Noble Okello

Dub Narcotic

Hi Guys,

***Broken record over here, skip this post if you're tired of hearing it***

Best thing for Okello would be to get the hell out of TFC's system.  He has too much talent and natural gifts to get stuck in that mud.  I keep reading he needs to do this, he needs to do that.  A kid needs the right support around him to develop, he also needs to be playing at the right level to attain any decent level.  It's more than just getting minutes, he needs help dissect and analyse those few minutes he does play.  I don't see anyone inside TFC's system able to do that.  Ideally it could even be a senior and successful player like Bradley, but from the outside looking in, it seems Bradley is probably sabotaging these kids and sees them as threats.  TFC is just wasting this kid like a tonne of others. 

On 9/26/2022 at 8:54 AM, FC_Hali said:

I think because of his unique frame he projects as a rangy ball-winner or potential centre back but I just haven’t seen any defensive attributes or instincts that would allow him to thrive in either of these roles. To me, I see a player that’s more a baller-type that’s clever on the ball, combines well with teammates and thrives in attacking pockets of space. The only time he’s convinced me of being MLS caliber is when he was deployed as a roaming attacker/withdrawn striker alongside Jozy vs Leon. Would love to see him get a CPL loan where he can develop his skill set in this role. 

Great post. He had so much confidence in that CCL mini-run under Armas as an attacking player

Next year, I think it probably is best if Noble Okello, Jordan Perruzza and some of the other young players are loaned out to a CPL team for the year. That way they get consistent time to hone their game.  Montreal has done that with a few of their young players (Sean Rea, Karifa Yao, Jonathan Sirois) this year and there have been glowing reviews about their play. That way the players can build confidence and come back to TFC more prepared and ready to fight for a spot on the main roster.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Remember when Wolfsburg offered 6 figures for him in 2018 and TFC turned itndown? What a different career path this guys could have been on. 

Just brutal asset management, they literally ruined him. 

look at shaf, I know Dunn got injured, Fraser has quality and tbh should have stayed in MLS.

is TFC releasing him or he’s leaving ? 

Do you guys ever consider the possibility that sometimes the player just isn't quite good enough? Never saw anything from this guy that suggested a long career as a starter in MLS was about to unfold or anything that suggested he was hopelessly out of his depth.

He is at the age now that keeping him around would start to hinder the next set of prospects. Swing and a miss but maybe he could/will still put the pieces together with a club in Belgium or Scandinavia. Think he's a bit too good to land in CanPL but stranger things have happened.

Matt Doyle was convinced he was a starter. Bob Bradley and Chris Armas saw something in him at a point and then boom stopped playing him…

Petrasso was leading TFC in assists and then gets dumped when Criscito arrives… 

TFC has to either let the kids go or play them, can’t do both. 

ill say this, there isn’t room for Thompson in the midfield next year, not sure where Kerr plays. And how does Rutty even get time ?

Bradley and Kaye will play every game, if Oso leaves which I hope he does maybe Nelson and Rutty can play. But where does that leave Kerr ? What’s worse is Achara was getting more time only to be let go.

Ayo didn’t really get too many chances.

they’re just so quick to give up on their youth, you have to stick with your youth and give them the run they need to figure it out. No TFC manager has done this for a player.

also, why the fuck is Mavinga being kept over Henry ? Mavinga is brutal.

1 minute ago, jordan said:

Called Matt Stinson the Canadian Michael Bradley.

I like Matt Doyle and genuinely think he has a good eye for the game, but people have to realize that his job is also to sell the league. So he'll take a relatively unknown local player from each team and make hyping them up his pet project.

22 minutes ago, RS said:

I like Matt Doyle and genuinely think he has a good eye for the game, but people have to realize that his job is also to sell the league. So he'll take a relatively unknown local player from each team and make hyping them up his pet project.

I agree, it would be helpful though if people watched the players they took his word on. 

39 minutes ago, MauditYvon said:

With Koné, Wanyama and Mihailovic leaving, I would take him in Montréal.

I’d imagine Zouhir and Rea take up those spots, heck even Saliba and it’s not like Montreal doesn’t have other academy guys or even Schiavoni/Catavolo that they could pull back.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

I’d imagine Zouhir and Rea take up those spots, heck even Saliba and it’s not like Montreal doesn’t have other academy guys or even Schiavoni/Catavolo that they could pull back.

We also know Montreal isn't afraid to make big inter league trades in MLS