Scott Arfield

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jpg75 said:

You're waiting almost 2 weeks to post an interview with a CMNT player because you think the MLS playoffs will affect the # of clicks you'll get??

no there's some debate about when to post it because once the mls season is done there's going to be less material and the editors want to spread out when stuff gets posted from dec-feb. i hope it's up sooner then the cup but we'll see

12 hours ago, jpg75 said:

You're waiting almost 2 weeks to post an interview with a CMNT player because you think the MLS playoffs will affect the # of clicks you'll get??

I think obviously he is waiting for the CPL announcement at halftime of the MLS Cup, and then the interview will break the news that Scott Arfield is the first official signing of the league.

14 minutes ago, Kent said:

I think obviously he is waiting for the CPL announcement at halftime of the MLS Cup, and then the interview will break the news that Scott Arfield is the first official signing of the league.

I can neither confirm nor deny this

9 hours ago, matty said:

no there's some debate about when to post it because once the mls season is done there's going to be less material and the editors want to spread out when stuff gets posted from dec-feb. i hope it's up sooner then the cup but we'll see

I see. Another way to look at it is the hype from the Canadian team in the Cup final might drive more traffic?

There should still be content available to produce in the MLS off-season, just focus on players who are still playing during that timeframe. Plus the possible MNT camp in January, MLS draft, possible CanCon changes in MLS...

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

I see. Another way to look at it is the hype from the Canadian team in the Cup final might drive more traffic?

There should still be content available to produce in the MLS off-season, just focus on players who are still playing during that timeframe. Plus the possible MNT camp in January, MLS draft, possible CanCon changes in MLS...

Since I last posted on this thread, I've been told it might be up Monday actually. They just need to edit the audio a bit.

Without doubt there is stuff to write about the editors are just sorting things out and trying to figure when to start posting special features.

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

So it's not a written interview like your previous ones? Arfield does have a very strong "Canadian" accent; it might be tough for us to undertand him! :lol:

I asked Burnley to pass it on via email they sent me him answering them via audio. I tried to transcribe but felt got worried i was mishearing him. At times he's crystal clear but there are a few moments.....

16 minutes ago, matty said:

I asked Burnley to pass it on via email they sent me him answering them via audio. I tried to transcribe but felt got worried i was mishearing him. At times he's crystal clear but there are a few moments.....

Aye laddie! Truly, however much audio editing you do, ye cannae make that good ol' Scottish accent Canadian! ;)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, matty said:

Since I last posted on this thread, I've been told it might be up Monday actually. They just need to edit the audio a bit.

Without doubt there is stuff to write about the editors are just sorting things out and trying to figure when to start posting special features.

Sorry for being ignorant but what is the website that you write for? want to check it out even if the interview is not up yet.

• 3 weeks later...