Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

21 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

So many deluded Americans on twitter. Not matter my mood, they will always cheer me up. 

I also love the massive amount of misinformation. 

Because I am on this board and follow certain subjects, I just assume that there is a foundation that everyone will have. Or that somehow some core set of facts will eventually come to the fore. But the frequency of people posting pure garbage and then that contaminating everything else is amazing. For example, I have seen totally contradictory and wild speculations on which countries he is eligible for.

Old guy making an innocent remark in the age of post-truth.

10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I also love the massive amount of misinformation. 

Because I am on this board and follow certain subjects, I just assume that there is a foundation that everyone will have. Or that somehow some core set of facts will eventually come to the fore. But the frequency of people posting pure garbage and then that contaminating everything else is amazing. For example, I have seen totally contradictory and wild speculations on which countries he is eligible for.

Old guy making an innocent remark in the age of post-truth.

I saw someone say he was a regular American youth international but he was called up once for the yanks u16s in 2019. 

15 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Not sure how much inside info he has as he doesn’t completely rule out him being cap tied but I did wonder if this was just a taster for Luca. 

He makes it sound like he knows what Herdman's plans for using Luca are, which I doubt he could have inside information on.

17 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Not sure how much inside info he has as he doesn’t completely rule out him being cap tied but I did wonder if this was just a taster for Luca. 

He is on speaking terms with him. Has interviewed him. Said he would be brought into the senior camp before it happened. I know a lot of people seem not to like him but he is plugged in to Koleosho. 

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

He makes it sound like he knows what Herdman's plans for using Luca are, which I doubt he could have inside information on.

He is on speaking terms with Koleosho, not sure if they are friends or what. He is plugged in though, so if this is what TM is saying, we can assume this is what the gist of the dialogue is about. 

5 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

He is on speaking terms with Koleosho, not sure if they are friends or what. He is plugged in though, so if this is what TM is saying, we can assume this is what the gist of the dialogue is about. 

I'm aware that he's interviewed Koleosho, and I don't really doubt the "hasn't committed" part (despite Wheeler, who is obviously even-more-plugged-in to Herdman than this guy is to Koleosho, saying the exact opposite). Its the rest of the stuff about Herdman's specific plans that seems doubtful - maybe he will be correct but even someone taking an uneducated guess without inside info could predict that it's most likely that Luca will only feature in a friendly vs. being played meaningful games given his age & lack of professional experience.

38 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

He is on speaking terms with him. Has interviewed him. Said he would be brought into the senior camp before it happened. I know a lot of people seem not to like him but he is plugged in to Koleosho. 

Did you listen to the interview? I accept that he has spoken to Luca, good for him, but the level of total ignorance on the part of Tac about who he was talking to was amazing. He basically missed every important detail you would normally be interested in when it comes to a young player. I don't think Luca would have been very impressed, because here was this 17-year old basically being patient with the ignorance of a supposed adult soccer pundit.

Tac did not ask him where he played, nor how Espanyol played, did not understand the difference between a u-19, reserve or first team (listen, I'm not making this up). Did not know he had more u-19 eligibiity. Nor did he grasp the importance of where he was, Espanyol. I've followed Tac a bit, he's very ignorant about Spain and also shows signs of despising Spanish football (will explain that if anyone cares).

So I am not sure that helped the US case. 

He explains in the interview that he had been called up years ago then ignored. He deliberately explains to Tac that he is also eligible for Canada, which he didn't have to. He was clearly seeking to create a bit of a bidding war and he was successful.

We called him to our January camp and he accepted, it was announced by Espanyol media. We then cancelled the camp. 

He then went to that u-20 US camp in late April-early May, in Carson. He did not go with our u-20s. Look at how they painted it:

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/u-20-usmnt-roster-announced-for-training-camp-in-carson-california/

I think his impression of the US camp was not that great. It was half of the guys being called up for the first time (ie not part of the US under 20 core), and the other half called for a second time (not core guys either). The clubs were good, I am sure the level was fine, but still. The US statement specifically says that since it was not an international window they could not call others, meaning their main guys.

One guy was in NCAA and another unattached. The coach is a guy who had been with Dallas academy and has 5 months experience with US Soccer.

Why do I say he was likely not impressed? Because he was being brought in basically on a trial and as a player on the outside looking in. Not very respectful towards the player, who the week previous had played the Spain u-19 final vs. Madrid. 

