General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

14 minutes ago, VinceA said:

The main difference is Welsh teams in the English pyramid use English spots in Europe while in Canada Canadian teams don't have access to American spots even if they're in MLS or in the past, USL.

That actually won't be the case anymore starting next year

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

We've just qualified for the World Cup for the first time since the mid-80s. Glass half full type people are focusing more on that right now than the intricacies of MLS roster rules.

It’s funny how you move the goal posts.  You asked why people make a distinction between MLS and the other shared NA pro leagues.   Others then point out that MLS is the only one with discriminatory policies that disadvantage Canadian players and rather than acknowledging the pint that was made you accuse them of being pessimists.  You seem to have a blind spot when it comes to MLS.  It is a good league that has done good things for Canadian players.  But that doesn’t negate the fact that there are still changes that could (and should) be made from the perspective of a Canadian soccer supporter.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

It is a good league that has done good things for Canadian players.  But that doesn’t negate the fact that there are still changes that could (and should) be made from the perspective of a Canadian soccer supporter.  

We should absolutely be pushing for Canadian equity as far as roster rules go. However, I want to flip this around and say the issue doesn't negate the good things the league has done. Shifting goal posts aside, that's probably where @Ozzie_the_parrot is coming from.

Sure, it comes of as defending MLS on the matter, but I don't believe there's a Canadian fan out there who doesn't believe the rule hampers us. Of course we'd be better off being treated the same as Americans, but with qualifying for the World Cup I have grown less convinced this is the ball and chain we make it out to be.

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

...but the three Canadian entrants will be able to qualify in future through the Leagues Cup.

I’ve argued this before….we’ll see how this goes.

Currently on their historic record, Canadian MLS teams would’ve have only qualified for 4x. 

….we’ll see in 2024, how many Canadians clubs are in the CCL (outside the 2 Voyaguers champ and the CPL champ.)

Think it's Voyagaurs Cup champ and 2 CanPL. Made no comment beyond a second pathway to the CCL also being available to the Canadian MLS clubs now. Will be interesting to see how much interest there is in playing Liga MX teams in the Leagues Cup in the three Canadian cities involved. Thinks that's more of a draw in the United States.

It's unfortunate that CONCACAF League participation is no longer there for CanPL from 2023 onwards because it's held at a much better time of year to be marketing international club games. They actually have a realistic shot at winning some of those games while the CCL ones are going to be very difficult most years and likely to be played in late February.

9 hours ago, Sal333 said:

If it's a foreign league, what the hell is it doing operating in Canada?

Exactly. 

Just because it has franchises in a different jurisdiction does not change the fact that it is a US league that has no interest in providing special treatment for foreigners.  We should be happy that we got the exception for different roster rules for the Canadian teams in exchange for the boost to revenues for the league that those markets provide.

I think MLS has been great for the development of Canada soccer - provided opportunities for Canadian players when there were no other options and continues raise the bar in terms of higher quality opportunities, but why should Canadians count as domestics for the US teams?  Flip this around - say a billionaire investor wanted to put a CPL team in Buffalo - should US players all of a sudden count as domestics across all other CPL teams?

I can't think of any example of a football league anywhere that has rules that privilege players from certain foreign countries over others (in other words, all foreigners are treated the same).  They either have roster rules that shape the domestic / foreigner balance, or they treat everyone equally.  Take the Wellington Phoenix who play in the A-league.  NZ players don't get special treatment on the rosters of the Australian-based teams - they are foreigners.

If you want to deliberately create more space for domestic players, you do it in your domestic league - hence the CPL.  

13 minutes ago, kacbru said:

Exactly. 

Just because it has franchises in a different jurisdiction does not change the fact that it is a US league that has no interest in providing special treatment for foreigners.  We should be happy that we got the exception for different roster rules for the Canadian teams in exchange for the boost to revenues for the league that those markets provide.

I think MLS has been great for the development of Canada soccer - provided opportunities for Canadian players when there were no other options and continues raise the bar in terms of higher quality opportunities, but why should Canadians count as domestics for the US teams?  Flip this around - say a billionaire investor wanted to put a CPL team in Buffalo - should US players all of a sudden count as domestics across all other CPL teams?

I can't think of any example of a football league anywhere that has rules that privilege players from certain foreign countries over others (in other words, all foreigners are treated the same).  They either have roster rules that shape the domestic / foreigner balance, or they treat everyone equally.  Take the Wellington Phoenix who play in the A-league.  NZ players don't get special treatment on the rosters of the Australian-based teams - they are foreigners.

