Cristián Gutiérrez

Vince193

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

You forgot Godinho. 

There are lots of potential risers too. Chung has had a great season. If he gets a move up he might be in the conversation. If Alastair Johnston continues his early form he might play his way in. Also rumoured we were calling up Aviv Solomon last March, a LB that plays in the Israeli Premier League. Bassong looked promising, hopefully he lands somewhere soon. 

You're right, I forgot about some of those names. However Godinho has to be low on the RB depth chart now, especially with a guy like Jonhston getting adequate minutes at the same level as the guys ahead of him.

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

If Gutierrez and Cordova commit to us, then yes our fullback positions looked pretty solid and somewhat deep.

Cordova has already committed to us.

17 minutes ago, Shway said:

You're right, I forgot about some of those names. However Godinho has to be low on the RB depth chart now, especially with a guy like Jonhston getting adequate minutes at the same level as the guys ahead of him.

Cordova has already committed to us.

Right, I forgot he played for us already. He has only played friendlies though so he isn't capped yet correct? Not that I'd expect him to be switching or anything, just checking.

Edited by archer21

2 hours ago, Shway said:

so it's safe to safe that our fullback positions are good? 

RB: ZBG, Laryea, Cordova
LB: Adekugbe, Gutierrez, 

All in all, we have many options where we won't need to play Davies at LB. I pray Herdman sees the light.

Hasn't Herdman's perspective typically been - would you rather have Davies and Hoilett on the field? Or Davies and Adekugbe. He's seemed to optimize for putting your best 11 players out there period. 

1 minute ago, grigorio said:

Hasn't Herdman's perspective typically been - would you rather have Davies and Hoilett on the field? Or Davies and Adekugbe. He's seemed to optimize for putting your best 11 players out there period. 

I don't know what his perspective is. But I seen what worked when we beat the USA, which was Davies playing nearly as a supporting striker to David with free reign to do whatever. He was dangerous on the right side, cutting in on his left.

48 minutes ago, Shway said:

I don't know what his perspective is. But I seen what worked when we beat the USA, which was Davies playing nearly as a supporting striker to David with free reign to do whatever. He was dangerous on the right side, cutting in on his left.

To be fair it was only one game and Davies wasnt really experienced as a leftback. 

8 minutes ago, Shway said:

Pretty sure it would. But that rule change is only a suggestion AFAIK, nothing official yet - no?

Not that I know off but I'm confident that it will get ratified.

Back then I'd understand choosing Chile but now - I'm sure he'd gladly wear the shirt given the opportunity with 2026 coming up and playing with Davies and David

2 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

im aware, but i dont see andy robertson playing wing for scotland. 

Holy shït this is horrible comparison.

just because they play the same position doesn’t mean they have the same quality and attributes.  

Davies started his professional career playing left mid.

Bale went from lb to rw, because he was doing exactly what Davies is doing now except on a worst team.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Holy shït this is horrible comparison.

just because they play the same position doesn’t mean they have the same quality and attributes.  

Davies started his professional career playing left mid.

Bale went from lb to rw, because he was doing exactly what Davies is doing now except on a worst team.

yeah but davies wont be playing wing for bayern with sane, serge, coman at bayern. 

3 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

our defense sucks, why play by far our best defender at the wing when we have a lot of quality attackers? 

Best defender? He’s a quality player that happens to play LB for the worlds top club (arguably). He would be our most quality player on the backline without a doubt but I’m not sure about actually being the best defender by definition. 

You’ll recall he looked very average playing LB for Canada against the US. I’m still not convinced LB is his best position, it’s just the best position for him at Bayern currently.