Ballou Tabla

shermanator

9 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Yeah well if you put him alongside Davies, Piette, Arfield within that midfield it obviously would be very formidable especially within CONCACAF but then again what is the CSA really doing to reach out to him anyway as of late? Yeah just goes to show just how much they really want him to play for Canada, right?

Why would you assume they have done nothing?

39 minutes ago, admin said:

Why would you assume they have done nothing?

Well think about it realistically but if there was any moves to get him to commit fully to Canada don't you think they would have announced it already via press conference or it would have been highly publicized via social media

5 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Well think about it realistically but if there was any moves to get him to commit fully to Canada don't you think they would have announced it already via press conference or it would have been highly publicized via social media

That is the kind of thing you announce when it's successful, not when you take him out for dinner on the Ramblas....

You don't announce background moves to the public.  I assure you they work on these things.  

19 minutes ago, admin said:

That is the kind of thing you announce when it's successful, not when you take him out for dinner on the Ramblas....

You don't announce background moves to the public.  I assure you they work on these things.  

Yeah I know that but what I'm saying is that they need to be proactive in their pursuit of Tabla but I am sure they are without question. However, most importantly by getting him to commit to Canada fully and doing it now before Cote d'Ivoire/Ivory Coast does shows more initiative. I have no doubt when you say they work on these things because that I can actually agree with you on but where we differ I guess is probably the approach to get him to commit.

10 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Yeah I know that but what I'm saying is that they need to be proactive in their pursuit of Tabla but I am sure they are without question. However, most importantly by getting him to commit to Canada fully and doing it now before Cote d'Ivoire/Ivory Coast does shows more initiative. I have no doubt when you say they work on these things because that I can actually agree with you on but where we differ I guess is probably the approach to get him to commit.

And which approach do you disagree with?  As far as I can tell nothing has been made public

1 minute ago, Weng said:

And which approach do you disagree with?  As far as I can tell nothing has been made public

The approach I guess of staying so secretive/mysterious when it comes to players that you take an interest in rather than just showing how much you are interested in them and want them to commit to this country but that's neither here nor there. I guess I just want to see more done on Canada's part to bring Tabla into the fold now really is that too much to ask on the CSA's part?

16 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

The approach I guess of staying so secretive/mysterious when it comes to players that you take an interest in rather than just showing how much you are interested in them and want them to commit to this country but that's neither here nor there. I guess I just want to see more done on Canada's part to bring Tabla into the fold now really is that too much to ask on the CSA's part?

But maybe the CSA is taking the approach of doing things privately. Not everything needs a minute by minute update on twitter. If it gets done, it gets done.

1 hour ago, Tg11 said:

Classic Tg11 ? 

2 hours ago, Strait Red said:

But maybe the CSA is taking the approach of doing things privately. Not everything needs a minute by minute update on twitter. If it gets done, it gets done.

You mean don't go public and have the press blow it up, chew him out when he doesn't immediately commit and pressure him further away? Crazy.

I can guarantee Ballou knows exactly how much the CSA wants him part of the set up.

2 hours ago, Bikerack said:

Do you think he would do his one time switch for Ivory Coast just for a friendly?

also how long does a one time switch take to process? 

Seems like when we are waiting for a guy to switch to us, it take a year or so.  ?

Ballou started training with Barça B yesterday. Right now they just have 20 guys on the roster, we'll see if they call up u-19 players if they are lacking numbers. 

I think in third tier Spain, which is still competitive but a long way from 2nd tier, he is going to tear things up. And I frankly will enjoy watching him more at that level. 

BTW, up to 7 of the B team will go to the USA tour, but I don't think Ballou will be one of them.

9 hours ago, Bikerack said:

Do you think he would do his one time switch for Ivory Coast just for a friendly?

also how long does a one time switch take to process? 

Nationality switches when it comes to FIFA could take up to a few months if the Federation of said country follows up with said player and follows up with FIFA with said player wanting to play for that country making their declaration known then yes it could take up to a few months. It could take a year tops but that is only maximum amount of time it takes but minimum it then takes up to a few months.

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

What, this one Chad_Impact posted on the last page? Or I am being wooshed here?

I saw the interview, that is what Herdman said. The tweet makes me more hopeful than hearing the words come out of his mouth. I got the sense it is very far from done. Watch this space I don't think alludes to something actually happening, more like if something happens you will find out in this space, which is rather obvious.

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I saw the interview, that is what Herdman said. The tweet makes me more hopeful than hearing the words come out of his mouth. I got the sense it is very far from done. Watch this space I don't think alludes to something actually happening, more like if something happens you will find out in this space, which is rather obvious.

So, not so much watch this space but...

hqdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, johnyb said:

He knows now that he is virtually Guaranteed a 2026 WC spot if he even lives up to half of his hype with us. No such Guarantee with Ivory Coast. That's gotta help sway him our way.

At the end of the day, and as much as I wish it was a patriotic decision, this is the best chance we have.  Given his age, trajectory, and our national team prospects, he would have about as close to a guarantee as he could have of playing in a WC with Canada.  With IC he may or may not be in the mix for their squad, and they may or may not make the WC (they are strong, but lots can happen in African qualification over 2 cycles).

Shit, I forgot I was ignoring this thread.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

At the end of the day, and as much as I wish it was a patriotic decision, this is the best chance we have.  Given his age, trajectory, and our national team prospects, he would have about as close to a guarantee as he could have of playing in a WC with Canada.  With IC he may or may not be in the mix for their squad, and they may or may not make the WC (they are strong, but lots can happen in African qualification over 2 cycles).

Shit, I forgot I was ignoring this thread.

Yeah a lot can happen in African qualification but at the same time if you add Tabla into the Ivory Coast squad they would be pretty good especially if he does live up to his hype/starts playing to his full potential then Ivory Coast in Africa they would be pretty formidable if you add him to their set-up. Now if he lives up to his hype and starts playing to his full potential playing for Barca B then if he ends up in their first team and he were to somehow choose Canada then add him into our mix we could definitely compete among CONCACAF's best especially if you add him to a set-up with Davies, Piette, Millar, Kaye, etc. pretty damn formidable I think.