General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

I didn't want to open a thread for this question so I placed it here. I was watching Tactical Manager on his post game remarks and they had Manuel Veth from transfermarkt and Filippo and an American guest kept referring to Manuel Veth and a fourth guest as the Canadians. The fourth guest was obviously a Canuck - I've seen him in other podcasts - but Manuel Veth? That's my question. Is Manuel Veth a Canadian or were they just teasing him because he probably picked Canada to top the division at the start of the qualifying round?

Edited by Sal333

Looking ahead, if I'm Herdman and co. I try and put those cancelled youth/camp poutine training camps at the same time and in the same city as wherever we decide to play Jamaica, rent out two boxes and shove every dual national and every young Canadian we have in there to watch this team, the atmosphere, and the celebration to come

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

22 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Looking ahead, if I'm Herdman and co. I try and put those cancelled youth/camp poutine training camps at the same time and in the same city as wherever we decide to play Jamaica, rent out two boxes and shove every dual national and every young Canadian we have in there to watch this team, the atmosphere, and the celebration to come

This is my theory as well, just get them around the team with their fun personalities, positivity, and inclusivity, and they won't be able to say no.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:54 AM, Cblake said:

Great to see. A trio of Canucks named to the CONCACAF Team of the Week. Also got a laugh seeing Eriq Zavaleta named to it too ( :

No Americans or Mexicans. That warms my heart.

But is that 4 Salvadorans? Seems a bit over-represented for a team that lost 2 out of 3. Their only win was against Honduras, who are at the bottom of the table and lost all 3 of it's games and didn't score a single goal this window.

Is CONCACAF... trolling Mexico and the USA with this? I think the Canadians here are deserving, but it just seems a bit odd.

Just now, Kent said:

No Americans or Mexicans. That warms my heart.

But is that 4 Salvadorans? Seems a bit over-represented for a team that lost 2 out of 3. Their only win was against Honduras, who are at the bottom of the table and lost all 3 of it's games and didn't score a single goal this window.

Is CONCACAF... trolling Mexico and the USA with this? I think the Canadians here are deserving, but it just seems a bit odd.

For sure, as a TFC supporter I just laugh at anything to do with Eriq Zavaleta, especially when he gets an hour like this. (  : 

12 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I think the “worry about Suriname” from my end was more that 1) Suriname was unknown to me, but more importantly 2) our qualification for the Octo was all down to getting a result in a single game.  We are better than New Zealand but I would have had the same concern going into that game if Canada had of finished 4th.

fyp

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Now that we are so popular we need to grab a spot in the 2024 Copa America.

Especially if we are given an automatic spot in 2026

from what i have been reading,  there are already looking at a 12 or 16 team tournament and from what is saw Ecuador 2024 might include Canada and 5 other concacaf sides

Edited by Free kick

Updated stats for our players so far in the Ocho.

Player Team Age Starts Sub Appearance Unused Sub Minutes Goals  Assits
Alistair Johnston Montreal 23 9 2   837    
Richie Laryea Nottingham 26 9 1   814   2
Jonathan David  Lille 21 9 2   803 5 3
Tajon Buchanan Club Brugge 22 8 2   733 2 1
Stephen Eustaquio Porto 24 8 1   715   1
Sam Adekugbe Hatayspor 26 7 3 1 701 1  
Steven Vitoria Moreirense 34 7 1 1 683    
Kamal Miller Montreal 24 7 2 2 668   1
Alphonso Davies Bayern Munich 21 7     599 1 3
Jonathan Osorio Toronto 29 5 4 1 494 1  
Atiba Hutchinson Besiktas 38 5 2   462 2