Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

This is fun

The US federation has so many of these young players coming up that I'm sure Luca would be receptive to Canada. He wasn't on the latest US u20 side and as he alludes to in the interview if a country shows that they care about him it will go a long way.

7 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Another effing winger! Where are the midfielders and defenders?

In fairness at the moment if we call him up, Smith is a midfielder not a defender for me. Granted we still need more lol.

Edited by VinceA

2 hours ago, Tyler55 said:

This is the interview, he says he is willing to consider playing for any country that calls him up. His link to Canada is his mother who is Italian-Canadian this would be a perfect candidate for the u20 team! Hope the federation can get in touch soon 😀.

I really like Filipe Silva, the host of this channel but I resent the title of his post. What freaking top USMNT prospect did we poach? Akindele? I can't think of anybody else. He better not be talking about David or Akinola. Those two grew up and learned soccer in Canada.

Edited by Sal333

19 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

I really like Filipe Silva, the host of this channel but I resent the title of his post. What freaking top USMNT prospect did we poach? Akindele? I can't think of anybody else. He better not be talking about David or Akinola. Those two grew up and learned soccer in Canada.

To be fair we didn't even know the guy was linked to Canada, he could have left that part out. I don't think the wording is meant to be rude necessarily he probably just wants more people to be interested.  

12 minutes ago, Tyler55 said:

To be fair we didn't even know the guy was linked to Canada, he could have left that part out. I don't think the wording is meant to be rude necessarily he probably just wants more people to be interested.  

So in the interest of getting more clicks it's okay to lie. ".....CMNT take another top USMNT prospect...." Direct quote. Also, maybe most of the people on this board didn't know but I'll bet Herdman knows.

Edited by Sal333

4 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

So in the interest of getting more clicks it's okay to lie. ".....CMNT take another top USMNT prospect...." Direct quote.

No. I think the main issue is he used the word "another" and he is obviously referring to David (who lived there for 3 months😂) and Akinola. Somehow US fans think their federation made a huge mistake not trying harder to recruit David which is hilarious because they are incapable of fathoming that someone may not want to play for them. If he hadn't said "another" I think it would have been a fair video title.

1 hour ago, Strait Red said:

@Unnamed Trialist time for you to recruit this young man to our side. 😂 

Will do.

His name at Espanyol, or in the official reports, is Luca Warrick Daeovie.

I see he is in his first year of u-19 eligibility but is on the Juvenil A, not B, which is a postive sign. He has played every match for them, 10 starts, 3 subs in, 5 goals of their total of 26. Vs Gimnàstic de Tarragona he scored a brace. Wears no. 11.

The person to really make the contact would be Tenllado, our assistant coach, as he came through the Espanyol system. Anyone in touch with Eric?

Espanyol has one of the top 6-8 youth academies in Spain, easily. Their u-19 is has the sixth most Cup wins, they've played the league final half a dozen times since the system was set up in the 90s. While I am a Barça fan I have never been anti-Espanyol, like most FCB supporters, as I've followed the youth and want to see the kids from teams where I live thrive.

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I mean, yeah, it is pretty much an accepted practice.   

This is clickbait in a nutshell.  Anyone following the US program will definitely watch based on that headline.

"Remember the cast of Degrassi Junior High?  You'll never believe what they look like now!  Number four will BLOW YOUR MIND."

Yeah, they look about 30 years older and rarely do they blow your mind.

2 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

This is clickbait in a nutshell.  Anyone following the US program will definitely watch based on that headline.

"Remember the cast of Degrassi Junior High?  You'll never believe what they look like now!  Number four will BLOW YOUR MIND."

Yeah, they look about 30 years older and rarely do they blow your mind.

I always though Caitlin was hotter than Stephanie.   One teen’s opinion.  

23 hours ago, Sal333 said:

So in the interest of getting more clicks it's okay to lie. ".....CMNT take another top USMNT prospect...." Direct quote. Also, maybe most of the people on this board didn't know but I'll bet Herdman knows.

It's not even a lie though. Regardless of where Akinola learned to play, he absolutely was a USMNT prospect that we wrestled away from them.

Let's say Ugbo had played 51 times for our youth teams and 1 friendly for the men's team, would you not consider him a prospect for the CMNT despite not learning his soccer in Canada? If he then committed to England, would you not consider that to meet the definition of "England taking a CMNT prospect"?

9 minutes ago, Kent said:

It's not even a lie though. Regardless of where Akinola learned to play, he absolutely was a USMNT prospect that we wrestled away from them.

Let's say Ugbo had played 51 times for our youth teams and 1 friendly for the men's team, would you not consider him a prospect for the CMNT despite not learning his soccer in Canada? If he then committed to England, would you not consider that to meet the definition of "England taking a CMNT prospect"?

I would feel like we threw away all those development dollars, just for England to come and reap the rewards. 

Which is how some American's undoubtedly feel about Akinola.

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I would feel like we threw away all those development dollars, just for England to come and reap the rewards. 

Which is how some American's undoubtedly feel about Akinola.

Perhaps this is all part of the CSA's grand plan to save cash -- let other federations spend money on Canadian guys, only to have them choose Canada in the end