Scott Kennedy

32 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

I think if he can stay healthy he’ll be in the Bundesliga in 1-2 years, he definitely is good enough it’s just about starting fit.

He looked well when he played against a Bundesliga club in the domestic cup. Like you said, just needs to stay healthy and he'll get there

37 minutes ago, Ansem said:

He looked well when he played against a Bundesliga club in the domestic cup. Like you said, just needs to stay healthy and he'll get there

The game which comes to mind was a few seasons ago against Werder Bremen. I recall him pocketing Josh Sargant on the day. 

29 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Just saw Scott Kennedy on OS saying that he couldn't continue but no injury. Just had to listen to his body

Great. Hope it was just a lack of conditioning given his lack of recent playing time/injuries with his club

25 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Just saw Scott Kennedy on OS saying that he couldn't continue but no injury. Just had to listen to his body

Yeah - he didn't really look injured since he wasn't favouring anything in particular - it looked more like he was experiencing a full body cramp from depleted electrolytes and 150 minutes of international soccer in three days (which was a bit more than the 9 minutes of soccer he'd had over the previous 60 days).

11 hours ago, Ansem said:

Great news. Was worried because it looked like he was favouring his knee a bit. The only thing holding him back at this point is his durability. 

13 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I was half listening while watching something else, he sounds like Eustaquio with kind of a French accent.  Linguistically speaking, I find that interesting, how his speech evolved..

I don’t know what he sounded like before going to Germany, but when I briefly lived there, I was surprised at the number of Canadians and American expats who settled there long term who developed a noticeable German accent when they spoke English. I had met a girl who moved to Berlin from Toronto about two years earlier, and she had a noticeable German accent in English. I’ve never seen it with any other country. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

He came on in the 89’ today in a 0-0 draw but the starting RB got a red and id assume he’ll be suspended so Kennedy will likely start at RB next game and hopefully get back into that starting lineup.

Last week he started because 2 weeks before Elvedi got his 5th yellow card so he wasn't an option.

So yeah, the same thing could happen again.

-------

There are 5 games left in the season but the next two will likely decide Jahn Regensburg's fate.

Jahn are 3rd last, just above Hansa and Sandhausen. They play Sandhausen next week and Hansa the week after. If they gift points to those teams, the Jahn will be in the relegation zone.

(Then the week after that, Hansa play Sandhausen!)

-------

Corbeanu's Arminia Bielefeld are sitting just above the Jahn, so they could be in trouble too.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Kennedy on the bench for Jahn Regensburg vs Sandhausen.

The Jahn lost and are now in the relegation zone. :(

Kennedy only played the last 11 minutes or so, right after the starting LB Guwara got a red card.

Next week's match againts Hansa will be massive. A win would bring them back out of the automatic relegation zone.

Kennedy is almost guaranteed to start because their leftback Guwara will be suspended and their rightback Saller will also be suspended.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Kennedy starting for Jahn v Hansa Rostock

Another loss for the Jahn. :(

Despite having more possession, more passes and greater pass accuracy the Jahn had 0 shots on target.

Of their last 3 games, 2 of them are against top 3 teams in the league; it's hard to see how they will avoid relegation now.

Like Hoilett, Kennedy is a free agent at the end of the season.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

The panic button has been pushed.

Jahn Regensburg's head coach got fired:

https://www.ssv-jahn.de/aktuelles/detail/ssv-jahn-stellt-chef-trainer-mersad-selimbegovic-frei

The team will now be coached by American Joe Enochs:

https://www.ssv-jahn.de/aktuelles/detail/joe-enochs-wird-neuer-chef-trainer-des-ssv-jahn

----

LB Guwara will be suspended for their upcoming game as well, so we shall see if Kennedy gets another start this weekend.

If they get relegated staying with JR shouldn't be an option considering they never offered him a contract renewal. His situation will be very interesting considering he can sign on a free and he's a Canadian international.