Cristián Gutiérrez

Vince193

11 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I don't know why he would commit now as he's got a good shot at Chile and at the very least is eligible for the Olympic team in 2020.

His brother, his stock has fallen a bit , he's not playing for the two best teams in chile. Also chile has a lot of young talented players. 

He could play with his brother in the Olympics for Canada , with Davies, Millar and Larin and maybe Cristante 

1 hour ago, Blackjack15 said:

Is anyone else hoping for him to be called up vs El Salvador!? It would be pretty sweet seeing him finally commit to Canada 

40 + Appearances in Primera division, which is equivalent to MLS 

Former U20 Chile Youth International and formed at the biggest club in Chile; Colo-Colo

Zambrano has been very transparent about his Fiererra Christante recruiting effort. If Gutierrez is next in line than perhaps we would have heard something from Z?

34 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

That's very true but maybe nobody has asked Oz about him ? 

It could be the case! At any rate I hope he joins us. I think we have a good shot with Diego being in the program and him not being with a top Chilean team, as was mentioned.

From Juan's agent, Peter Raco, who has direct contact with Cristián. 

• There was contact between CSA/Cristian with help from Juan
  • All recognize the unique connection (his brother, Juan)
  • Cristián is not planning to accept a call up in the near future but is open to playing in the coming years.

I suspect he is still interest in trying for Chile, rightly so. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

What has happened to Cristián Gutiérrez? Since Huachipato's season started, he has only made the bench twice, and has not played a single minute. No mention of injury.

On 3/12/2015 at 11:19 AM, BrennanFan said:

as soon as the weight of the world crushes his dreams, like it has done to so many of us, Canada will be there with open arms

Has his career imploded?

http://www.ogol.com.br/player_results.php?id=451139

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

39 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

What has happened to Cristián Gutiérrez? Since Huachipato's season started, he has only made the bench twice, and has not played a single minute. No mention of injury.

Has his career imploded?

http://www.ogol.com.br/player_results.php?id=451139

There have only been 6 games so far this season so I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions yet.

I really hope Herdman goes to Chile and convinces  him too switch and play for Canada. He’s a really skilled player. He would be a really nice addition to the Olympic team and the Senior team. Also maybe he could get a  career boost with a strong showing with Canada. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

On September 29, 2017 at 7:56 AM, hamiltonfan said:

From agent Peter Raco, who has direct contact with Cristián. 

• Cristián is not planning to accept a call up in the near future but is open to playing in the coming years.

I suspect he is still interest in trying for Chile, rightly so. 

^ Fast Forward 1 Year later ^

His club situation (7 Games played all of 2018 might have gotten him to fall down the charts for La Roja)

Edited by Blackjack15