The Importance of the Players vs CSA Pay Dispute

Shway

I'm watching this press conference, and all I'm seeing is two people that have their backs against the wall.  Bontis is very emotional and neither of them are answering questions very well.  

They're also not being asked direct questions which is annoying.  

They're also doing lots of back slapping for themselves.  

8 minutes ago, Razcal said:

Sounds to me like the Men were asking for 40% which would mean the Women would also get 40%.

But it's still not totally clear.

Yah, i took it from the players statement that they asked for 40% for both teams combined. But like you said, it's not clear at all.

1 minute ago, TOcanadafan said:

Yes you’re correct… my mistake.  But as the point has been made, this money where the 40% is coming from  is solely because of their qualification so Bontis is full of shit.

Yes, exactly. 

So the CSA funds all these programs normally and all of a sudden they can’t afford it unless the men qualify for a World Cup?

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

Does this put canmnt versus cpl players now? Owners can only fund so much. 

The problem is that it’s a private organization, so we’ll never really know how the money is being spent. So no one will ever be held accountable for what they do. It’s very corrupt.

3 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

Yes, exactly. 

So the CSA funds all these programs normally and all of a sudden they can’t afford it unless the men qualify for a World Cup?

The counter argument is likely that they couldn't afford it in non-world cup years.

Sharman made a good point. The people who think there was a magic pot of money out there are full of shit. 

Most of these guys are on one soccer because bell and rogers fired everyone and funnelled the money into hockey. Our Canadian public broadcaster gambled on getting hockey rights, crippled the sports department, and never really recovered. 

It would be seriously frustrating for James to hear people thinking that there's big royalties and money to be had when a shit ton of people lost their jobs. 

17 minutes ago, Ansem said:

He's talking like a politician... giving us a whole pile of nothing.

My understanding of CSB, whatever revenues is generated, I thought it was that the CSA gets a cut and CPL gets most of it.

The players have a right to know what the CSA does with their share.

Every time I listen to Bontis, I need to take a shower.

• Shway changed the title to The Importance of the Players vs CSA Pay Dispute