If you want to deliberately create more space for domestic players, you do it in your domestic league - hence the CPL.  

Point taken, but I think the difference there is the United States has 10x the population of Canada, so there'd be a concern making Americans "domestic" would lead to a ton of American players flooding the Canadian CPL teams.

For MLS, the roles are swapped. Americans shouldn't (and probably don't) worry about a massive influx of Canadians blocking American player development. 

But like you said, why would they stress themselves? Equality for the sake of fairness only goes so far. Aside from that, I don't see the motive to fix this from an American POV. That's probably why we the situation hasn't progressed.  

1 hour ago, kacbru said:

I can't think of any example of a football league anywhere that has rules that privilege players from certain foreign countries over others (in other words, all foreigners are treated the same).  They either have roster rules that shape the domestic / foreigner balance, or they treat everyone equally.  Take the Wellington Phoenix who play in the A-league.  NZ players don't get special treatment on the rosters of the Australian-based teams - they are foreigners

It happens in Canada with Americans on the 3 MLS clubs.

I'm curious are Australian players considered domestic on that New Zealand squad that plays in the A League?

23 minutes ago, narduch said:

It happens in Canada with Americans on the 3 MLS clubs.

I'm curious are Australian players considered domestic on that New Zealand squad that plays in the A League?

I don't think that is a good example - Americans are domestic across the league, it is an American league, there is just special consideration for Canadians for the Canadian teams.

It is the same in the A-league, I think it is a limit on 5 foreign players - for the Phoenix, Australians and NZers and considered domestic.

19 minutes ago, kacbru said:

I don't think that is a good example - Americans are domestic across the league, it is an American league, there is just special consideration for Canadians for the Canadian teams.

It is the same in the A-league, I think it is a limit on 5 foreign players - for the Phoenix, Australians and NZers and considered domestic.

We know that the USL had no issues allowing Canadians to be domestics.

Not sure why people on this forum are so quick to defend the situation in MLS.

Edited by narduch

1 hour ago, narduch said:

We know that the USL had no issues allowing Canadians to be domestics.

Not sure why people on this forum are so quick to defend the situation in MLS.

I expect those dumb blind excuses from Americans.....but but "lAbOuR lAwS" bullshit. 

Edited by Shway
thanks Sal.​😁​

5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Think it's Voyagaurs Cup champ and 2 CanPL. Made no comment beyond a second pathway to the CCL also being available to the Canadian MLS clubs now. Will be interesting to see how much interest there is in playing Liga MX teams in the Leagues Cup in the three Canadian cities involved. Thinks that's more of a draw in the United States.

Correct. 1 berth to Voyageurs Cup Champ, and I'm going to assume 1 to the CPL Regular Season Champ, and the Playoff Champ.

5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

It's unfortunate that CONCACAF League participation is no longer there for CanPL from 2023 onwards because it's held at a much better time of year to be marketing international club games. They actually have a realistic shot at winning some of those games while the CCL ones are going to be very difficult most years and likely to be played in late February.

I agree.

And thissss is why my argument about proper representation, and also proper exposure for our young stars/players. Everyone would agree that the MLS teams have the better younger talent- right!. Kone made his name off the ability to show out in the CCL. But in the future, we know that the CPL teams will consistently have a greater presence in the CCL past 2024 than our best MLS teams. Why? Because of the odds! That fact alone does not sit well with me. Why? Because if current trends continue, it'll mean that it's the second best players getting that exposure. (And I don't want anyone saying that's a good alternative option)

It's easy math. 30 MLS teams, 3 of which are Canadian. 3 additional spots available to Canadian, Mexican, and American clubs via Leagues Cup, and 1 additional spot available to Canadian and American MLS teams via the MLS cup.

It's not like the CPL teams are included in the Leagues Cup either. So ultimately this means a very low representation of Canadians, and roster rules play a factor for that.

The day we got CPL was the day I stopped caring about the MLS roster rules. We've now got our own league and can use it to solve our problems in the long run. Ultimately MLS is an American league that happens to have Canadian teams in it. Besides, the wording that it "discriminates against Canadians" is kind of disingenuous. MLS privileges Americans first, Canadians second, and everyone else third/last. You could even flip things around and say that the 3 Canadian teams have the largest domestic player pool, so our teams have that as an advantage (although maybe with the ease of getting green cards it's not actually the case over a period of time, I'm not sure).

