Noble Okello

Dub Narcotic

It appears he is behind Nelson, Kerr (who are both forwards), Thompson (who naturally is a MF I think). All three are younger. 

If they get eliminated from playoff contention maybe he gets a few looks from BB this year but while they are in the hunt, I doubt he gets more than a few cameos. 

Add in MB4, Osorio and Kaye... think Okello will need a loan or a transfer. He needs to be playing day in and day out and he won't get that with this TFC team as it currently stands. He "picked" the worst time to take a long term injury. 

11 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

It appears he is behind Nelson, Kerr (who are both forwards), Thompson (who naturally is a MF I think). All three are younger. 

If they get eliminated from playoff contention maybe he gets a few looks from BB this year but while they are in the hunt, I doubt he gets more than a few cameos. 

Add in MB4, Osorio and Kaye... think Okello will need a loan or a transfer. He needs to be playing day in and day out and he won't get that with this TFC team as it currently stands. He "picked" the worst time to take a long term injury. 

Not sure you can say he is behind Nelson, Kerr and Thompson. He is just coming back from a long term injury and this is the first time he made the bench.  Let’s see in a couple of weeks. If he still isn’t playing, then maybe your right.  Or maybe Bradley just doesn’t want to put someone in who would obviously be rusty after being off long term. 

On 8/24/2022 at 5:24 PM, Norrin Radd said:

No love for Marshall-Rutty?

I think he has looked okay at times - certainly has not filled the shoes of what was projected yet. I felt that Nelson was in the same position a year or two ago and now he has worked his way into the team (even if it is just temporary). I think there is still a lot of hope for him in the future. Still pretty young.

On the second LAG goal, he deflected a pass that unfortunately went right into the path of the onrushing LAG player who scored the goal.  I don't think he could have done anything else on the play.

At least he is getting into games.  Hopefully Bob Bradley can figure out how to get JMR some time as well.

14 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Every time I see him play all I can think to describe his performance is "completely unremarkable". He never seems to really get involved, but he never really seems to make any boneheaded mistakes. So yeah, pretty much a non-comment but that's all I can come up with tbh.

Agreed.  He wasn’t bad but he just doesn’t show much of anything. 

Looked miles off everyone else on the pitch at the start of yesterday’s game.  Looked nervous when he received the ball… slow to move it on… first 3 passes were well off leading to turnovers.  He settled a bit but still looks well under the level of the game.  Defensively meh.  I agree he needs time in the CPL if he’s going to improve.

9 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Really? He certainly didn't set the world on fire, but I thought he looked relatively close to what I saw from Bradley out there.

Bradley didn’t have a great game either, and I’m not the biggest fan, but his game seemed to be rejuvenated a bit with the arrival of the Italians, and when not over played can be useful.  Okello is just poor.  

16 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

Every time I see him play all I can think to describe his performance is "completely unremarkable". He never seems to really get involved, but he never really seems to make any boneheaded mistakes. So yeah, pretty much a non-comment but that's all I can come up with tbh.

maybe there's a future in reffing for him then?

• 3 weeks later...

I think because of his unique frame he projects as a rangy ball-winner or potential centre back but I just haven’t seen any defensive attributes or instincts that would allow him to thrive in either of these roles. To me, I see a player that’s more a baller-type that’s clever on the ball, combines well with teammates and thrives in attacking pockets of space. The only time he’s convinced me of being MLS caliber is when he was deployed as a roaming attacker/withdrawn striker alongside Jozy vs Leon. Would love to see him get a CPL loan where he can develop his skill set in this role. 

54 minutes ago, FC_Hali said:

I think because of his unique frame he projects as a rangy ball-winner or potential centre back but I just haven’t seen any defensive attributes or instincts that would allow him to thrive in either of these roles. To me, I see a player that’s more a baller-type that’s clever on the ball, combines well with teammates and thrives in attacking pockets of space. The only time he’s convinced me of being MLS caliber is when he was deployed as a roaming attacker/withdrawn striker alongside Jozy vs Leon. Would love to see him get a CPL loan where he can develop his skill set in this role. 

Well said. This is where he needs to play to reach his potential. He's just not a defensive mid, nor is he a center back. He needs to play as an attacking midfielder and to do so must drop a level and work his way back up.

54 minutes ago, FC_Hali said:

Well said. This is where he needs to play to reach his potential. He's just not a defensive mid, nor is he a center back. He needs to play as an attacking midfielder and to do so must drop a level and work his way back up.