Manjrekar James

Been watching his game amongst other things,  one way traffic against his defence for a lot of the half.  Playing as the right of three 3 CBs and has lot of passing responsibility there.  Gave it away at least once but got back and snuffed out the chance. 

They got a penalty and converted it right at the end though.

The funniest thing is watching the opposition manager, has throw himself on the ground at least once when a chance was blocked on the line. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

On 8/15/2019 at 11:18 PM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Shame they are out of Europe (even if it was against Arfield) reduces the games they have. The three CBs ahead of him seem locked in there pretty tight.  2 have been captains and the other is a young Danish guy who come up from their U19s. 

Every time he's come in there hasn't been a drop, so he's basically equal to them. He's just unlucky that they're healthy all the time!

James has been excluded from March; gold cup and now September (practically all of 2018)

Cant believe all the reporters from the media call with Herdman, none of them asked them this. He’s arguably our best CB that we have! Certainly top 2 with Henry. 

Very much crucial player, someone needs to get to the bottom of that 

32 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

James has been excluded from March; gold cup and now September (practically all of 2018)

Cant believe all the reporters from the media call with Herdman, none of them asked them this. He’s arguably our best CB that we have! Certainly top 2 with Henry. 

Very much crucial player, someone needs to get to the bottom of that 

I thought James should have been there, but I'm curious as to the evidence that he is the best, or even 2nd best CB in our pool?  Didn't play for anyone big in Hungary, loaned to 2nd level Denmark, struggling to make the 18 in top level Denmark.  He's had some good moments for Canada and some shaky moments and when I've watched him my thought is always 'promising'.  But he's 26 now and at some point he has to win regular minutes at a good club and build a solid run of performances.  At that point I'll really complain if he's not getting called, right now I'm puzzled but he certainly hasn't done anything to put himself head and shoulders above any defender who did get called.

59 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

I thought James should have been there, but I'm curious as to the evidence that he is the best, or even 2nd best CB in our pool?  Didn't play for anyone big in Hungary, loaned to 2nd level Denmark, struggling to make the 18 in top level Denmark.  He's had some good moments for Canada and some shaky moments and when I've watched him my thought is always 'promising'.  But he's 26 now and at some point he has to win regular minutes at a good club and build a solid run of performances.  At that point I'll really complain if he's not getting called, right now I'm puzzled but he certainly hasn't done anything to put himself head and shoulders above any defender who did get called.

He's on par with Doneil for me on the NT level..... And though he's getting regular minutes, he's not having a great season himself to be honest - but he's playing 🤷🏿‍♂️. James was getting games in Danish D1 on loan. Less we forget he struggling to break into a team that occasionally qualifies for the Champions league. 

He may just need a change of scenery, but he still should be in our team. Especialllllly over guys like Straith. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

He's on par with Doneil for me on the NT level..... And though he's getting regular minutes, he's not having a great season himself to be honest - but he's playing 🤷🏿‍♂️. James was getting games in Danish D1 on loan. Less we forget he struggling to break into a team that occasionally qualifies for the Champions league. 

He may just need a change of scenery, but he still should be in our team. Especialllllly over guys like Straith. 

As I mentioned, I think he should have been called.  Although Straith IMO has been as solid for Canada as James has, and is a more consistent if more limited player.  

As for Doneil, people treat this as if it's a choice between old guy Doneil and young promising James but Doneil is only 4 months older than James and injuries aside has had a more successful career and been more sought after.

All that changes quickly if James breaks through in Denmark obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw he was not in the 18 again for his club's game today and looked a bit and found he played in a first team-heavy reserve match in the week.

"FC Midtjylland had a number of first-team players. In addition to the mentioned goal scorers were Søren Reese, Manjrekar James, Paulinho and Junior Brumado."

https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/oplaeg-og-et-maal-marcondes-var-flyvende-i-uofficiel-fcm-debut

Probably should have left if he is interested in playing first team minutes. But who knows what his thoughts are.  

• 2 weeks later...

I think this may be a level too high for James. Think of Larin at Beşiktaş, but on a lower scale.

Midtjylland are not Beşiktaş, but they are one of the bigger Danish clubs. One that often qualifies for Europe. James was coming from a mid table team in Hungary, which to begin with is arguably a step lower than Denmark. Then, remember he went out on loan right away, signifying that James was a project from the get-go. He wasn’t coming in to fight for a place right away.

The Danish second tier is not very strong, weaker than Hungary’s top flight, no doubt. He impressed, but that was just doing what was expected of him.

I give Larin more of a chance to succeed at Beşiktaş than I give James at Midtjylland. I think he needs to leave in the next window, whether that is loan or permanently, doesn’t matter. He needs to play.

If he is playing for a mid-table Danish team when the smoke settles, I think it will have been all worth it, but he has to play and soon. These are his prime years, he can’t waste them waiting for a club Of this magnitude to give him a chance.

Edited by Obinna