Ballou Tabla

shermanator

10 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Some media are reporting he may start this afternoon away to Lugo. They've only called up 16 field players and have attackers injured.

He ended up coming on later than expected, as Barça got the goal they needed to win before he was subbed on, and the coach chose to hang on rather than attack. On m. 91 for 4 minutes, nothing to report.

12 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He ended up coming on later than expected, as Barça got the goal they needed to win before he was subbed on, and the coach chose to hang on rather than attack. On m. 91 for 4 minutes, nothing to report.

Are those his first Segunda División minutes? If so, congrats to Tabla. That's a pretty high level of play. Great for a Canadian.

So he plays a role but is a bit isolated, for me he's still figuring out what to do.  He's unsure positionally and tends to leave the wing early to get chances,  and in fact had three: 2 blocked in close and one shot over after moving to his left foot across the goal. Defending properly tracking back. I don't think he has the midfield skills beside equally young players like Aleñà who's a star. They played 17 year old Riquí Puig who looks 13. So for me he's an attacking option and considering that he replaced a defender that is good he got minutes after playing in Paris 4 days ago.

I quite dislike Barça B will go if I can but doubt it's every home game. For me they're badly coached and frustrating to watch. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Did they get along? Who did Tabla think it was at the club holding him back from a transfer last summer?

I think BTs beef was more w the front office: Braz and NDS, which should be water under the bridge considering where he’s at now. I don’t think he had issue w Biello. 

Anyways even if it won’t amount to much it doesn’t hurt to have Biello there as a link, to talk w him every now and then, get a feeler. I think that’s one of Mauro’s strengths is that he seems to be a good guy that gets along well w his players. You can also look at it on the flip side - BT realizes MB is not at a high coaching standard that he’s around now and may see it as a turn off. I think that is what partially contributed to IMFCs struggles last season was MB and his coaching team’s experience as shown by their inability to defend set pieces and crosses. 

41 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

I think BTs beef was more w the front office: Braz and NDS, which should be water under the bridge considering where he’s at now. I don’t think he had issue w Biello. 

Anyways even if it won’t amount to much it doesn’t hurt to have Biello there as a link, to talk w him every now and then, get a feeler. I think that’s one of Mauro’s strengths is that he seems to be a good guy that gets along well w his players. You can also look at it on the flip side - BT realizes MB is not at a high coaching standard that he’s around now and may see it as a turn off. I think that is what partially contributed to IMFCs struggles last season was MB and his coaching team’s experience as shown by their inability to defend set pieces and crosses. 

Good points but very few places in the world have the coaching standard that Barcalona has, so from that perspective it may not be that much of a negative. It's unlikely that whoever IC has on staff is of similar level to Barcalona anyways - at least as far as the first team goes.

On top of all of that, I don't think the level of coaching will play much of a factor in his choice.

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I almost spit my coffee all over the computer!!  i thought it was Canada called him.....that would get me excited.  

Silly bison, you know the CSA media team would make more of a spectacle out of Ballou accepting the call. 

56 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I almost spit my coffee all over the computer!!  i thought it was Canada called him.....that would get me excited.  

I in fact got nervous once I saw this forum, but thought the opposite had happen...Was relieved it was only to Barça...Got my heart in my mouth for a sec, hahaha...Seriously we should call him up for this camp since the CANMNT will be down in Spain or at least invite him to be around the squad...His club situation/ambitions are falling into place now

35 minutes ago, toontownman said:

To balance it out, I thought Franx post/link was about Ivory Coast calling him up. 

Exactly what I thought for a sec...Had my heart in my mouth for a sec...See my post below...We should at least invite him to our camp and have him check out our squad, training regime, meet Herdman & his staff plus the rest of the CANMNTers that do get called up...I know Hoilett attended some camps on a no commitment basis when he was on the fringe.

10 hours ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

I in fact got nervous once I saw this forum, but thought the opposite had happen...Was relieved it was only to Barça...Got my heart in my mouth for a sec, hahaha...Seriously we should call him up for this camp since the CANMNT will be down in Spain or at least invite him to be around the squad...His club situation/ambitions are falling into place now

Of course they’ll call him up just as they have been for a year..

• 3 weeks later...

Nice interview. Sure he will get solid unbiased advice from Drogba!

While he is still open to Canada there is a chance but it seems more a case of Cristante than Hoilett or Tesho. Ivory Coast is a big step up in comparison to US or Jamaica. If he continues to improve and Ivory Coast come calling I can't believe he is going to say no. He is just hedging his bets.

Wouldn't hurt to get him to one of our camps though, if we had one! There wouldn't be any cap commitment, just to see our set up. Should we actually manage to get him to a camp I am sure The Siz can work his magic. If he hasn't had a call from the Ivory Coast by September it will be very interesting watching.

Edit: Have to add, the emergence of Davies, Millar addition of Wotherspoon and hopefully the continued rise of Edwards and Choiniere followed by Elva, Borges, Layrea etc. softens the blow. Also this potentially lets Ballou know he might not walk straight into our National team if he isn't committing. 

Edited by toontownman