Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

10 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Why not? He would instantly improve us. If portugal picked staq, we wouldve likely lost him. 

If england wouldnt have picked tomori, he would have been the all time greatest CB for canada. 

Once a player commits, for whatever reason, they can still have incredibly passion and loyalty to the team. 

I guess you did not read the first 4 words but what I'm saying is I would PREFER someone that makes us his first choice instead of his third or fourth. And you're not going to convince me that the fourth choice guy has the same passion for the team as the first choice guy (or we would of been his first choice).

Edited by MtlMario

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

I guess you did not read the first 4 words but what I'm saying is I would PREFER someone that makes us his first choice instead of his third or fourth. And you're not going to convince me that the fourth choice guy has the same passion for the team as the first choice guy (or we would of been his first choice).

Fair point but if i was on the verge of playing for holland (15years ago) i wouldve chosen them so I could go to a WC. If I never made it and canada was my back up plan, I would likely have been more passionate about playing for canada because thats where my heart lies.  

Choosing to represent a nation isnt solely down to one criterion - passion. Sometimes guys can pick a nation in spite of passion. On the flipside, theres many guys in CMNT history where canada was there number 1 choice and they havnt seemed really passionate about CMNT. I think its too simplified to say you're automatically passionate if you choose canada. 

Give these guys room to grow and change. We have all done something in life that wasnt our top choice and turned out to actually really enjoy and love it.  Look at hoilett. We were not his first choice and hes one of the most passionate CMNT players ever IMO. I'd take his level of passion every single day. 

Just now, MtlMario said:

Well I guess there's 2 players that played for Holland and England would agree with you. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Bigandy said:

Fair point but if i was on the verge of playing for holland (15years ago) i wouldve chosen them so I could go to a WC. If I never made it and canada was my back up plan, I would likely have been more passionate about playing for canada because thats where my heart lies.  

Choosing to represent a nation isnt solely down to one criterion - passion. Sometimes guys can pick a nation in spite of passion. On the flipside, theres many guys in CMNT history where canada was there number 1 choice and they havnt seemed really passionate about CMNT. I think its too simplified to say you're automatically passionate if you choose canada. 

Give these guys room to grow and change. We have all done something in life that wasnt our top choice and turned out to actually really enjoy and love it.  Look at hoilett. We were not his first choice and hes one of the most passionate CMNT players ever IMO. I'd take his level of passion every single day. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

19 yr old France youth international Wilson Odobert who played in Luca's position at left wing, scored today in Burnley's 0-2 away win v Fulham. Wilson is 2 months younger than Luca and has 3 goals in 9 games  (vs 1G in 15 games for Luca) since his transfer from Troyes. Life in the PL. 

It’s crazy, but the future at burnley is bright.

3 hours ago, Kadenge said:

19 yr old France youth international Wilson Odobert who played in Luca's position at left wing, scored today in Burnley's 0-2 away win v Fulham. Wilson is 2 months younger than Luca and has 3 goals in 9 games  (vs 1G in 15 games for Luca) since his transfer from Troyes. Life in the PL. 

Well that pretty much confirms it, Luca is not good enough for Italy and the USA, he's all ours baby!

Imagine how insane it must be when you’re a 19 year old phenom, sought after by like 4 national team set ups, contract to play in the world’s biggest league before you can legally drink back home, everything, and yet there’s a younger kid at your position who is better than you, and is going to take your minutes. Game moves fast.

On 12/27/2023 at 4:22 PM, El Diego said:

If anyone watched Troyes last season when Ugbo was playing for them, Odobert was pretty regular for that team and his skill was pretty apparent. One of those players that left PSG youth team to get immediate professional minutes.

Late to this, but related, Savinho (Savio) at Girona was also at Troyes last year, with few minutes. Also a teen, a Brazilian, a versatile winger. And now he is tearing it up in La Liga, he's probably the revelation player of the year so far, with Girona at the top of the table.