Stephen Eustaquio

1 hour ago, nolando said:

Maybe someone can translate because I don't get the meaning of this single line mentioning him in this Portuguese match report:

https://www.zerozero.pt/noticias/despertar-milionario/585159

Screenshot_20240217_192622_Chrome.jpg.31473916d30879f55bfa453266838912.jpg

Based on my very limited understanding of Spanish, and the fact that it's quite similar to Portuguese, it seems they are saying with the result, the dragons (Porto) remain in 3rd place on 48 points and Benfica are second on 52? The rest of that paragraph I don't understand.

Then in the next paragraph, they seem to be saying something about Otavio initially being in the starting 11, but then not? Then Zaidu was in the starting lineup, but was pulled after 32 minutes. Then it says something about Eustaquio which I really don't understand but possibly something about saving him (banco?)....they do have the CL against Arsenal next week...

Edit - I just cheated and put the last sentence into Google translate. Says note on Eustaquio that he wasn't even for the bank, which may just mean he simply wasn't amongst the substitutes. 

Edited by Obinna

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Based on my very limited understanding of Spanish, and the fact that it's quite similar to Portuguese, it seems they are saying with the result, the dragons (Porto) remain in 3rd place on 48 points and Benfica are second on 52? The rest of that paragraph I don't understand.

Then in the next paragraph, they seem to be saying something about Otavio initially being in the starting 11, but then not? Then Zaidu was in the starting lineup, but was pulled after 32 minutes. Then it says something about Eustaquio which I really don't understand but possibly something about saving him (banco?)....they do have the CL against Arsenal next week...

Edit - I just cheated and put the last sentence into Google translate. Says note on Eustaquio that he wasn't even for the bank, which may just mean he simply wasn't amongst the substitutes. 

Banco, banquillo, bench. Can't trust Google translate too much. 

All it says is they didn't even dress him, but without saying why. 

Came on at ‘90. 0-0 game. This match was in Porto, so may be tricky for them to get a result at A̶n̶f̶i̶e̶l̶d̶ and pull this one off. Unfortunately Porto didn’t have any CMs with champions league experience they could’ve included in their starting XI.

and they score in the very last minute!! Good things happen when you bring Steph onto the pitch 

Edited by InglewoodJack

Goal Porto....didn't see it...[link to it further down]

Still, it's irritating the coach believes so little in his team that he makes no subs until there's 10 m left, only makes three, and then Steph only comes on for a late injury. It's like Conceiçao is emptying his own roster of confidence.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Came on at ‘90. 0-0 game. This match was in Porto, so may be tricky for them to get a result at Anfield and pull this one off. Unfortunately Porto didn’t have any CMs with champions league experience they could’ve included in their starting XI.

and they score in the very last minute!! Good things happen when you bring Steph onto the pitch 

LOL good thing there is an edit button on this site 😆

Eustaquio actually made a very nice interception in the attacking half about 10 seconds before the goal, where he came back and dispossessed Declan Rice.  The Porto player who received the interception, lost it soon afterwards but Arsenal's clearance than ended up near halfway line which Porto defender played right back to Galeno who scored.

Edited by Corazon

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Came on at ‘90. 0-0 game. This match was in Porto, so may be tricky for them to get a result at Anfield and pull this one off. 

Impossible to get a result at Anfield in this round or even this competition,this year, I would say😉.  

But really glad they have something to take to the Emirates.

8 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Impossible to get a result at Anfield in this round or even this competition,this year, I would say😉.  

But really glad they have something to take to the Emirates.

Clearly meant Old Trafford, but I guess these are the gaffes you make when you rush to post after seeing one of our guys get called into the game, lol.

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Clearly meant Old Trafford, but I guess these are the gaffes you make when you rush to post after seeing one of our guys get called into the game, lol.

so which gaffe makes us want to rush to do what now? :)

• 2 weeks later...