Scott Arfield

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else think like me that Arfield could be a real game changer on Friday? Having him and Hutchinson together on the pitch could be something special. I'm always comparing us to the 07 gold cup team because I've never seen us play as good football as we did that tournament. We had a prime dero, gerba, hutch and jdg. Hoilett, Hutch, Arfield and Larin are equal or better than the above four were then. I'm so excited to see what Arfield can bring the Honduras who by the way, haven't seen him before. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Anybody else think like me that Arfield could be a real game changer on Friday? Having him and Hutchinson together on the pitch could be something special. I'm always comparing us to the 07 gold cup team because I've never seen us play as good football as we did that tournament. We had a prime dero, gerba, hutch and jdg. Hoilett, Hutch, Arfield and Larin are equal or better than the above four were then. I'm so excited to see what Arfield can bring the Honduras who by the way, haven't seen him before. 

Yes midfield should be much stronger....which is everything frankly

6 hours ago, Alex said:

I'm excited, but I think in your comparison 2007 is better than today:

Prime Dero = Hoilett

Prime Hutch > 2016 Hutch

Prime JDG > Arfield

Gerba > Larin (as of right now)

My opinion!

33 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I'm excited, but I think in your comparison 2007 is better than today:

Prime Dero = Hoilett

Prime Hutch > 2016 Hutch

Prime JDG > Arfield

Gerba > Larin (as of right now)

My opinion!

I agree with all of these except Hutch. In 2007 he was (mostly) playing out of position as a wide midfielder for Copenhagen. Now, he is playing in a more influential position on a better team in a better league. There is no sign, at least at club level, that age is taking a toll on his play.

Edited by jonovision

2 hours ago, jonovision said:

I agree with all of these except Hutch. In 2007 he was (mostly) playing out of position as a wide midfielder for Copenhagen. Now, he is playing in a more influential position on a better team in a better league. There is no sign, at least at club level, that age is taking a toll on his play.

Atiba was pretty bleh against Mexico.

• 1 month later...
On 22/10/2016 at 8:54 AM, Ngravs9 said:

Arfeild with the late goal to give Burnley the 2-1 win vs Everton!!

Every time he was near an Everton player with the ball, I was worried he was going to get his second yellow.  

Brilliant finish and man of the match.

Any chance Vokes' goal was a result of a through ball from Arfield rather than a "weak effort" on goal as stated by some Scottish announcer?

7 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

Every time he was near an Everton player with the ball, I was worried he was going to get his second yellow.  

Any chance Vokes' goal was a result of a through ball from Arfield rather than a "weak effort" on goal as stated by some Scottish announcer?

Not sure if I saw it right, but in one replay it looks like it hits a defender and that took some of the sting out of it. Also fooled the keeper a bit due to the deflection. 

Arfield's goal was really well taken. 

19 hours ago, SuperCanuck said:

On the first goal it was a nice run by Arfield that got his shot off but it was weak and I think it did have a deflection that made it look really weak. So he was a big part of getting the ball to the net.

• 4 weeks later...

How has his new teammates made him feel welcome? 

What is his early impressions on the association and Findlay?  (he'll obviously softball it but it could be neat to hear regardless) 

What was the process of wooing (appealing to him? Not sure on best word) like? 

Anything he's learned about playing in CONCACAF? 

... Maybe ask him about going to bat for Jimeau. Just saying ;)