Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

52 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Twitter as well.

Who knew you become a traitor once you attend a camp for the country you were born and raised in! 

The best are the comments where they’re saying: he’s coming to our camp as a courtesy or just outright denying he’s going and that we won’t win anything lol.

I don't see this article from Dec. 10 posted anywhere...https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/i-want-to-be-an-arsenal-legend-mexico-youth-star-flores/uhk7l450coex1abw0s8j89127

Flores says that the Mexican Futbol officials have been in touch with him and want him to keep working and that they are watching. 

My hunch is that this  Canadian camp helps push the envelope a bit,  with the aim of speeding up the process. Maybe he'll like what he sees, especially if Herdman pumps his tires a bit, which he is apt to do.

His sisters are footballers in London, btw, one with Arsenal and one with Chelsea.

21 minutes ago, nolando said:

I don't see this article from Dec. 10 posted anywhere...https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/i-want-to-be-an-arsenal-legend-mexico-youth-star-flores/uhk7l450coex1abw0s8j89127

Flores says that the Mexican Futbol officials have been in touch with him and want him to keep working and that they are watching. 

My hunch is that this  Canadian camp helps push the envelope a bit,  with the aim of speeding up the process. Maybe he'll like what he sees, especially if Herdman pumps his tires a bit, which he is apt to do.

His sisters are footballers in London, btw, one with Arsenal and one with Chelsea.

Another recent article on Spanish: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gq.com.mx/deportes/articulo/ruben-flores-hijos-fubtolistas%3famp

Not sure what to make of Marcelo's father, who seems to suggest he had the chance to coach Davies while he was in Canada (Where he was let go by K-W United for falsifying his resume), and whose LinkedIn says he did some Academy coaching at Ipswich. Colourful character, and obviously a football-crazy family.

I hope I'm wrong, but this feels like the father's getting his son to accept a date with an average looking girl in order to attract an even better looking girl in the future.

Really happy he has been called up. I think this is a situation where Herdman needs to be bold. If this kid is as good as they say he is, lets give him minutes and cap tie the shit out of him asap. Lets face it, the program depends heavily on us securing dual nationals if we want to level up. Sometimes they go bust like Busti, but we cant afford to mess around.

3 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

Really happy he has been called up. I think this is a situation where Herdman needs to be bold. If this kid is as good as they say he is, lets give him minutes and cap tie the shit out of him asap. Lets face it, the program depends heavily on us securing dual nationals if we want to level up. Sometimes they go bust like Busti, but we cant afford to mess around.

This isn’t a video game though. These players know when they get cap tied. You can’t just “cap tie” someone .. they either want to be or they don’t.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This isn’t a video game though. These players know when they get cap tied. You can’t just “cap tie” someone .. they either want to be or they don’t.

Thats true obviously, but we can justify giving the kid minutes before Mexico or England can. Most 17 year olds would jump at that chance. I also think it raises his profile at Arsenal if he is playing with Men at the international level. He clearly has interest in Canada. A lot of the time these situations are whoever calls you to the senior team first wins. My point is we need to be the ones offering him the cap tie first.

Yeah, that mister guy was banned, I think for bad mouthing the USA on literally (I literally mean literally) every comment he made. It was ridiculous. Like saying things like any human being with a Canadian passport is a better soccer player than any USMNT player. And he would say that out of nowhere in a match thread for Canada vs Belize.

The Tim Weah comment may seem far fetched because David starts over him at Lille, but if the nationalities were reversed no doubt we would be pointing to Weah’s higher goal total in much, much, fewer minutes played.

• JamboAl changed the title to Marcelo Flores