Ballou Tabla

shermanator

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Vorobiev also made it clear what he thought of the bid from the US, Mexico and Canada. “Objectively, the three candidate countries are weak in football, we all know the American, Mexican and Canadian football,” he said. “[It is] not real football.”

LMAO.. a Russian dissing American and Mexican football that's hilarious, I must have missed the last time Russia was relevant in football.  

They send teams in Champions league and Europa who can actually compete...soooooo

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

They send teams in Champions league and Europa who can actually compete...soooooo

Compete in what? Oh right, you mean the competition US and Mexican teams aren’t in? Oh okay. 

Russians are the China of UEFA sorry if that offends people but it’s true.  Russia has been horrible in Internstional competitions for a while.. so they beat Netherlands in 08 and rooted in 2016? REAL FOOTBALL,

russia is not even in the same tier as the USA or Mexico, for anyone to not realize that is comical.

Edited by Keegan

5 hours ago, Keegan said:

Vorobiev also made it clear what he thought of the bid from the US, Mexico and Canada. “Objectively, the three candidate countries are weak in football, we all know the American, Mexican and Canadian football,” he said. “[It is] not real football.”

LMAO.. a Russian dissing American and Mexican football that's hilarious, I must have missed the last time Russia was relevant in football.  

Russia is bloody crap in football...Nvminding Fifa ranking they ain't more skilled than any of the North Anerican FAs and likewise their league...At best similar level, but I personally don't believe so! 

35 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

But . . . but they're European.  They have to be better than us upstart North Americans right?  Isn't that the rule?

Who gives a fuck they're European, unless you are being sarcastic.... Quality/Skill talks and compared to the heavyweight UEFA FAs, not even closed as far as I'm concerned skill/quality wise... Prolly similar level at best, slightly below Concacaf heavgweights... VOROBIEV IS a complete douchebage and doesn't know shut of what he is talking about...Bloody got the WC through bribing just like Qatar did I'm pretty sure or at least that is the suspicion

10 hours ago, Ansem said:

The CSA was prepared for a 32 team tournament. When it got expanded to 48, they weren't prepared for that.

Next time around, we'll have a league with hopefully 2 divisions or 3 which means more soccer infrastructure that will enable us to bid solo next time even if the Americans wants in again.

As much as I believe this was our time and would love to see Canada get what they deserve after hosting all types of FIFA tournaments do I feel this country’s officials and elites would back it up??? Not really. Look what just happened with Vancouver at the last minute. I’m not saying we have to spend exuberant amount  of cash but I’m sure you’d get a bunch of penny pinchers or anti soccer types bash the idea just over the “cost”. 

4 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

As much as I believe this was our time and would love to see Canada get what they deserve after hosting all types of FIFA tournaments do I feel this country’s officials and elites would back it up??? Not really. Look what just happened with Vancouver at the last minute. I’m not saying we have to spend exuberant amount  of cash but I’m sure you’d get a bunch of penny pinchers or anti soccer types bash the idea just over the “cost”. 

not to mention that Canada as a whole probably wouldn't be willing to cede the type of power and oversee the type of corruption FIFA requires to own the bid. I have a feeling if Canada was going alone, once that vancouver document leaked there would've been public pressure to bail out entirely.

7 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

2 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

not to mention that Canada as a whole probably wouldn't be willing to cede the type of power and oversee the type of corruption FIFA requires to own the bid. I have a feeling if Canada was going alone, once that vancouver document leaked there would've been public pressure to bail out entirely.

There's a huge difference at hosting solo and ending up organizing 2 or 3 games.

A stadium getting up to 10 games or 2 games means that you still have to rip the turf up to put natural grass and put it back. 

Governments that make that kind of risk assessment and potential revenues/expanse/long term benefits for 2-3 games is borderline insanity. 

For 2-3 games, where you aren't even keeping all those visitors in those cities, who won't keep spending/paying taxes and contribute to the economy past those 2-3 games versus all the hoops FIFA is asking you to jump through is a hell of a tough ask. 

At least for Olympic games and solo FIFA tournaments, you tend to keep all those visitors around for several weeks which can justify such an investment... but 2-3 games? I'm not surprised at all.

So why Ontario and Quebec puts up with it? I guarantee you that both government doesn't think it makes much financial sense either but BMO field isn't provincial owned like BC Place and Commonwealth Stadium. As for Quebec, they will never pass the chance to project Montreal as a world class city, Olympic Stadium was getting a complete rehaul anyways and is almost never used...not the same with BC and Alberta.

At the minute I saw the 60-10-10 game distribution, I knew that be a hard sell to some governments.

However, a 48 team tournament played across 14 stadiums like Morocco is proposing means more games per venues and higher return on the economy for local and provincial governments, hence, supporting a solo world cup makes more sense than just 2-3 games

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Well i do remember JDG almost promising his brother was coming to canada....and he was wrong.   

Leduc has been in the media for the past 8 years. I don't think that he would tweet that if he didn't have any sources.  And you'Re comparing JDG who said that his brother was going to play for us if we made the Hex. Then that game happened, so he wasn't wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

I hope that somebody gets a hold of Herdman and asks him to explain the latest CSA perspective on Tabla. Anybody here have a way to chat with  the CMNT gaffer?

Explain what?

”We asked Ballou to come play with Canada a whole bunch times, every time he said no.”

7 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

I hope that somebody gets a hold of Herdman and asks him to explain the latest CSA perspective on Tabla. Anybody here have a way to chat with  the CMNT gaffer?

I'm sure it would be something like: "Players who are in our program our commited to our program. He was called on multiple occasion and declined every time in the past 18 months."  

13 minutes ago, Bikerack said:

For me, Tabla has been gone since he declined to play for our U20’s, even though it wouldn’t effect/cap tie him in the future . This was inevitable 

Absolutely correct.  Anyone holding out hope after his initial wavering and declining of caps hasn't been following Canadian soccer long enough.  Lets move along folks, nothing to see here.