Stephen Eustaquio

When Canada qualifies and competes in Qatar, and Eustaquio stands out, you'll be sure he'll get a move then. I'm not worried about his career trajectory, its trending well, he is playing at a good level, and he is still young and will be a key piece come 2026 (future Captain perhaps?). Right now I'm most concerned with him getting playing time and staying in form.

8 hours ago, Lansdude said:

Seems dumb to sell him now. Hold on to him, avoid relegation, hopefully his stock rises more when Canada qualified for World Cup.

Pacos wages for the entire team is just over 2 million euro and steph is 440K of that.  If someone came with a 6 or 7 million dollar offer from him, you're talking about 3 years worth of club wages.  It would be pretty tough for a club owner to turn that down.  I think clubs low balled offers in summer and  Pacos' owner knew international football playing against Mexico and the US would help his stock rise so he held off, but a player is one injury away from having his stock plummet too. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 11:08 AM, DeRo_Is_King said:

Starting today vs Benfica. 

I haven't heard a single rumour or link for Stephen on a transfer.  Doesn't look like he's moving this window.  He'll be off on international duty on the 22nd.  You'd think with medicals something would have to be done before then.  I can't believe no one's chasing him.

1 hour ago, blueseeka said:

Watched a couple of Pacos games and he definitely seems to stick out more in the Canadian lineup than he does on his club team.

Maybe someone with a keener eye could chip in, but everytime I've watched him with Pacos it just seems like he's forced to play more defensive/bail his team out of a lot of situations whereas he has a bit more freedom to show his talent with the national team

I rewatched the Mexico away match yesterday. He was in a triangle with Laryea and Davies most of the match and they were collectively going toe-to-toe with the Mexican right side (until Adekugbe came on). Vitoria was bailing out Miller, although he was generally fine.

Just guessing, but I assume there are no similar players on Paco's when they play Benfica, Sporting, Braga, Porto. i.e. they don't have have all of a top LW, LB, and decent CB, LB/LCB combo. Makes a big difference.

2 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Watched a couple of Pacos games and he definitely seems to stick out more in the Canadian lineup than he does on his club team.

I'll say he's pretty reliant on having a midfield partner who can advance forward. He had Costa last year with Pacos and now he doesn't really have anyone. It's why Kaye/Osorio compliment him so perfectly with the NT.

Steph is technically a support player - but a very very good one.

1 minute ago, Edgewater17 said:

https://football-italia.net/sergio-oliviera-could-arrive-for-roma-tomorrow/

Could the possibility of this happening be the impetus of Porto finally considering paying that transfer fee for Eustaquio? Or does another player on Porto need to leave? 

Reading the Porto forums and their supporters seem to think the midfield is already congested enough even after this move. 

A good friend of mine, religiously follows the Portuguese League and so naturally we talk about Eustaquio.  He just sent me a text stating that Eustaquio could be on the move to FC Porto after all.

Apparently, Sergio Oliveira to AS Roma is done.  I have seen a few tweets floating around that FC Porto are still interested in bringing in Eustaquio.  Many tweets can be unreliable.  However, my friend informed me that he just heard it from CMTV Portuguese Soccer Channel.  Got to think the rumour has to have legs if its being reported on tv.

From a Mexico point of view: Tecatito may be heading to Sevilla.

Edited by Corazon

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Based on this I suppose 

I take a lot tweets with a grain of salt, which is why I added to my post that it was discussed on a Portuguese Soccer Channel today.  Check my post above again.

There are many tweets now going around.

Edited by Corazon

36 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I take a lot tweets with a grain of salt, which is why I added to my post that it was discussed on a Portuguese Soccer Channel today.  Check my post above again.

There are many tweets now going around.

The next tweet says the proposal will be a loan with an option to buy. Wonder how much the option will be because Pacos is only 3 points ahead of the relegation zone.

As a Porto fan i'm excited and concerned.

Segio leaving does open space but there are still other questions. Grujic is still out with injury and I'm not sure when he'll be back. Personally I don't rate him at all but I'm not sure if Porto staff feel the same.

Eustaquio most likely competition for a starting spot is against Uribe. Again, I personally do not rate Uribe, but his aggressive style is something our manager loves. Is he willing to bench him? I have no clue. He has done it in the past however, so we'll see. With our current form, I'm not so sure if he's prepared to change anything sadly.

Edited by Colliedor