If there are talented Canadians that can't get a job in MLS because they are considered internationals, and those players then have to settle for playing in the CPL, that makes the CPL stronger, which is good for Canadian soccer. My hopes and dreams are more pinned on CPL teams doing well in inter-league competitions like the Voyageurs Cup and CONCACAF competitions, and CPL teams drawing bigger and bigger crowds, expansion teams, more viewers on OneSoccer, players that graduate from the league to other leagues doing well to hopefully drive up the price of the next guy, etc. These things matter more than certain players not being considered domestic on American MLS teams.

Abacus did a post WCQ survey about soccer fandom in Canada.

The highlights are:

- Total of big and casual followers of soccer are 40% which is close to NFL, NBA, MLB & CFL. But these are just one leagues vs soccer followers are split amongst many leagues and tourneys.

- Big/casual soccer followers tend to be male, under 44, live mostly in ON/BC/AB, have university degree, nearly half make over 100k & live in city regions. 

- 44% have had no previous interest in the World Cup. But 63% are aware Canada qualified. So 37% will now more closely follow the Qatar World Cup. 

- 52% will only be supporting Canada at Qatar. 9% for two countries and 5% for another country. 34% won't be watching. Quebec were the least likely to support Canada and younger Canadians are more likely to support another country.

Slide14-2.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ssl=1

https://abacusdata.ca/canada-soccer-world-cup-reaction/

Edited by red card

These results sound encouraging to the CSA if they hope to bring in big sponsorship dollars.
I am most surprised that the percentage of those who will support another nation and not Canada increased with younger Canadians.  It would have been interesting to have asked them who they were supporting.  I suspect that Croatian supporters might have fallen in the ‘dual’ category had they not been drawn in Canada’s group.  Portuguese supporters that I’ve spoken with all seem to fall in the ‘dual’ group, so I wonder if they would have felt differently if they were drawn with Canada?

Canadians in MLS - Week 10

Both Montreal and Vancouver won while Toronto FC lost both games (robbery!)

Of note Cavallini assisted a last minute winner which was scored by Tosaint Ricketts (his first of the year).  In Montreal, Waterman scored his first MLS goal, Johnston provided yet another assist while ZBG scored a goal and provided an assist off the bench on the weekend.  Hasal played 70 minutes, saved a penalty and with some help from the officials combined for a Vancouver shutout.  Jayden Nelson wrongfully had a goal called back in one of the worst calls I've ever seen.  I believe it was also Nelson's chip over the top that led to the 1st half penalty for Toronto FC.

Canadian Player Minutes

Montreal - 3,744 minutes - 4,644 minutes including Goalkeeping

Toronto - 4,982 minutes

Vancouver - 2,227 minutes - 3,017 minutes including Goalkeeping

US MLS Teams - 2,418 minutes - 4,038 minutes including Goalkeeping

Stats provided by MLS.com.

