,90 mil euro. To put that in perspective TFC is listed at 30.18 mil. Not sure how anyone concludes that MLS is the stronger league by any metric.

The same Transfermarkt that currently lists Alphonso Davies' value at 800,000 euros?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alphonso-davies/profil/spieler/424204

3 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I don’t think those values are updated in real time. I think it will change Aug 15.

But that’s beside the point.  They use an algorithm.. nothing to do with the player, their potential etc. Davies has been worth more than 5 million AT LEAST since the 2017 gold cup so it just shows how out of touch it is.

Edited by Keegan

50 minutes ago, Keegan said:

But that’s besides the point.  They use an algorithm.. nothing to do with the player, their potential etc. Davies has been worth more than 5 million AT LEAST since the 2017 gold cup so it just shows how out of touch it is.

Not really. If the same algorithm is applied to all players their value as posted may not be accurate in relation to real dollars but they would be relative to other players. In theory at least.

What a nice run to get into the open space.  I dont know what else he did the rest of the game but that was a heck of a play.   Herdman has to use a 2 striker formation...I want to see Larin/David, or Cavallini/Millar etc in the fall.  Some combo of the an established guy and the youngster.  I feel for Ricketts, because if these kids keep growing in leaps and bounds he might not get many more games to move up the alltime scoring list.  

3 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

What a nice run to get into the open space.  I dont know what else he did the rest of the game but that was a heck of a play.   Herdman has to use a 2 striker formation...I want to see Larin/David, or Cavallini/Millar etc in the fall.  Some combo of the an established guy and the youngster.  I feel for Ricketts, because if these kids keep growing in leaps and bounds he might not get many more games to move up the alltime scoring list.  

I don't feel bad for the Ricketts at all. The amount of caps, goals, and general success he's had in soccer is way more than his ability and soccer IQ should have afforded him.

A two striker formation would require one of the strikers to do a lot of defensive work if we play it against good teams. Certainly neither Larin or Cavallini seem to be the type to be able to drop back and play a defensive forward type role. It is interesting to think about how to line up considering our (relative) strength in attack, suddenly. I don't think these young kids are too far off our best XI.