Ballou Tabla

shermanator

23 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Is this guy Leduc usually informed and accurate?  He looks like a teenage in his twitter picture.  

He actually scored the first goal at Saputo but wasn't credited with it even though the ball crossed the goal line by a foot. Anybody else remember that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 6:12 PM, Blackdude said:
According to Leduc, Tabla will get his first cap for the Ivory Coast before the summer. 

Now here come people saying that the CSA didn't do their best job to convince him to play for us or that the CSA should have played this summer because of course he would have played for us if we played then. 

My question is, does September count as the summer? The senior Côte d'Ivoire team does not play until then.

Meanwhile Tabla was an unused sub for Barcelona B today.

In the past few days the Côte d'Ivoire U-20 team played Away&Home matches against Gabon U-20 to qualify for the 2019 CAF U-20 Cup of Nations. Côte d'Ivoire LOST on aggregate so their U-20 journey is over:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Africa_U-20_Cup_of_Nations_qualification#Second_round

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competitions/21theditiontotalu-20africacupofnations,niger2019/MatchDetails?MatchId=xt3jQNCDCSaNhg%2fKuj2mZYvAw%2bvMUoArLj1iTiBZfEOgFrf8ZCtPt%2fwB2rUdkeEZ

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competitions/21theditiontotalu-20africacupofnations,niger2019/MatchDetails?MatchId=%2fo0vk2aH9ZLap%2fDB7661oieRCajG8CJaX94oDf6QLR4osqGGK43IRWC6Rrg4W9Ao

Therefore, the only competitive U-20 games he can play, are if he sticks with Canada.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

My question is, does September count as the Summer? The senior Côte d'Ivoire team does not play until then.

Meanwhile Tabla was an unused sub for Barcelona B today.

In the past few days the Côte d'Ivoire U-20 team played Away&Home matches against Gabon U-20 to qualify for the 2019 CAF U-20 Cup of Nations. Côte d'Ivoire LOST on aggregate so their U-20 journey is over:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Africa_U-20_Cup_of_Nations_qualification#Second_round

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competitions/21theditiontotalu-20africacupofnations,niger2019/MatchDetails?MatchId=xt3jQNCDCSaNhg%2fKuj2mZYvAw%2bvMUoArLj1iTiBZfEOgFrf8ZCtPt%2fwB2rUdkeEZ

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competitions/21theditiontotalu-20africacupofnations,niger2019/MatchDetails?MatchId=%2fo0vk2aH9ZLap%2fDB7661oieRCajG8CJaX94oDf6QLR4osqGGK43IRWC6Rrg4W9Ao

Therefore, the only competitive U-20 games he can play, are if he sticks with Canada.

Wait the Cote D’Ivoire doesn’t play again until September?! What bullshit! Their FA is a joke! I hope their fans are ranting and raving about their lack of matches in what ever discussion board they use! 

4 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Wait the Cote D’Ivoire doesn’t play again until September?! What bullshit! Their FA is a joke! I hope their fans are ranting and raving about their lack of matches in what ever discussion board they use! 

Ya but at least they have been to 3 World Cups since 2006, we haven’t even made the Hex for how long now? But the CSA thinks a nation with such a great soccer history like us has the luxury of sitting idle while many countries around us play internationals , but I better shut the fuck up one can’t say anything negative about the CSA on a Canadian soccer forum , man what a bloody troll I am ?.

5 hours ago, 1996 said:

Ya but at least they have been to 3 World Cups since 2006, we haven’t even made the Hex for how long now? But the CSA thinks a nation with such a great soccer history like us has the luxury of sitting idle while many countries around us play internationals , but I better shut the fuck up one can’t say anything negative about the CSA on a Canadian soccer forum , man what a bloody troll I am ?.

How have they been to three World Cups since 2006 if they don’t play 2 games in every FIFA window?!

1 minute ago, BuzzAndSting said:

How have they been to three World Cups since 2006 if they don’t play 2 games in every FIFA window?!