If it had been a great experience in Carson, and he'd heard he would be called into the US u-20 camp now or better, he may not be with us. But I think it is clear he was not entirely happy with the US camp, its wake, or both. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

If US dropped the ball on him, then all the better for us. Also, the general measuring stick here seems to be that once you play senior football, you are able to play for the MNT. Even if it was only one game, I don't see why he couldn't get a short run out against Curacao. I'm sure if Justin Smith made his Nice debut, the senior call up wouldn't be far behind.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Did you listen to the interview? I accept that he has spoken to Luca, good for him, but the level of total ignorance on the part of Tac about who he was talking to was amazing. He basically missed every important detail you would normally be interested in when it comes to a young player. I don't think Luca would have been very impressed, because here was this 17-year old basically being patient with the ignorance of a supposed adult soccer pundit.

Tac did not ask him where he played, nor how Espanyol played, did not understand the difference between a u-19, reserve or first team (listen, I'm not making this up). Nor did he grasp the importance of where he was. I've followed Tac a bit, he's very ignorant about Spain and also shows signs of despising Spanish football (will explain that is anyone cares).

So I am not sure that helped the US case. 

He explains in the interview that he had been called up years ago then ignored. He deliberately explains to Tac that he is also eligible for Canada, which he didn't have to. He was clearly seeking to create a bit of a bidding war and he was successful.

We called him to our January camp and he accepted, it was announced by Espanyol media. We then cancelled the camp. 

He then went to that u-20 US camp in late April-early May, in Carson. He did not go with our u-20s. Look at how they painted it:

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/u-20-usmnt-roster-announced-for-training-camp-in-carson-california/

think his impression of the US camp was not that great. It was half of the guys being called up for the first time (ie not part of the US under 20 core), and the other half called for a second time (not core guys either). The clubs were good, I am sure the level was fine, but still. The US statement specifically says that since it was not an international window they could not call others, meaning their main guys.

Why do I say he was likely not impressed? Because he was being brought in basically on a trial and as a player on the outside looking in. Not very respectful towards the player, who the week previous had played the Spain u-19 final vs. Madrid. 

If it had been a great experience in Carson, and he'd heard he would be called into the US u-20 camp now or better, he may not be with us. But I think it is clear he was not entirely happy with the US camp, its wake, or both. 

He may have also heard about our camps and the positivity from them. I do feel once he is in and experiences it, we probably will have him. 

My point is TM is connected to Koleosho. He said a dual was being called into to another camp. When someone brought up Koleosho, and that he was already called to the U-20 CMNT camp, TM said he wasn't talking about U-20. Regardless of his interview skills or lack thereof, he seems to be on speaking terms with Koleosho or his camp.  

Big statement by Herdman bringing him into our main camp and not the U-20. 

1 hour ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I don’t get this. If he’s on the bench for Canada and Herdman simply… calls his number to get in the game, what’s he going to do, say no? 

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I don’t get this. If he’s on the bench for Canada and Herdman simply… calls his number to get in the game, what’s he going to do, say no? 

Maybe on be on the bench for the friendly and not the NL game? We seem top heavy in the attack. 25 players called I believe, so not all with make that NL game. 

6 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Maybe on be on the bench for the friendly and not the NL game? We seem top heavy in the attack. 25 players called I believe, so not all with make that NL game. 

Right, but if Canada absolutely wants to cap him, Herdman simply needs to add his name to the match day squad. 

16 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

I wonder if this happens without the LaLiga debut? Maybe he was always slated for the friendly? Or did Herdman say push into the first team and we shall see? 

Based on how quickly they called Kone up after he had like 4 good games, I’m sure this was a last minute decision.

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Based on how quickly they called Kone up after he had like 4 good games, I’m sure this was a last minute decision.

I personally have a hunch Tenllado has been pushing it, Espanyol being his club and him having coached youth, and since I doubt he pushes hardly anything, Herdman was paying close attention. 

I think if it pans out that will be another cap in Tenllado's hat, he's a smart guy.

5 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Right, but if Canada absolutely wants to cap him, Herdman simply needs to add his name to the match day squad. 

Not that simple if the agreement is that he won’t play in a cap-tying match.  Herdman can write his name on the game sheet but it is up to LK whether or not he wants to lace up the boots and rep us.  Trying to force his hand would be both silly and ineffective.   Better to let him see the quality in our senior side, build the relationships, and let him choose us.     

Edited by dyslexic nam