Player Team POS GP GS MP G A P% T INT Duel %
Raheem Edwards Los Angeles LW 10 10 897 0 5 79.9% 16 13 48.2%
Kamal Miller Montreal CB 10 10 891 1 2 83.0% 2 9 60.9%
Luca Petrasso Toronto RB 10 10 852 0 3 72.7% 4 8 46.7%
Mark Anthony Kaye Colorado CM 10 10 842 3 0 81.0% 16 14 50.5%
Joel Waterman Montreal CB 9 9 810 1 1 85.9% 7 8 60.7%
Alistair Johnston Montreal RB 10 10 808 0 4 83.7% 10 8 53.4%
Russell Teibert Vancouver CM 9 9 737 0 0 81.1% 10 16 40.0%
Jonathan Osorio Toronto CM 9 9 716 2 4 87.8% 9 9 55.1%
Ismael Kone Montreal CM 9 8 626 1 2 83.7% 3 5 55.6%
Jayden Nelson Toronto RW 10 8 545 1 0 80.7% 7 4 44.4%
Lukas MacNaughton Toronto CB 8 6 516 0 0 79.1% 4 12 56.8%
Lucas Cavallini Vancouver ST 8 5 515 1 1 75.0% 5 2 53.2%
Kosi Thompson Toronto CM 9 6 511 1 2 74.4% 8 7 51.5%
Jacob Shaffelburg Toronto LW 6 6 466 0 2 69.4% 7 7 42.3%
Kadin Chung Toronto CM 8 5 451 0 1 82.5% 10 8 60.4%
Tyler Pasher Houston ST 8 5 389 1 1 79.1% 2 0 43.3%
Cristian Gutierrez Vancouver LB 6 3 348 0 0 88.1% 6 4 70.8%
Deandre Kerr Toronto ST 6 2 283 1 0 76.4% 5 4 55.7%
Ryan Raposo Vancouver CM 8 3 273 1 0 76.1% 1 5 46.4%
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Toronto CM 4 3 197 0 0 87.9% 3 4 67.9%
Mathieu Choiniere Montreal CM 3 2 166 0 0 83.7% 4 1 53.3%
Tesho Akindele Orlando ST 7 1 158 0 0 73.3% 2 2 46.4%
Noble Okello Toronto CM 4 1 156 0 0 75.9% 3 2 79.0%
Michael Baldisimo Vancouver CM 5 2 148 0 0 81.4% 3 0 30.4%
Marcus Godinho Vancouver RB 4 2 141 0 0 81.0% 0 1 70.0%
Jordan Peruzza Toronto ST 8 0 138 0 0 64.5% 0 0 56.5%
Doneil Henry Los Angeles FC CB 4 2 132 0 0 88.2% 0 1 50.0%
Zach Brault-Guillard Montreal RB 6 0 123 2 1 86.4% 1 2 28.6%
Samuel Piette Montreal CM 3 1 119 0 0 92.8% 2 1 23.1%
Rida Zouhir Montreal CM 4 1 110 0 0 77.6% 0 0 42.9%
Zorhan Bassong Montreal LB 5 1 91 0 0 86.8% 0 1 37.5%
Ralph Priso-Mbongue Toronto CM 3 1 51 0 0 75.0% 5 1 46.1%
Ayo Akinola Toronto ST 3 0 46 0 0 75.0% 0 1 50.0%
Ali Ahmed Vancouver CM 1 0 33 0 0 88.9% 0 1 50.0%
Steffen Yeates Toronto CM 2 0 31 0 0 76.9% 1 0 50.0%
Tosaint Ricketts Vancouver ST 5 0 30 1 0 85.7% 0 0 30.0%
Kobe Franklin Toronto RB 1 0 13 0 0 100.0% 0 0 50.0%
Themi Antonoglou Toronto CM 1 0 10 0 0 100.0% 0 0 100.0%
Emiliano Brienza Vancouver ST 1 0 2 0 0 83.3% 0 0 0.0%
Callum Montgomery Minnesota CB                  
Tani Oluwaseyi Minnesota ST                  
Jean-Aniel Assi Montreal ST                  
Nathan-Dylan Saliba Montreal CM                  
Keesean Ferdinand Montreal CB                  
Karifa Yao Montreal CB                  
Tomas Giraldo Montreal CM                  
Sean Rea Montreal CM                  
O'Vonte Mullings New York ST                  
Reshaun Wilkes Toronto ST                  
Adam Pearlman Toronto DF                  
Luke Singh Toronto (to FC Edmonton) CB                  
Vasco Fry Vancouver ST                  
Matteo Campagna Vancouver CM                  
Simon Colyn Vancouver (to Jong PSV) CM                  
Kamron Habibullah Vancouver (to Pacific FC) CM                  
Derek Cornelious Vancouver (to Panetolikos) CB                  
Damiano Pecile Vancouver (to Venezia) CM                  

Player Team POS GP GS MP S S % P% GA GAA Wins
Dayne St Clair Minnesota GK 8 8 720 36 83.7% 55.1% 7 0.88 4
Maxime Crepeau Los Angeles GK 10 10 900 18 64.3% 78.4% 10 1 7
Thomas Hasal Vancouver GK 9 9 790 27 61.4% 54.3% 17 1.94 2
Sebastian Breza Montreal (from Bologna) GK 10 10 900 22 53.7% 76.4% 19 1.9 5
James Pantemis Montreal GK                  
Greg Ranjitsingh Toronto GK                  
Isaac Boehmer Vancouver GK                  
Jonathan Sirois Montreal GK                  
Luka Gavran Toronto GK                  
Edited by Corazon

On 5/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, red card said:

The highlights are:

- Total of big and casual followers of soccer are 40% which is close to NFL, NBA, MLB & CFL. But these are just one leagues vs soccer followers are split amongst many leagues and tourneys.

