Noble Okello

Dub Narcotic

He needs to land somewhere he plays every week. Doesn't look like MLS is that option. The wages will be far better but I think he will be a perennial peripheral man. Maybe at this point he is happy with that. Even if it can only last a couple of seasons.

Still think he has potential that can be unlocked, but only with a combination of playing minutes and his own motivation/psyche being there.

I still wonder if a positional change might not jumpstart Okello.  Vanney recycled Lareya into position more suited to his skillset just about when he was on his way out of MLS.  No luck in Orlando, pregnant wife, trialing with TFC, that kind of shit will motivate a guy...wonder what it will take to get that "eye of the tiger" with Okello.  

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I still wonder if a positional change might not jumpstart Okello.  Vanney recycled Lareya into position more suited to his skillset just about when he was on his way out of MLS.  No luck in Orlando, pregnant wife, trialing with TFC, that kind of shit will motivate a guy...wonder what it will take to get that "eye of the tiger" with Okello.  

I think Laryea is a rare case but just for comparisons Laryea left Orlando to Toronto at the age of 24 with 21 MLS games experience.  Okello is leaving Toronto FC at age 22 and with 23 MLS games experience.

Like I said, I think Laryea is a rarity but there’s still hope for Okello.  I highly doubt anyone thought Laryea had more of a future in Canadian football when he left Orlando than Okello has now after leaving Toronto (aside from the quality differences in our program from four years ago to now).

Edited by Corazon

I hope Okello sticks somewhere - I actually think he could be a pretty decent player. I don't know if there are some attitude issues or what but I found him to be a bit of a beast in the midfield (box to box kinda guy). He's not the most technically gifted but he can shoot when given the chance, can make a nice through pass and has some physical game too. He's a little rough around the edges - if he worked on dribbling more and could make a header part of his toolbox, I think he would excel in a lower table team in the Bundesliga or a Championship team.

All the best Noble!

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Was hoping he stuck there. Anywhere he will get consistent weekly minutes is where I hope he ends up. Even if that ends up being the CPL.

Toronto’s record with Okello starting was abysmal at both MLS and USL level. I don’t really follow the club, but would it really be all that bad for him to spend a year or two at a decent club in CPL if he was able to get a decent run of games. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just hope he fulfills the promise of a guy has already had almost 22 pages (and counting) of comments on here about his potential.

Assurances and indications about a clear pathway to the first team?  Like every other player, he just needs to let his play do the talking, in whatever position and role his coaches direct him.