Cristián Gutiérrez

Vince193

22 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

Considering our LB situation now at the GC I think he would be very welcomed!

TFC should try and pluck him away from Colo-Colo.

Morrow and Morgan are not getting any younger and if he cannot win starting minutes from them, how much does he improve the left back situation for Canada?

However, if he comes and does well for a Canadian club, it may sway him over to our side!

Gutierrez has started 2 of the last 3 league games for Colo Colo as well as their latest Copa Chile match. Although he's been doing well, he was signed for injury cover, and it remains to be seen whether he'll be brought back as a more permanent solution for Colo Colo at left back. So far so good. Colo Colo is in second place in the league.  

Skill wise, I'd put him at or above Adekugbe.  Definitely above Morgan. Definitely worth a call up to see if he fits in. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2019 at 12:56 PM, BrennanFan said:

Gutierrez has started 2 of the last 3 league games for Colo Colo as well as their latest Copa Chile match. Although he's been doing well, he was signed for injury cover....

He has not been getting playing time recently; not even listed on the bench. It seems he has some kind of injury but I have been unable to find the details (my poor Spanish skills perhaps!).

Therefore not called to the Chile U23 evaluation squad taking place today and tomorrow:

http://www.anfp.cl/noticia/34023/prenomina-de-la-seleccion-chilena-sub-23-para-el-microciclo-del-19-y-20-de-agosto

They will confirm the squad that will be going to São Paulo in about 2 weeks for a friendly vs Brazil U23 in early September. 

Still injured. He is using NASA technology to recover (which means either he will be back on the pitch faster or they will soon launch him into space - not sure )

http://chile.as.com/chile/2019/08/19/futbol/1566249395_122693.html

Obviously not called to part 2 of the Chile U23 camp:

http://www.anfp.cl/noticia/34088/bernardo-redin-revelo-prenomina-de-la-roja-sub-23-para-un-nuevo-microciclo-en-pinto-duran

On 8/19/2019 at 11:33 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

They will confirm the squad that will be going to São Paulo in about 2 weeks for a friendly vs Brazil U23 in early September. 

Not surprisingly, not in the final 23-man U23 squad that is going to São Paulo to face Brazil U23.

http://www.anfp.cl/noticia/34141/nomina-de-la-seleccion-chilena-sub-23-para-el-amistoso-con-brasil-en-sao-paulo

• 1 month later...

Chile, Brazil, Argentina and the USA are planning a mini U23 prep tournament in Tenerife Spain during the November window.

We shall see if he gets the call for Chile this time.

It's not looking good though, he has either been glued to the bench for Colo Colo, or simply not in the 18 selected on gameday. 

I don't believe he has gotten minutes since Sept 7th....

18 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Chile, Brazil, Argentina and the USA are planning a mini U23 prep tournament in Tenerife Spain during the November window.

We shall see if he gets the call for Chile this time.

It's not looking good though, he has either been glued to the bench for Colo Colo, or simply not in the 18 selected on gameday. 

I don't believe he has gotten minutes since Sept 7th....

I see him as being a Fraser Aird type. Everyone will be super excited that he finally commits to us, but then he doesn't amount to a whole lot afterwards (not that he seems to be doing a lot now)

Recent history hasn't been kind to him but I wouldn't write him off just yet.  Colo Colo is a South American powerhouse and I'm sure that they do not just keep players on their squad for the sake of it.  Nor would they include them into their 18 man game day roster unless he is qualified to be there.

• 1 month later...

http://anfp.cl/noticia/34675/prenomina-de-la-roja-sub-23-para-nuevo-microciclo-con-miras-al-preolimpico

Not in the 27 players called for another Chile U-23 camp.

As others were saying in a other thread, he will also be released from Colo Colo at the end of the year.

The dude really needs to file his one-time switch and try to make the Canadian U23 team.

Is he even MLS level?

He must be at least CanPL level one would think...

A move to a club in Canada in 2020 one would hope.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

9 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

http://anfp.cl/noticia/34675/prenomina-de-la-roja-sub-23-para-nuevo-microciclo-con-miras-al-preolimpico

Not in the 27 players called for another Chile U-23 camp.

As others were saying in a other thread, he will also be released from Colo Colo at the end of the year.

The dude really needs to file his one-time switch and try to make the Canadian U23 team.

Is he even MLS level?

He must be at least CanPL level one would think...

A move to a club in Canada in 2020 one would hope.

Seems almost tailor-made for CPL.  Young pro player having trouble getting playing time and just released by his club - but still has a strong potential upside.  And plays in a position of need for the CMNT. 

He might as well be wearing a "CPL: Come and get me" sign. 

21 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Seems almost tailor-made for CPL.  Young pro player having trouble getting playing time and just released by his club - but still has a strong potential upside.  And plays in a position of need for the CMNT. 

This would be like a Petrasso signing, rather than a "tailor-made" signing IMO.  The player could clearly play at a higher level.. he's a 22 year old who has made 9 appearances (8 starts) this year for the biggest club in Chile.  

I think it could happen but only because his brother is already in CPL.  Otherwise, I would say the chances were slim/none.  

25 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Plus his twin brother plays for Winnipeg Valour!

I hope the CPL can grow with better signings but at the same time, Gutierrez seems to be at a level where he doesn't need to drop that low. I'm hoping he can move to Mexico or MLS a team where he'll get more minutes. Maybe being closer to home will help him commit.. Like a posted above me said, we don't really know how good he REALLY is. 

Plus the fact his identical twin brother is already in the CANPL and seemed to have had a solid season, should bolster the case for him to come over!!!... In fact, Valour originally tried brining both of the twins together, or so went the rumour!!!!... Will give us a chance to see what he is all about too!!!!

3 hours ago, TFC2017 said:

I'm hoping he can move to Mexico or MLS a team where he'll get more minutes. Maybe being closer to home will help him commit.. Like a posted above me said, we don't really know how good he REALLY is. 

That is my hope too.

He got plenty of playing time when he was playing to a more mid-table team in Chile. Colo-Colo just has too much depth; too many other players competing for the spot. He needs to move to a smaller team in Chile or perhaps a Canadian MLS team.

Not sure how he would do in Mexico, I'd be surprised if any team (in the first division) there gave him a chance.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Or CANPL..... Heck, I would venture to say TFC and overtake bloody Justin's Morrow spot at lb... Of course, this is very unlikely to happen, at least when he first arrives, let alone being signed by TFC and it's bloody American focused bias as nobody really knows what this kid can offer and quality he brings... I've seen very little of him (mostly Youtube clips), but he does seem to carry a little bit of that South American style/flair you would see from your average South American/Conmebol player....

Whether its Valour joining his identical twin brother or any other CANPL side, would be a good move and bode well for the CANPL.... CANPL should really strive for these types of singing, lol... I personally would like him to come to Forge, as it will give me the opportunity to see him up close, lol and see what he is all about... Another user once stated that this kid does have some game!!!... Just needs to go to a place where he can get regular playing time... As others have mentioned would address an area of need for us as well from a CANMNT perspective, but inexperience still lingers in the fullback roles!!!! 😕

We also have to consider Chile isn't, to put it lightly, the most stable right now. Especially Santiago. Were not even sure when the league will resume. Who knows how everything will play out down there. If he had opportunities to move i'm sure he will take them considering. I'm sure our boy Juan Cordova is also looking at a move as we know he was considering it previously 

• 4 weeks later...