Liam Millar

Northvansteve

13 hours ago, Shway said:

These comments are for @spitfire approval? But even he didn't like it. It makes no sense to pit our guys against each other in this way.

Comparing is one thing, facetious comments like this is weird to me. 
For someone who analyzes and praises La Liga, I would say and anyone who's watched Liam play would say his style is more suited for Premier League...so why not ask that? 

I think his father can speak for himself, apart from the comment going way over your head.

Lol… I love these threads sometimes… 

He was linked with 2 la liga teams in the summer including Garada and Rayo.. but didn’t work out he ended up at Preston  

I’m very happy for all the great moves for fellow Canadians in the past few years. It’s really raising the profile of Canadian player which creates more better opportunities…

The most important thing here is to go somewhere that players play not just train and Theo is off to a great start. 

And about pitting one against each other All Liam can do is continue his great form and worry about how he is doing. Control the things he can control

great team will yesterday!!

Edited by spitfire

It's not about pitting, but spurring.

Spurs are sharp and pointy, I imagine they hurt, which is where some get confused.

I don't think anyone here has been as insistent (or confident) as I about Laryea taking a chance to get into the Forest squad, for example. Take the chance, and believe in your possibilities. 

Liam is having a strong year, and versatile outside players with technique and speed are not that common. Then he is on loan, maybe had an outside chance to move this last window, and will have to reconsider next (return to Basel, go on loan again, a sale).

I have no clue about his agents or what their scope is, but when the agent can move a bit, and can work on different strata, better. Theo's, for example, taking him to Germany, Switzerland, now Spain, seems to have some nous. Maybe these new moves by Canadians like Tajon, Theo, will also make others' moves easier.

I look at teams likely to promote to La Liga, like Espanyol, a major team in a good stadium with a strong budget, and what do they need? An attacker to open things up down a wing. But able to defend and meet the demands of top flight pace. In fact Mallorca has no one wide at all, and only minor contributions from the outside backs. I am not talking about teams in the top half of the table, but teams that are missing pieces. Could afford a transfer or loan. Could pay what a player like Liam might command. Will likely make a lot of roster moves when the time comes. 

Of all our NT squad, the players who could, if the stars aligned right, most reasonably find a place in a top four league, even if on a lower or even relegation threatened team, are David, Eustaquio, Millar, Kone, Laryea, Crepeau, Adekugbe. In that order, the latter with more ifs.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Great goal and good for Millar but that is one of the most embarrassing goalkeeping efforts I’ve ever seen.

It looks like it may have glanced off the defenders foot.  

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

First touch was class. Millar is underrated. He'll find his way in the EPL sooner than later if he remains in the English pyramid. 

Did any of us really doubt the day would come?  The guy always showed a lot of promise.  The stint in Scotland didn't really do him any favors.  I think his early and really young starts for CANMNT might have turned a few of us off, his stats didn't really scream success, but he was always the hardest worker, smart and quick.  He just wants it soo bad, theday had to come.  

I'm convinced we need to put our best LB at LB and let our best LW play LW.

12 minutes ago, costarg said:

Did any of us really doubt the day would come?  The guy always showed a lot of promise.  The stint in Scotland didn't really do him any favors.  I think his early and really young starts for CANMNT might have turned a few of us off, his stats didn't really scream success, but he was always the hardest worker, smart and quick.  He just wants it soo bad, theday had to come.  

I'm convinced we need to put our best LB at LB and let our best LW play LW.

I am not convinced but I think it’s worth an experiment especially if we played friendlies.  Maybe the same on the other side with Corbeanu and Buchanan.  But definitely not against Trinidad. 

18 minutes ago, An Observer said:

I am not convinced but I think it’s worth an experiment especially if we played friendlies.  Maybe the same on the other side with Corbeanu and Buchanan.  But definitely not against Trinidad. 

Naw. Maybe post 2026.
Because in 2024, and 2025 aka current future....those guys can't displace those two at those positions for me right now. I need more consistency from both of them (Corbeanu specifically) to justify that move.

It reminds me of me having to play defence for my Sunday league team (when I'm an attacker) because we are short on defence and IQ. I'm of the belief that you don't sacrifice offence at the sake of defence. 

.... However I will dispute what I'm saying by stating "what we haven't tried, we don't know what could work"

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Naw. Maybe post 2026.
Because in 2024, and 2025 aka current future....those guys can't displace those two at those positions for me right now. I need more consistency from both of them (Corbeanu specifically) to justify that move.

It reminds me of me having to play defence for my Sunday league team (when I'm an attacker) because we are short on defence and IQ. I'm of the belief that you don't sacrifice offence at the sake of defence. 

.... However I will dispute what I'm saying by stating "what we haven't tried, we don't know what could work"

This is why it is essential we qualify for the Copa and play way more friendlies, we have to find out what could work!