Scott Arfield

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

Arfield starting for Burnley today. Clearly his injury was not too serious

He only lasted 66 minutes. He's usually a 90-minute player in this Burnley side. Makes sense that a combination of having taken a knock in Vancouver and having traveled 10-12 hours each way, his contribution today was diminished. 

12 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Weird. Thought they just updated the team as per each call up. Surely Vitoria has been in past versions. Can't have been hard to add him.

They do that for some teams. Canada isn't one of them unfortunately. If they did we would have had Cavallini added to the game when he was called up for the Ghana friendly.

5 hours ago, Vince193 said:

They do that for some teams. Canada isn't one of them unfortunately. If they did we would have had Cavallini added to the game when he was called up for the Ghana friendly.

I thought they just updated all fifa qualified squads. Difference with Vitoria and Cavallini is the later has never been in the game. The former must have been as recent as last edition.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

The winning goal for Burnley's goal of the season

For me, the following Arfield goal this season was better (his brother Stuart Arfield narrates):

Stuart Arfield is really hilarious in a (somewhat vulgar) stereotypical Scottish way. I would buy that man a pint. Or a ticket with us in the Voyageurs' section if he came to Canada to see his brother.

Goal of the season plus he started every game this season. I think Canada will be having a BPL starter on their team next year!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's only fantasy football scout report, but this article talks about the possibility of Arfield moving into centre midfield with the introduction of Burnley's new signing, Icelandic international Johann Berg Gudmundssun 

"Boyd could shift over to the left flank, with Scott Arfield moving from the flank into central midfield alongside David Jones."

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2016/07/21/scout-report-johann-berg-gudmundsson/

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:31 PM, Blackdude said:

Rob Friend's daughters to #CanWNT is more important. 

He has two, both under 5, so a little ways off yet.

His son, on the other hand, is playing two age groups up at age 7.

His wife is American though....

16 minutes ago, Soro17 said:

He has two, both under 5, so a little ways off yet.

His son, on the other hand, is playing two age groups up at age 7.

His wife is American though....

Are you saying that this is the reason why he missed the semifinal against the Yanks? That she lured him into an honeymoon during the Gold Cup?

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Macksam said:

He's playing right now against Liverpool on Sportsnet 1. I was debating whether to watch this match or the Tottenham one. No question I'm watching this one now.

I was doing the same, of course I started with Spurs and missed the Burnley goal.

"The 19% of possession that the Clarets had is the lowest total by a winning side in the Premier League since Opta began recording the statistic in the 2003-04 season."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37067882

@Sam should find that stat of interest.

A top level player who knows what it's like to be almost always off the ball, yet help his team to a win should serve Canada well!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Part of me really hopes he plays Tuesday vs Accrington Stanley F.C (who are almost bottom of League 2 after another loss today). Accrington Stanley's stadium is only about 13km from Burnley's home ground so it promises to be a mismatch of a local derby. Their ground of 5000 should have plenty of Burnley fans Tuesday night. I could see Burnley with 81% possession instead of 19%.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille