Manjrekar James

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

If he is playing for a mid-table Danish team when the smoke settles, I think it will have been all worth it, but he has to play and soon. These are his prime years, he can’t waste them waiting for a club Of this magnitude to give him a chance.

This comes in translation so the nuance maybe off but there was the story near the transfer deadline.  His team said they had too many centre backs and wanted at least one of him and another guy to leave.  A journalist ask James directly about it.

Again translation but the response was a bit worrying, essentially - I have nowhere to go I will stay here.  Maybe it was just to get the reporter off his back, he was on the way to or from training, I think. Or he had tried and failed already.But it does not seem like he wanted to play that badly. 

I agree he needs to go, two of the players ahead of him are important veterans (one is captain) and the other is a young rising Danish player from the club's academy.  And the new coach has switched to 4 at the back instead of 3.  So one less centre back position.

This might be good news from a couple weeks ago 

"OB has reportedly been looking for new blood for the center defense, in the form of FC Midtjylland's Canadian stopper Manjrekar James"

https://ronaldo.com/dk/fodboldnyheder/medie-ob-var-ude-efter-midtjylland-stopper/

Though as it Google-translate poetically notes it is while before anything can happen.

"The transfer activities have been put on hold since the transfer window closed two weeks ago, but steam still occasionally escapes from the machinery"

2 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Pardon my ignorance in regards to MLS. 

He can't count as a domestic correct? Or only would count as a domestic on one of the 3 Canadian teams?

No way he wouldn't be a regular on some of those MLS teams. 

Correct (I believe 🤨 ). He would count as domestic for a Canadian team but as he didn't come through an MLS academy he wouldn't count as domestic for US teams. 

He would be a great pick up for any of those three though imo. I think it is too soon for CPL, worst case that is a better option than not playing in Denmark. I would imagine he has suitors in the league below but at 26 does he want to take that step back down? 

On 10/2/2019 at 11:19 AM, toontownman said:

Correct (I believe 🤨 ). He would count as domestic for a Canadian team but as he didn't come through an MLS academy he wouldn't count as domestic for US teams. 

He would be a great pick up for any of those three though imo. I think it is too soon for CPL, worst case that is a better option than not playing in Denmark. I would imagine he has suitors in the league below but at 26 does he want to take that step back down? 

I can see the overhyped headline on MLS now...."talented young CB plying his trade in Danish Superliga, multi year contract with Columbus today.  Terms were not disclosed as per league policy.  A veteran of the Hungarian leagues James is also a seasoned CDN international."   Except Mr Garber cant make a simple change to the domestic rule, as much as he complains that we have to "figure things out and work together" for CDN player development.  Why any CDN playing in europe would willingly get involved with MLS is beyond me.  

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

He couldn't crack a Danish First Divison lineup. I think MLS is too far of a step up

This time last year Cornelius was having trouble getting playing time in the Serbian second division.

James has not been too far below Henry during his CMNT tenure . I think he's got a shot at being one of the top three CBs on any of the Canadian MLS teams.

38 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

This time last year Cornelius was having trouble getting playing time in the Serbian second division.

James has not been too far below Henry during his CMNT tenure . I think he's got a shot at being one of the top three CBs on any of the Canadian MLS teams.

Difference being that James is 26 and Cornelius was 21. I never got all the hype over James. I would love to see him come to MLS and prove me wrong though

6 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Wait, the top Superliga team is worse than MLS teams? 

I don't know the comparative levels as I didn't follow the Superliga much after Hutchinson left. I would say they are probably similar levels at the very least. 

James played two games for the top Superliga team.

Jakovic played three games for the top MLS team...