Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

13 hours ago, PastPros said:

Wheeler just said Luca will only be in camp for 7 days, so he can make the beginning of Espanyol pre-season.

I suppose he means to ensure Luca gets time off, a holiday.

La Liga starts in the 2nd week of August and they don't have European matches, so Espanyol will probably start preseason very late June, or more likely early July. I'd imagine however that he'll move up to Espanyol B, in terms of a roster spot, and they'll start later. 

Conclusion: the excuse is BS, nice try Wheeler. He could do our entire Vancouver camp and still have 3 weeks before starting his preseason.

As Espanyol is looking for a new coach the planning details are up in the air.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 hours ago, PastPros said:

Wheeler just said Luca will only be in camp for 7 days, so that he can attend the beginning of Espanyol pre-season.

When does the camp start?

I assume this means no cap-tie. If so, the game is afoot.

Makes it even more frustrating Corbeanu and Mitrovic weren't called. He is essentially a taxi squad member if the above is true.

3 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Here’s a question for people who are more informed than I am, if he plays in the friendly for Canada does he need to file a switch to then play for another nation?

Moot point 🤦‍♂️

Think I saw him running to the States camp. 

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He is on the extended U20 squad for the USA.

Which proves what a load of crap was Wheeler's tweet about him only going to Canada for a week because he has to prep for Espanyol's preseason.

U20 Concacaf means spending the middle of June in Central America. 

This is where I insert a line about what a bag of wind Wheeler is, he'll take any garbage argument and repeat it to ingratiate himself to the powers that be.

Also: Canada camp and US u-20 are not incompatible. 

57 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Which proves what a load of crap was Wheeler's tweet about him only going to Canada for a week because he has to prep for Espanyol's preseason.

U20 Concacaf means spending the middle of June in Central America. 

This is where I insert a line about what a bag of wind Wheeler is, he'll take any garbage argument and repeat it to ingratiate himself to the powers that be.

Also: Canada camp and US u-20 are not incompatible. 

Being on the 60 man doesn’t mean he is going to the camp, Canada has added some hopefuls in the past without them showing up

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Have to agree with you .. for the past while Wheeler has been basically the PR dept of Canada soccer.  Sounds like he will just repeat whatever the federation tells him to say.

1 minute ago, sose said:

Have to agree with you .. for the past while Wheeler has been basically the PR dept of Canada soccer.  Sounds like he will just repeat whatever the federation tells him to say.

Before that he was the mouth piece/OR man of TFC.   

8 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He is on the extended U20 squad for the USA.

This also proves that the provisional rosters are meaningless. Ive pointed this out before to others, when they view it as a sign the player wants to play for Canada, that the players don't need to approve their name on these lists. 

Luca is on the provisional list twice. Once for Canada and once for USA in that same document. He clearly didn't 'pick a side he's leaning to'. Both countries just put him out of hope.