General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

On 5/7/2022 at 1:06 PM, TOcanadafan said:

These results sound encouraging to the CSA if they hope to bring in big sponsorship dollars.
I am most surprised that the percentage of those who will support another nation and not Canada increased with younger Canadians.  It would have been interesting to have asked them who they were supporting.  I suspect that Croatian supporters might have fallen in the ‘dual’ category had they not been drawn in Canada’s group.  Portuguese supporters that I’ve spoken with all seem to fall in the ‘dual’ group, so I wonder if they would have felt differently if they were drawn with Canada?

Well being a dual I too will be supporting 2 nations because I'm Canadian of course but I'm also Ghanaian so I get the sentiment 

6 hours ago, Cblake said:

Wilkes and Gavran are not first team players, they are both play for TFC II on MLS Next Pro contracts. 

Yes and many others as well such as Montgomery, Mullings & Tani but I've decided to keep them all on there anyways.

Edited by Corazon

Looks like National Training Centre is being considered by Vaughan. New stadium also included - possible use by CPL team?

Mayor Bevilacqua announced that the City of Vaughan and Canada Soccer are partnering to explore the feasibility of a National Training Centre that could include an outdoor field and stadium and an indoor training facility, administrative offices and support amenities. The proposed National Training Centre would be located at the City's 900-acre North Maple Regional Park (NMRP).

Dr. Bontis and Mayor Bevilacqua signed a memorandum of understanding "to advance our shared vision to create a high-performance facility that combines iconic architecture with functional excellence, which can serve as a national centre for soccer," Mayor Bevilacqua said.

The City is undertaking grading, servicing and environmental restoration at NMRP to prepare for future facilities, such as the proposed National Training Centre. The City will retain ownership of all lands.

Edited by red card

52 minutes ago, red card said:

Looks like National Training Centre is being considered by Vaughan. New stadium also included - possible use by CPL team?

Mayor Bevilacqua announced that the City of Vaughan and Canada Soccer are partnering to explore the feasibility of a National Training Centre that could include an outdoor field and stadium and an indoor training facility, administrative offices and support amenities. The proposed National Training Centre would be located at the City's 900-acre North Maple Regional Park (NMRP).

Dr. Bontis and Mayor Bevilacqua signed a memorandum of understanding "to advance our shared vision to create a high-performance facility that combines iconic architecture with functional excellence, which can serve as a national centre for soccer," Mayor Bevilacqua said.

The City is undertaking grading, servicing and environmental restoration at NMRP to prepare for future facilities, such as the proposed National Training Centre. The City will retain ownership of all lands.

Interesting.

The Ontario Soccer Center is already in Vaughan too.

This probably isn't good news for that Woodbine Proposal 

Edited by narduch

3 hours ago, red card said:

City of Vaughan is a Soccer City.

National Training Centre is another step to becoming a Soccer Nation.

Aim is to have it ready by 2026. 

Is this in competition with Woodbine or in addition to?

23 hours ago, Obinna said:

Is this in competition with Woodbine or in addition to?

Maybe some overlap. Canada teams train in Vaughan and then head to Woodbine for matches? Woodbine seems to positioning itself as a place where Canada youth teams, pro women's club & tier 2 matches can play + training for visiting teams.

Edited by red card

Holy…. Wheeler goes after the CSA interesting. I thought he was just a CSA mouth piece. Also I didn’t know the CSA doesn’t even have a General secretary. What happen to Peter Montopoli ? 

Edited by SpecialK

On 5/14/2022 at 5:28 PM, red card said:

An end-to end 36 minute look at Canada senior men history starting from 1880. Good for newer followers.

It's really well done, great watch for new fans and long time fans. Nice to see content about the time flooding the web more and more, shows the rise in popularity for this Country and the National team. 

30 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I wonder with Canada’s stock pile of young talented wingers, when are we gonna see Davies move back to LB. If we get Holmes and The rest of the CB core gets better maybe it makes sense to send him back. 

How do I say this nicely. Shut the %#^* up! 😅

It never makes sense to move our best attacker away from the final third. Until guys show that they are better than Davies it’ll make sense.

Plus everyone knows that Davies isn’t really a good defender. 

2 hours ago, Shway said:

How do I say this nicely. Shut the %#^* up! 😅

It never makes sense to move our best attacker away from the final third. Until guys show that they are better than Davies it’ll make sense.

Plus everyone knows that Davies isn’t really a good defender. 

I agree, he isn’t going anywhere until after the World Cup. But there are so many young wingers coming plus dual nationals. Plus our CBS need to be better before he moves, but if Holmes comes Hey …. We got something to talk about 

12 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I agree, he isn’t going anywhere until after the World Cup. But there are so many young wingers coming plus dual nationals. Plus our CBS need to be better before he moves, but if Holmes comes Hey …. We got something to talk about 

Real question. Who is Holmes?

21 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He's a 21 year old English CB that plays in the Championship (Reading?) that may be Canadian through a grandparent.

Thanks. Looks like yes, Reading. First name is Tom. He's 22 now.

I'd like to go on the record as saying even if we get this defender, I don't want Davies playing LB!