- Big/casual soccer followers tend to be male, under 44, live mostly in ON/BC/AB, have university degree, nearly half make over 100k & live in city regions. 

- 44% have had no previous interest in the World Cup. But 63% are aware Canada qualified. So 37% will now more closely follow the Qatar World Cup. 

- 52% will only be supporting Canada at Qatar. 9% for two countries and 5% for another country. 34% won't be watching. Quebec were the least likely to support Canada and younger Canadians are more likely to support another country.

Half of the people who identify as soccer fans make over 100k a year? Where was this survey conducted.. the Vancouver Golf & Country Club?

On 5/7/2022 at 3:35 AM, red card said:

The highlights are:

I read this, thought about it, but have to say your summary is good. But you have made one erroneous conclusion that stood out for me. It took me a day to chew over it. 

I don't think the survey says nearly half of fans make over 100k. It analyses the total by income, and offers the breakdown of type of support for each income range. And the 100k+ group show high support. But that group I believe represents under 10% of Canadians.

You'd have to know the breakdown of those surveyed (% of total who make over 100k surveyed) to do the new numbers.

Now if those surveyed would give us a third in each income category, then the conclusion might be close. This is why I think the University breakdown is valid, because in fact in Canada just under a third of the population has a university degree, and with college or university it is just over 60%, so the breakdown works and correlates, more or less and with closer approximations.

Methodology, have you seen it? They take a sample from one province and then extrapolate what that might mean for a national survey, based on previous survey taking. Or am I wrong? They say:

"The survey was conducted with 1,500 eligible voters in Ontario from April 14 to 19, 2022"

52 minutes ago, dhawk11 said:

Fifa World Cup Qatar 2022 Mens Soccer Team Canada Sword (winterbornblades.com)

Check out this page with the Sword can had during world cup qualifying. Pretty cool piece! 

Is it only me or do others find lugging around a faux medieval sword (illegally) and burying it under away pitches an embarrassment? I’m not surprised Costa Rica imagined that confiscating it and leaking it would make Canada look bad. The device looks like bad TV, or suitable for use by the Taliban’s Ministry of Promotion of Virtue and Suppression of Vice.

Edited by ECW

16 hours ago, Corazon said:

Canadians in MLS - Week 10

Both Montreal and Vancouver won while Toronto FC lost both games (robbery!)

Of note Cavallini assisted a last minute winner which was scored by Tosaint Ricketts (his first of the year).  In Montreal, Waterman scored his first MLS goal, Johnston provided yet another assist while ZBG scored a goal and provided an assist off the bench on the weekend.  Hasal played 70 minutes, saved a penalty and with some help from the officials combined for a Vancouver shutout.  Jayden Nelson wrongfully had a goal called back in one of the worst calls I've ever seen.  I believe it was also Nelson's chip over the top that led to the 1st half penalty for Toronto FC.

Canadian Player Minutes

Montreal - 3,744 minutes - 4,644 minutes including Goalkeeping

Toronto - 4,982 minutes

Vancouver - 2,227 minutes - 3,017 minutes including Goalkeeping

US MLS Teams - 2,418 minutes - 4,038 minutes including Goalkeeping

Stats provided by MLS.com.

