Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

If that one clip is indicative of his skillset, he might be second to Davies for us in terms of creating his shot. He looks like he has excellent ball control and solid IQ. No idea how we’ll manage to convince him to ever commit, but man he looks nice.

From what I read he hasn't really committed his sr. international football to either Can or US yet, will probably want to go to a US camp (if called) before committing  

Need those 10 fans in Vancouver that are going to show him the love tomorrow.

I jest, I jest.. 12 then.

Think that really swayed Flores with Mexico as he was going to come train with us but the experience did enough. I have no doubt the players will have been all over him! 

Write that Koleosho chant now!

12 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

If that one clip is indicative of his skillset, he might be second to Davies for us in terms of creating his shot. He looks like he has excellent ball control and solid IQ. No idea how we’ll manage to convince him to ever commit, but man he looks nice.

I haven't watched this kid play, so I have no idea if he is good or not, but just some advice. Be very wary of highlight videos. Especially highlight videos that are against youth competition. It might not look the same regularly (or ever even) against professionals.

8 hours ago, Kent said:

I haven't watched this kid play, so I have no idea if he is good or not, but just some advice. Be very wary of highlight videos. Especially highlight videos that are against youth competition. It might not look the same regularly (or ever even) against professionals.

But ignore all posts of people like me who've watched 6-7 full matches this year + highlights and have been posing regularly on this thread about what we see?

I posted the full clip of the U19 cup final vs Real Madrid, just look at that, where it's tight and few players shine. 

Anyways, @Kentthose highlights are half against a team in 1st division and half Espanyol B, who play in Spanish 4th division and made the promotion playoff, not youth. So thanks for the word of advice. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

I think people saying the bonus dispute would dissuade Luca are mistaken. 

A 17 year old sees how a team stands up for itself and pressures for what would most benefit the players with the lowest salaries. He could just as well be impressed. And I'm sure his parents and friends would be saying "good for them". 

He not only gets to practice and play with world football stars, he now has the honour of having gone on strike with them. Imagine the conversations being had. 

Don't forget that his last USA u20 experience did not convince him at all. US Soccer openly said it was a fringe and outsider u20 camp, including NCAA players. He must have wondered why he was in that group and not treated with the respect his club affiliation would merit. 

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think people saying the bonus dispute would dissuade Luca are mistaken. 

A 17 year old sees how a team stands up for itself and pressures for what would most benefit the players with the lowest salaries. He could just as well be impressed. And I'm sure his parents and friends would be saying "good for them". 

He not only gets to practice and play with world football stars, he now has the honour of having gone on strike with them. Imagine the conversations being had. 

Don't forget that his last USA u20 experience did not convince him at all. US Soccer openly said it was a fringe and outsider u20 camp, including NCAA players. He must have wondered why he was in that group and not treated with the respect his club affiliation would merit. 

Idk if they're mistaken, it's a precarious situation to say the least. But definitely a silver lining of it all is he is getting to spend more time with everyone off the field and see who they really are. Theoretically tho, if down the road he cited this experience as part of his decision to choose the US, it would be hard to blame him for that

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What? It was outside a fifa window. They brought in the best that could get released. USSF didn’t say Luca was a fringe player. Other guys on that roster are on Fulham, Koln, PSV, and one that’s going to Dortmund. From everything I’ve heard, had he played for the U20’s, he would’ve picked the US over Canada.

My first day of work coming out of college 1993, just on the jobsite and everyone is on pins and needles.  No one is talking, they wont talk to me, its like a funeral or a murder scene.  Finally a guy tells me about the screw up they have had...and I didnt know enough then, but over the next few weeks it sinks in exactly how bad this is and that I have just joined up with a bunch of complete idiots.  29 years later I have yet to see a F&CK up worse than that and it still give me the chills that I started my career with that company.  I wonder if this is what Koleosho is going through right now???  

On 6/5/2022 at 6:52 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

But ignore all posts of people like me who've watched 6-7 full matches this year + highlights and have been posing regularly on this thread about what we see?

I posted the full clip of the U19 cup final vs Real Madrid, just look at that, where it's tight and few players shine. 

Anyways, @Kentthose highlights are half against a team in 1st division and half Espanyol B, who play in Spanish 4th division and made the promotion playoff, not youth. So thanks for the word of advice. 

This is what I was responding to. "If that one clip is indicative of his skillset, he might be second to Davies for us in terms of creating his shot."

I wasn't saying anything about ignoring what people say that have watched him play. I was warning against never seeing a player play a full game, then watching a highlight package and then jumping to the conclusion that this guy is better at creating his shot than Tajon Buchanan, Junior Hoilett, or Liam Millar.

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

My first day of work coming out of college 1993, just on the jobsite and everyone is on pins and needles.  No one is talking, they wont talk to me, its like a funeral or a murder scene.  Finally a guy tells me about the screw up they have had...and I didnt know enough then, but over the next few weeks it sinks in exactly how bad this is and that I have just joined up with a bunch of complete idiots.  29 years later I have yet to see a F&CK up worse than that and it still give me the chills that I started my career with that company.  I wonder if this is what Koleosho is going through right now???  

Sounds like a unionized environment, I used to work at an automobile manufacturering plant some time ago so I know fully well what those are like. Anyhow, elaborate bro, what was the nature of the work and what got fucked up, and how? 

3 hours ago, Macksam said:

Sounds like a unionized environment, I used to work at an automobile manufacturering plant some time ago so I know fully well what those are like. Anyhow, elaborate bro, what was the nature of the work and what got fucked up, and how? 

Drilling a horizontal oil well, they got the wrong plans, went the wrong direction into another companies land.  They had sent the reports of what they were doing into the head office every day and finally a paper pusher in the office noticed it was all wrong.  After the well was finished, the Field Engineer, Drilling consultant, Directional drilling company and Wellsite Geologists all got fired.  The oil company had to give the majority of the oil production to the other company for free and they were the laughing stock of the area until they went out of business.  

But that sinking feeling...I've made a terrible mistake and I dont want to be anywhere near these guys.....how can I get out of this???  Hopefully the kid isnt permanently scarred by this and will still suit up for us.  

16 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Drilling a horizontal oil well, they got the wrong plans, went the wrong direction into another companies land.  They had sent the reports of what they were doing into the head office every day and finally a paper pusher in the office noticed it was all wrong.  After the well was finished, the Field Engineer, Drilling consultant, Directional drilling company and Wellsite Geologists all got fired.  The oil company had to give the majority of the oil production to the other company for free and they were the laughing stock of the area until they went out of business.  

But that sinking feeling...I've made a terrible mistake and I dont want to be anywhere near these guys.....how can I get out of this???  Hopefully the kid isnt permanently scarred by this and will still suit up for us.  

In a former life I worked as a well site geologist. That's certainly a screw up of epic proportions. Very hard to top that.