Noble Okello

Dub Narcotic

This just irks me.  Literally the 4th post on here about him is the training stint in europe (at age 17) with wolfsburg and a story with the details on the transfer attempts that TFC turned down.  Obviously they saw something in him same as we did.  He'll be 23 this summer and looking to salvage his career, its a real shame.  Dunn and Romeo fizzled out as well.  Sighhh.   

5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

This just irks me.  Literally the 4th post on here about him is the training stint in europe (at age 17) with wolfsburg and a story with the details on the transfer attempts that TFC turned down.  Obviously they saw something in him same as we did.  He'll be 23 this summer and looking to salvage his career, its a real shame.  Dunn and Romeo fizzled out as well.  Sighhh.   

Plenty of youth players in Europe fizzle out as well. If he had gone to Wolfsburg he might not be any further ahead than he is now.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:29 PM, VinceA said:

I think if TFC felt he had the tools to be a CB they would have already converted him into one. He's been a pro for a while now.

Ya I don't know, not sure i'd take what anyone in TFC's staff feels about a player into consideration for anything.

• 1 month later...

Inter Miami? Hmmm

On one hand, it's very encouraging that an MLS took him in for training. He can absolutely have a career at this level, given the right situation. He may need a few breaks here and there, but it's definitely within the realm of possibility. 

On the other hand, it's Inter Miami. Jay Chapman found minutes hard to come by down there. David Norman Jr. never even got a sniff down there. 

I wish him all the best, whether he sticks in South Florida or not!

Strange thing is, Chapman got the career highs for starts and minutes with Inter right before they cut him.  I am wondering if they are bringing him in with an eye to shifting him to a CB like toontown said??  Recycle him at another position...maybe??  At least he gets to spend some time in Florida.  

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

What’s interesting is that Miami is looking at Canadians… not their first one. 

Another former TFC II player Shaan Hundal had a good season with their NextPro club and made the Inter Miami first team bench a few times last season but unfortunately never saw any action.

Edited by Corazon

On 1/18/2023 at 11:29 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Their director of soocer operations is a former Lynx and Serbian White Eagles player called Niki Budalic.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niki_Budalić

I was surprised he got another gig after his stint at underachieving Orlando.  And Inter Miami seems to be team a in flux in the player personnel turnover department added to underachieving big name players.

More pertinent to the topic, hopefully Okello can find a landing spot here.

26 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I hope that he does nab a spot and regular playing time here, despite the fact that this will be yet another indictment against TFC and their over-reliance the past few years on an aging Bradley

Once we saw Bob come in, we new Bradley had a hidden extension.

11 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I hope that he does nab a spot and regular playing time here, despite the fact that this will be yet another indictment against TFC and their over-reliance the past few years on an aging Bradley

But in all honesty he didn’t look all that great whenever he got playing time with TFC . I hope he does well and sticks with Inter Miami but like I said but he was just not good enough with TFC , maybe a change of scenery will do him well let’s see.

• 2 weeks later...