Stephen Eustaquio

2 hours ago, king1010 said:

Not in the game day squad today. Anyone know the details?

Just saw that.  Not on the injury list.   If he is a healthy scratch things are definitely trending downward for him.  I love that he is at a big European club but if things don’t change he may want to start shopping around.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just saw that.  Not on the injury list.   If he is a healthy scratch things are definitely trending downward for him.  I love that he is at a big European club but if things don’t change he may want to start shopping around.  

They lost 2-1. Team is a mess and only 2 points up on 5th. 

Seems hes never recovered his spot after the dust up with the coach. Its not like he performed poorly when he played. 

Edited by king1010

As long as the manager remains I want Staq to start looking elsewhere.

From all I have read about him here he seems to not be a man you want to be on his bad side, and Stef is seemingly in the doghouse. Taremi has gotten the same treatment although I am not sure if that's down to the manager or the club being unhappy he's running down his contract.

Either way, enough is enough as far as I am concerned.

I think a switch to a mid-to-upper table team in La Liga or Serie A could be a nice lateral move. Somewhere like Napoli, Lazio, Roma, Fiorentina, Villarreal, Valencia, Sevilla, Real Betis....just naming clubs based on traditional level without consideration for where or how he'd fit in. Any player from Porto who is a starting level player should be able to switch to any of these clubs, in theory.

I've got a mate here who's actually from Sochaux, in France, but his mother's from Porto. So, like all of his maternal family, he supports FC Porto. I sent him a message a few days ago after the mid-week loss:

Me: Porto are a shambles. When is Conceicao getting sacked?

Charly: Too late to do anything now this season. He'll try to win the cup, which could help him. But, it'll also depend on the outcome of the Presidential elections at the end of the month. If Villas-Boas wins it, he'll be out for sure, as he will want a fresh start.

So, it looks like we're hoping for Andre Villas-Boas to win the Presidency of FC Porto. 

10 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I've got a mate here who's actually from Sochaux, in France, but his mother's from Porto. So, like all of his maternal family, he supports FC Porto. I sent him a message a few days ago after the mid-week loss:

Me: Porto are a shambles. When is Conceicao getting sacked?

Charly: Too late to do anything now this season. He'll try to win the cup, which could help him. But, it'll also depend on the outcome of the Presidential elections at the end of the month. If Villas-Boas wins it, he'll be out for sure, as he will want a fresh start.

So, it looks like we're hoping for Andre Villas-Boas to win the Presidency of FC Porto. 

Just a few weeks ago it was being said that Villas-Boas was also in favour of keeping Conceiçao, that both candidates wanted him, being a club legend. I actually posted this a ways back, when Conceiçao came up as a possible Xavi replacement at Barça.

Regardless, Steph is on contract and the formula of not playing him has actually gotten them worse results. They took Arsenal to penalties so it's hard to argue they were that bad. They'd just been lax in the league since the very start. 

If the coach is fired they'll rebuild in the summer, and if Staq is offered a loan he may consider it. But there's another thing: if he has a good Copa America, Porto's new manager may appreciate his worth. And so will potential clubs for loans.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 4/7/2024 at 2:33 PM, king1010 said:

Not in the game day squad today. Anyone know the details?

On 4/7/2024 at 10:12 PM, Stryker911 said:

instagram...pregnancy...due around this time.

Instagram official.

Baby was born on Monday, so she may have been on standby or in the hospital Sunday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5ltTsPIv4e/

Congrats Stephen and family! 👶

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Instagram official.

Baby was born on Monday, so she may have been on standby or in the hospital Sunday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5ltTsPIv4e/

Congrats Stephen and family! 👶

That's a real beautiful bab                                                                                                 y!😁

They host Guimaraes today in the Cup semis, first leg was 0-1. 

In related, Conceiçao has separated four players from training, Toni Martínez, Iván Jaime, the Mexican Jorge Sánchez and André Franco, saying it's not enough to have a contract. He's done that with players before. If they're in the doghouse Steph may play. With Porto elections in two weeks and Villas-Boas likely taking the presidency, it may be the coach's last weeks there. Pinto da Costa has run Porto for over 40 years, he's 87 years old.

I know he has been occupied with other very important things, but the timing of his break from the Porto lineup is unfortunate from a Coppa perspective. We have already seen from Tajon what a lack of playing time can do, so to have two of our (normally) starting 11 guys essentially not playing is way less than ideal.    

43 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know he has been occupied with other very important things, but the timing of his break from the Porto lineup is unfortunate from a Coppa perspective. We have already seen from Tajon what a lack of playing time can do, so to have two of our (normally) starting 11 guys essentially not playing is way less than ideal.    

I take comfort in the fact he looked more sharp (for Canada against T&T) than Tajon. However, if trends continue it'll be that much longer since he's been a 90 minute player for Porto. 

Hopefully he gets a copuple starts to round out the season. And for Tajon, hopefully he starts getting into games off the bench earlier. Probably the best we can hope for both, given recent history. 

Edited by Obinna
just to be more specific..