WCQ: Aruba vs Canada - Saturday, June 5th, 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - IMG Academy, FL

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Wonder if Platt has the inside scoop

Screenshot_20210604-163352_Twitter.jpg

I know they may be worried about injury, but you have to get our starters vs. Suriname clicking a bit, especially where they link up in their area of the pitch, or have to work together. If none of this line-up is to start the next game, for me it does not work. 

I'd throw in a few he thinks may start the next match, either from the start, or around m. 60. Especially pairings like Eustaquio-Kaye (apparently), or Henry for Sturing. Another player who has not seen minutes in a while is Hoillet and I'm not sure he is as game fit as most.

I just got the shock of seeing Suriname score early vs. Bermuda, and now a 2nd. Looks like they are going for a major goal difference, and that may change our Aruba strategy.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

A simple 1-0 win against Aruba will do the job. We will be above on goal difference by one goal.

Winning by any amount and our players not getting injured is more important than trying to go for the 12-0 win or something crazy.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Guatemala smashed st Vincent 10-0. It’s funny because you would think they are amazing but it doesn’t make me feel anymore scared of a Guatemalan team than yesterday, it’s probably because it’s the devil you know rather than the unknown of Suriname. 

Aruba seems closer to Cayman Islands than to Bermuda. A reminder, when we smashed Cayman Islands we only had 2 guys in the starting lineup that also started against Bermuda (Davies and Larin). I'm pretty confident that the lineup that Platt suggested could get the job done, and if they can't I'm guessing they wouldn't be doing worse than drawing in the 60th minute, when you could bring on Davies, David, Hoilett, Eustaquio, Laryea, take your pick and pop in a goal or two.

Plus, that lineup will be full of hungry guys trying to win game time in the following 1 to hopefully 3 games. I think it makes sense, and if I was the manager I'd like to think I would have the guts to try it.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Aruba seems closer to Cayman Islands than to Bermuda. A reminder, when we smashed Cayman Islands we only had 2 guys in the starting lineup that also started against Bermuda (Davies and Larin). I'm pretty confident that the lineup that Platt suggested could get the job done, and if they can't I'm guessing they wouldn't be doing worse than drawing in the 60th minute, when you could bring on Davies, David, Hoilett, Eustaquio, Laryea, take your pick and pop in a goal or two.

Plus, that lineup will be full of hungry guys trying to win game time in the following 1 to hopefully 3 games. I think it makes sense, and if I was the manager I'd like to think I would have the guts to try it.

Agreed.

The only suggest I'd have is to use a full strength back line for gelling them before Tuesday. 

Haven't been in for quite a bit but wanted to check in. I've got 4-0 Canada today.  I think they'll be a mix of young and regular starters.  If everything goes right they'll have 4 games in two weeks (knocking on wood so as not to jinx) and this is the only opportunity (no offense to Aruba) if they do want to cap tie someone or try something out. Of course I'm often wrong so take it with a grain of salt. 

15 hours ago, The Ref said:

Anyone knows what Network will show the game?

Its probably a good time to buy a monthly pass if you don't want to pay for a full year.

You will get the next set of Men's WCQ plus the 2 Women's friendlies that are being played next week.

Keep it for a 2nd month and you will get the Gold Cup too. 

Plus CPL is rumoured to return June 26.

4 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

According to JH they have 2 different squads that have been training for the 2 matches. The "Aruba squad" played vs a Florida academy on Thursday and the "Suriname" squad played vs the other Cdn players at camp

Makes sense to me - ideally the “Suriname squad” would get a bit of competitive match time before Tuesday but with a two day turnaround you need to keep those guys fresh and injury-free.

20 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

According to JH they have 2 different squads that have been training for the 2 matches. The "Aruba squad" played vs a Florida academy on Thursday and the "Suriname" squad played vs the other Cdn players at camp

Does this mean we could see memebers of the Taxi squad play today? Tesho for example is a player I believe is deserving, plus we could cap tie likes of Rutty and get someone like Nelson some more experience.

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Does this mean we could see memebers of the Taxi squad play today? Tesho for example is a player I believe is deserving, plus we could cap tie likes of Rutty and get someone like Nelson some more experience.

There is nothing stopping us from having different 23 man rosters for each game. This isn't a tournament.