I know you’re just making fun of people on this forum but it’s more important Canada plays at least one game every couple of international breaks because we don’t have talent in all the top leagues across the world so we need a lot better chemistry then say the Ivory Coast or Nigeria if we want to qualify.

1 minute ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I know you’re just making fun of people on this forum but it’s more important Canada plays at least one game every couple of international breaks because we don’t have talent in all the top leagues across the world so we need a lot better chemistry then say the Ivory Coast or Nigeria if we want to qualify.

I understand, and yes, I was just poking fun. I want us to play more games for sure! I don’t think 2 games every window is realistic but I’d love at least one, even if it’s against shittier CONCACAF teams.

• 1 month later...

The recent appointment of Eric Abidal as our sporting director at Barça, which I am pleased with, is going to help Ballou's chances at the club, I think the French connections are good for him. He has not been part of any rumour to leave from what I've seen either: stay in 2B with Barça B and hope for chances at the first team. 

Hopefully being in third tier, even though at this club, will take him off the Ivory Coast radar a while. But of course: if it does not pan out for him it won't be Canada's loss.

4 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Or he can end up like Hanson Boakye... The life of football is never certain. 

The thing is, the cachet of these players is very high. The world's best teams are constantly poaching the Barça academy, and we lose players starting at around 15 years old. Sergi Gómez at 17 was just bought by Dortmund for 3 million, Jordi Mboula at 18 went for the same price to Monaco. Others get offered way more than Barça wants to pay their youth: we pay less with the promise of being a club that really does promote youth to the first team.

All I am saying is this: yes, you can slip and the curve can stall, and you can end up in a lower tier making a modest pro salary, it happens all the time. But you can also free transfer into an "equally" strong club, and if you do that, you are signing for 3-4 years and that would take Ballou to 24 years old.

Well if he has declined to play for Canada over and over then yeah it just may be time to move on. I am sure there are a lot of young Canadian prospects who can fill that void.

3 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Well if he has declined to play for Canada over and over then yeah it just may be time to move on. I am sure there are a lot of young Canadian prospects who can fill that void.

No. We should absolutely not stop pursuing him. 

We have a WC here now. It must change the math.

50 minutes ago, admin said:

No. We should absolutely not stop pursuing him. 

We have a WC here now. It must change the math.

Yeah but if he keeps turning us down then what do you suggest? I mean he is that insistent on playing for Cote d'Ivoire. Yes we are hosting it here now well co-hosting but yeah will that be enough to change his mind? Probably. However, if Cote d'Ivoire keep pursuing him then he might just jump at the chance to play for them.

10 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Yeah but if he keeps turning us down then what do you suggest? I mean he is that insistent on playing for Cote d'Ivoire. Yes we are hosting it here now well co-hosting but yeah will that be enough to change his mind? Probably. However, if Cote d'Ivoire keep pursuing him then he might just jump at the chance to play for them.

4 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

He suggests to keep pursuing him, he just said that in his post you quoted.  Yipes, you are talking in circles TG11, try reading the posts you repsond to.  He hasnt committed either way, all of this is heresay and rumor and people trying to discern his intent from a social media feed.  He might, he might not.....either way until he has been cap tied its in our interest to reach out to him and keep inviting him to camps etc.  What does it hurt??  There is no news here, he is a talented player, we could use him in our pool, he will decide what he wants to do and there is very little we can do about it but wait.  

I will say this he would be an asset for Canada should he choose Canada. I mean he obviously has talent that goes without saying and Canada recognizes that but also I am sure Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) they are also paying attention to him too. Pretty much at this point it will pretty much be a case of him making that final decision.

2 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

I will say this he would be an asset for Canada should he choose Canada. I mean he obviously has talent that goes without saying and Canada recognizes that but also I am sure Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) they are also paying attention to him too. Pretty much at this point it will pretty much be a case of him making that final decision.

Finally someone agrees with me!