Easton Ongaro

WyattTaylor

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Well, Cavallini is suspended next week and the squad is thin.  Sartini admitted post game that everyone who was healthy got in to the game tonight, and the rest were just there for moral support.  We'll see how comes out of covid isolation this week, but there could be a spot for Ongaro.

If they’re all Vaccinated (I’m assuming they are), all Caps who are currently in covid protocols will out of quarantine 5 days after their initial positive, barring any lingering symptoms or another positive. Probably about Tuesday. Caps should be good for next weekend

4 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

If they’re all Vaccinated (I’m assuming they are), all Caps who are currently in covid protocols will out of quarantine 5 days after their initial positive, barring any lingering symptoms or another positive. Probably about Tuesday. Caps should be good for next weekend

Probably, though there's no saying other players don't end up in it.

8 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I want to see him succeed, but they shouldn't have started him. Would have preferred him as a 2nd half sub, when (usually) the team is a little more focused (this is also a damming indictment of the Caps under Vanni).

Honestly it’s hard to fault Vanni’s reasoning (in this instance). If you only have 1 tested MLS striker available, and you’re only going to get ~45 minutes out of him, you’d rather save him for the second half. Let Ongaro tire out the defence. Maybe he comes good, maybe not. But if we had needed a goal late, you’d much rather have Ricketts on.

9 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Honestly it’s hard to fault Vanni’s reasoning (in this instance). If you only have 1 tested MLS striker available, and you’re only going to get ~45 minutes out of him, you’d rather save him for the second half. Let Ongaro tire out the defence. Maybe he comes good, maybe not. But if we had needed a goal late, you’d much rather have Ricketts on.

My argument (in the Whitecaps forum) is that they should have started Dajome up front (they've done it before).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...