Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

11 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

It isn't necessarily a Canadian. People were just guessing Luca

I’m solely basing it off the 11Yanks tweet and the fact TM has interviewed and on speaking terms with Kolesho. TM has also said straight up no to several names. So we shall see. 

Edit- JJDTV also seems to suggest something is brewing with USA/CAD dual. Couple that with the first team debut, def lines up. 

Edited by canuckgbp

Tactical Manager has not responded to anyone who has inquired if it is in fact LK.  He has responded to some other player inquiries with a "no".  So he is leaving Koleosho's door open and other potential dual national players he is closing the door by saying it is not them.  There are other dual nationals mentioned in the thread without a response back such as Cade Cowell (Mexico) and Balogun (England). 

However, almost every other nation has already dropped their squads and likely won't be randomly adding to it.  Both Mexico & England have already dropped their rosters and neither Cowell nor Balogun were on them.  Given Canada is one of the few remaining countries to drop their roster, I do think it bodes well to this hype building around it being Luca.

Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, Tyler55 said:

Based on this response it may be Canada inviting LK to nations league camp to train/cap. If LK accepts a cap tie this early that would be extremely surprising but it's possible we see him in camp.

If so, we cannot underestimate the role of Tenllado. 

I doubt Tenllado ever makes a strong case for any player, so if he has here, perhaps he has been heeded. 

Koleosho's mother referred to above is Melissa Vallera, who seems to have gone to secondary school in Montreal, and is a physiotherapist with a PhD working in Conneticut, which I believe is also where Luca was born. She has also coached both soccer and strength/conditioning and has a USSF coaching licence. Just saying this as I'd imagine she is also an influence and a role model in terms of athletics.

11 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If so, we cannot underestimate the role of Tenllado. 

I doubt Tenllado ever makes a strong case for any player, so if he has here, perhaps he has been heeded. 

Koleosho's mother referred to above is Melissa Vallera, who seems to have gone to secondary school in Montreal, and is a physiotherapist with a PhD working in Conneticut, which I believe is also where Luca was born. She has also coached both soccer and strength/conditioning and has a USSF coaching licence. Just saying this as I'd imagine she is also an influence and a role model in terms of athletics.

Another Tweet mentioned the mom used to work for CF Montreal.

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

Seems like UT is the only one who has seen him play for more than one minute so he can provide the best scouting report.

Must be projected highly to promote him this way both at club level and Herdman going after him. Certainly enough to push our pursuit of Mitrovic off course again. That is exciting enough for me. 

On 11/29/2021 at 11:32 AM, Xavier. said:

Is eligible with Canada (His mother is Italian-Canadian)

Just thought I'd clarify that, unlike young Bunbury, he seems to be clearly FIFA eligible, without any lingering doubts as long as the following is true:

"Holding an Italian passport through his Canadian-born mother"

http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/koleosho-progressing-at-espanyol-aiming-for-big-steps-in-2022

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Just thought I'd clarify that, unlike young Bunbury, there seems to be clearly FIFA eligible, without any lingering doubts as long as the following is true:

"Holding an Italian passport through his Canadian-born mother"

http://www.americansoccernow.com/articles/koleosho-progressing-at-espanyol-aiming-for-big-steps-in-2022

Koleosho himself says its true in the interview he does with that pompous "Tactical Manager" twit on Youtube:

Given where we’re at, I’m generally not a fan of capping youth players, but I will agree with this one.

If he’s already seen the field (even once) at 17 in La Liga, there is a lot of upside here. And you can argue he’s ready to jump in right away. 

Other than Mitrovic or Jebson, not too many other players in the potential pool that match this profile and warrant the treatment IMO.

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Seems like UT is the only one who has seen him play for more than one minute so he can provide the best scouting report.

Next year he should be on the reserve team, and may get first team minutes. He is under contract until summer 2024, and has one more year of u-19 availability in the Spain system.

I have not seen him live as I am not going to Espanyol u-19 games. I have seen about 6-7 games streamed, have not seen any of his Espanyol B minutes (2 matches) and then have seen his minutes with the first team. 

All his matches he is either attacking up the right or left. I have seen matches where he stays on the same side of the field after the half and is attacking left instead of right for the final 45. 

The first team minutes last weekend were an exception, he was centre attacker highest up with Granada pushing late to get a goal to avoid relegation.

Scores, like a winger will, on the counter, turning in, poaching; not a lot but 11-12 goals I think, just off hand can't find the stats. Also assists.

He is strong, fast, tricky without being a "magician" or anything like that. For his minutes with the first team everyone here was commenting how mature, fast and strong he looked, he is very developed. 

Espanyol u-19 as we've said on his thread is one of the better u-19s in Spain. They did not win their division (also Barça u-19 is in it), but they did qualify for the Cup, and went through all rounds, making the final vs Real Madrid u-19, which they lost in the dying minutes. I think you can still find it online, on Youtube.

Here's a summary, and then the full match, he's no 11. I recommend this as it is a highly played match for u-19s.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

8 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The US likely would have invited him to their U20 camp only.

We have far less depth and likely promised him time with the senior team before staying down in Honduras with the U20s.

Luca was called into our January camp that was cancelled. His club confirmed this.

So does anyone have any notion as to whether he has chosen Canada for good, or is there a chance this is an Ayo Akinola situation where he is accepting a call up but is still undecided and could still make a switch? I'm confident that once he gets in the environment with Davies, et al that he will fall in love with this team. He says he wants to play for Bayern so I'm sure Davies is someone that he looks up to.

11 minutes ago, frmr said:

So does anyone have any notion as to whether he has chosen Canada for good, or is there a chance this is an Ayo Akinola situation where he is accepting a call up but is still undecided and could still make a switch? I'm confident that once he gets in the environment with Davies, et al that he will fall in love with this team. He says he wants to play for Bayern so I'm sure Davies is someone that he looks up to.

Sort of. He could switch eventually however if he sees the field for us in a Nations League game he's tied to us for the next three years.

3 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Sort of. He could switch eventually however if he sees the field for us in a Nations League game he's tied to us for the next three years.

Is this different that the 3 games that Kone needs to play to be cap tied?

5 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Is this different that the 3 games that Kone needs to play to be cap tied?

Nope exact same, once Koleosho plays three games he's our forever. But we only play two competitive games so we can't cap-tie him  his window.