CNL: Canada vs Honduras - Tuesday, March 28th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Toronto

21 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Argentina 7. Curaçao 0.Evidently we have a little way to go.

Plenty of other national teams would have loved a friendly vs Argentina, and they could only arrange for a Panama B team and Curacao of all teams?  Why not Morocco, Japan, or someone else from the world cup?

2 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

Midfield 3 was fantastic tonight. I think that was Kone's best game. David was very involved all night, works well when he has that second striker so he can drop into pockets.

Thought Oso, just lurking out there around the edges was a stealthy brilliant.  A fu'kin ninja!  No flash, all result.  A really good show for those who appreciate that sort of thing.  Well done.    

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Don't think there is any point getting worked up about the attendance. 

I'm not worried about it, but I do have to question the CSA's thinking.  Why not sell out 30 000 at $40 or $50 per ticket instead of draw just 13 000 with very expensive tickets?  The money is the same (or better when you consider concession sales), the atmosphere is way better, and you give the fans a chance to enjoy the game.  I definitely know people who stayed away because of the ticket prices.

1 minute ago, Kingston said:

I'm not worried about it, but I do have to question the CSA's thinking.  Why not sell out 30 000 at $40 or $50 per ticket instead of draw just 13 000 with very expensive tickets?  The money is the same (or better when you consider concession sales), the atmosphere is way better, and you give the fans a chance to enjoy the game.  I definitely know people who stayed away because of the ticket prices.

Chances are people don't show up at that price point either 

3 minutes ago, Kingston said:

Not necessarily.  Opening the upper deck increases cost as you have to add security, ticket takers, more concessions labour, janitorial staff etc.  Also, you'd have to look at the contract between the CSA and BMO Field.  The CSA may not get a cut of concessions.

21 minutes ago, narduch said:

Unsurprisingly, they didn’t do a 10-minute gif of the entire 10 minutes the Ref made him wait to take the pk because he was too reluctant to brandish yellow cards to the whining Hondurans. I have said this before, but almost nobody scores on a PK after being made to wait that long to take it

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

13K is actually not bad considering the ridiculous prices, cold weather, and negative press about the CSA. The USA only drew 18K in tropical Orlando, which at least one person online is questioning whether it was actually 18K. 

They also seemed to have a higher % of away-support fans in that game than there were Hondurans here.

I think if this game is played during the April window, the crowd size might have got another 5K added to it, not sure how much ticket prices were a factor in the end - it was to some degree, but from my experience, weather was the bigger factor. Cold & people having colds put off more people - case in point, I wasn't able to go as I'm current recovering from my own Cristian Gutierrez-like non-Covid related illness. Keep in mind even if someone had handed me free tickets, it still costs about $40 ($32 for parking for 2 hours at the stadium plus cost of gas round trip) for people who live in the suburbs of Toronto (as I do) just to attend any event at BMO before ticket prices or even the 2nd-mortage-on-your-house concession prices are added to the mix.