Ballou Tabla

shermanator

26 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Canucks Abroad reporting that the Ivory Coast want him for their first team.

See they have made their intentions known which is exactly what I'm saying because they courted him just as much as Canada did but Canada should have been more vigilant in their pursuit

34 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Canucks Abroad reporting that the Ivory Coast want him for their first team.

I wouldn't say wanted. Someone wrote an article about players to look for and they mentioned the 2 players in the article. It's also said at the end. Will they make the national team? Only their performances and their state of mind will say if it will happen.

4 hours ago, Tg11 said:

See they have made their intentions known which is exactly what I'm saying because they courted him just as much as Canada did but Canada should have been more vigilant in their pursuit

"Should have been more vigilant" ... okay, how exactly? Or do you just write stuff for the sake of writing stuff?

39 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He trained with the first team today, along with others from the B team

I would really prefer not to lose him for Canada.

At this point it is inevitable that he will play for Ivory Coast if they want him for their national team so don't be surprised when they call him. I am calling it now in the next few months to a year Tabla will officially be an Ivory Coast international I'm calling it.

43 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

At this point it is inevitable that he will play for Ivory Coast if they want him for their national team so don't be surprised when they call him. I am calling it now in the next few months to a year Tabla will officially be an Ivory Coast international I'm calling it.

damn homie are you a psychic or just a pure genius??

i never would have guessed that

we are not worthy 

You can act sarcastic all you want but I am giving my honest prediction and it may be a bold statement to you but what are the CSA doing to cap Tabla? What are Canada even doing to make sure he becomes a Canadian international? I won't just say it boldly I will guarandamntee it that he will not play for Canada and will play for the Elephants of Ivory Coast

20 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

You can act sarcastic all you want but I am giving my honest prediction and it may be a bold statement to you but what are the CSA doing to cap Tabla? What are Canada even doing to make sure he becomes a Canadian international? I won't just say it boldly I will guarandamntee it that he will not play for Canada and will play for the Elephants of Ivory Coast

CSA are calling him up clearly at each friendly since he played for the Impact. They called him for Toulon. Both Herdman and Zambrano have talk publicly about wanting him to join the MNT. You make your « bold » statement but if you think that the CSA aren’t doing anything, you are clearly ignorant on the situation.

I seriously doubt the advice he'll get from the club or his agent is to lose league games, and training with the 1st team during international breaks, to be part of meaningless international friendlies. In fact, what may happen is that the club prefer him to be in a Canada loop as that is more manageable than some of the scheduling in Africa. 
Just saying, you cannot make lame predictions, and I doubt he'll rush into a decision he later may not feel sure about. So the easiest thing to do is wait. And keep trying to lure him to Canada.

30 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I seriously doubt the advice he'll get from the club or his agent is to lose league games, and training with the 1st team during international breaks, to be part of meaningless international friendlies. In fact, what may happen is that the club prefer him to be in a Canada loop as that is more manageable than some of the scheduling in Africa. 
Just saying, you cannot make lame predictions, and I doubt he'll rush into a decision he later may not feel sure about. So the easiest thing to do is wait. And keep trying to lure him to Canada.

Yeah but come on trying to lure him to Canada I mean even that is a losing battle especially at this point and also Ivory Coast actually has a better team than Canada at the moment especially if you look at their talent and compare it to Canada's, so why wouldn't Ballou as a player want to play for a national team who actually is superior to Canada? Plus his game/style of play translates so much better with the African game.

6 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Yeah but come on trying to lure him to Canada I mean even that is a losing battle especially at this point and also Ivory Coast actually has a better team than Canada at the moment especially if you look at their talent and compare it to Canada's, so why wouldn't Ballou as a player want to play for a national team who actually is superior to Canada? Plus his game/style of play translates so much better with the African game.

So you questioned earlier whether the CSA has tried hard enough to get him to commit to Canada but at the same time, the way you put it, why would the CSA even bother because the Cote d'Ivoire are so much superior than us?  So you just want the CSA to waste their time then??? 

2 hours ago, Tg11 said:

Hot take.

9 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So you questioned earlier whether the CSA has tried hard enough to get him to commit to Canada but at the same time, the way you put it, why would the CSA even bother because the Cote d'Ivoire are so much superior than us?  So you just want the CSA to waste their time then??? 

At this point Cote d'Ivoire talent wise and rankings wise are superior so why wouldn't Ballou want to play for them especially if he has Ivorian roots. So no the CSA shouldn't waste their time especially if you all say he has been turning down Canada call ups and if that is true then you all are setting yourselves up to be disappointed especially if they hand him his first call up which will no doubt inevitably happen.

If Ivory Coast can somehow get this done and Ballou for sure jumps ship to Ivory Coast he gets to play for not only one of the greatest African teams in the world but he gets to learn from and develop under the system of Marc Wilmots, one of the most iconic managers in Africa right now who just happens to be Ivory Coast's coach...

...am I doing this right?

On 7/22/2018 at 3:43 PM, ESG Shawn said:

If Ivory Coast can somehow get this done and Ballou for sure jumps ship to Ivory Coast he gets to play for not only one of the greatest African teams in the world but he gets to learn from and develop under the system of Marc Wilmots, one of the most iconic managers in Africa right now who just happens to be Ivory Coast's coach...

...am I doing this right?

One of the greatest African teams in the world? Don’t know about that. Ivory Coast are 68th in the FIFA ranking.

2 hours ago, Grandbloke said:

One of the greatest African teams in the world? Don’t know about that. Ivory Coast are 68th in the FIFA ranking.

My tongue was planted firmly in cheek for the entire post. Go have a read of the last few pages of Davies thread and you'll know what I was getting at.

Anyways, back on topic. Interesting that Ballou is in the Barca pre season squad, I'd like to see him get some significant minutes.