Player Team POS GP GS MP G A P% T INT Duel %
Raheem Edwards Los Angeles LW 10 10 897 0 5 79.9% 16 13 48.2%
Kamal Miller Montreal CB 10 10 891 1 2 83.0% 2 9 60.9%
Luca Petrasso Toronto RB 10 10 852 0 3 72.7% 4 8 46.7%
Mark Anthony Kaye Colorado CM 10 10 842 3 0 81.0% 16 14 50.5%
Joel Waterman Montreal CB 9 9 810 1 1 85.9% 7 8 60.7%
Alistair Johnston Montreal RB 10 10 808 0 4 83.7% 10 8 53.4%
Russell Teibert Vancouver CM 9 9 737 0 0 81.1% 10 16 40.0%
Jonathan Osorio Toronto CM 9 9 716 2 4 87.8% 9 9 55.1%
Ismael Kone Montreal CM 9 8 626 1 2 83.7% 3 5 55.6%
Jayden Nelson Toronto RW 10 8 545 1 0 80.7% 7 4 44.4%
Lukas MacNaughton Toronto CB 8 6 516 0 0 79.1% 4 12 56.8%
Lucas Cavallini Vancouver ST 8 5 515 1 1 75.0% 5 2 53.2%
Kosi Thompson Toronto CM 9 6 511 1 2 74.4% 8 7 51.5%
Jacob Shaffelburg Toronto LW 6 6 466 0 2 69.4% 7 7 42.3%
Kadin Chung Toronto CM 8 5 451 0 1 82.5% 10 8 60.4%
Tyler Pasher Houston ST 8 5 389 1 1 79.1% 2 0 43.3%
Cristian Gutierrez Vancouver LB 6 3 348 0 0 88.1% 6 4 70.8%
Deandre Kerr Toronto ST 6 2 283 1 0 76.4% 5 4 55.7%
Ryan Raposo Vancouver CM 8 3 273 1 0 76.1% 1 5 46.4%
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Toronto CM 4 3 197 0 0 87.9% 3 4 67.9%
Mathieu Choiniere Montreal CM 3 2 166 0 0 83.7% 4 1 53.3%
Tesho Akindele Orlando ST 7 1 158 0 0 73.3% 2 2 46.4%
Noble Okello Toronto CM 4 1 156 0 0 75.9% 3 2 79.0%
Michael Baldisimo Vancouver CM 5 2 148 0 0 81.4% 3 0 30.4%
Marcus Godinho Vancouver RB 4 2 141 0 0 81.0% 0 1 70.0%
Jordan Peruzza Toronto ST 8 0 138 0 0 64.5% 0 0 56.5%
Doneil Henry Los Angeles FC CB 4 2 132 0 0 88.2% 0 1 50.0%
Zach Brault-Guillard Montreal RB 6 0 123 2 1 86.4% 1 2 28.6%
Samuel Piette Montreal CM 3 1 119 0 0 92.8% 2 1 23.1%
Rida Zouhir Montreal CM 4 1 110 0 0 77.6% 0 0 42.9%
Zorhan Bassong Montreal LB 5 1 91 0 0 86.8% 0 1 37.5%
Ralph Priso-Mbongue Toronto CM 3 1 51 0 0 75.0% 5 1 46.1%
Ayo Akinola Toronto ST 3 0 46 0 0 75.0% 0 1 50.0%
Ali Ahmed Vancouver CM 1 0 33 0 0 88.9% 0 1 50.0%
Steffen Yeates Toronto CM 2 0 31 0 0 76.9% 1 0 50.0%
Tosaint Ricketts Vancouver ST 5 0 30 1 0 85.7% 0 0 30.0%
Kobe Franklin Toronto RB 1 0 13 0 0 100.0% 0 0 50.0%
Themi Antonoglou Toronto CM 1 0 10 0 0 100.0% 0 0 100.0%
Emiliano Brienza Vancouver ST 1 0 2 0 0 83.3% 0 0 0.0%
Callum Montgomery Minnesota CB                  
Tani Oluwaseyi Minnesota ST                  
Jean-Aniel Assi Montreal ST                  
Nathan-Dylan Saliba Montreal CM                  
Keesean Ferdinand Montreal CB                  
Karifa Yao Montreal CB                  
Tomas Giraldo Montreal CM                  
Sean Rea Montreal CM                  
O'Vonte Mullings New York ST                  
Reshaun Wilkes Toronto ST                  
Adam Pearlman Toronto DF                  
Luke Singh Toronto (to FC Edmonton) CB                  
Vasco Fry Vancouver ST                  
Matteo Campagna Vancouver CM                  
Simon Colyn Vancouver (to Jong PSV) CM                  
Kamron Habibullah Vancouver (to Pacific FC) CM                  
Derek Cornelious Vancouver (to Panetolikos) CB                  
Damiano Pecile Vancouver (to Venezia) CM                  

Player Team POS GP GS MP S S % P% GA GAA Wins
Dayne St Clair Minnesota GK 8 8 720 36 83.7% 55.1% 7 0.88 4
Maxime Crepeau Los Angeles GK 10 10 900 18 64.3% 78.4% 10 1 7
Thomas Hasal Vancouver GK 9 9 790 27 61.4% 54.3% 17 1.94 2
Sebastian Breza Montreal (from Bologna) GK 10 10 900 22 53.7% 76.4% 19 1.9 5
James Pantemis Montreal GK                  
Greg Ranjitsingh Toronto GK                  
Isaac Boehmer Vancouver GK                  
Jonathan Sirois Montreal GK                  
Luka Gavran Toronto GK                  

Wilkes and Gavran are not first team players, they are both play for TFC II on MLS Next Pro contracts.