Easton Ongaro

WyattTaylor

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone with insider Romanian League knowledge know why he's not making the game sheet? injury, foreign player quotas?

He was getting some appearances and starts a while ago, so it's hard to imagine his form has dropped off that much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Easton went onto the podcast, “Wyngback Radio” and had a good amount to say.

Sounds like he got the whole European experience in Romania, including toxic coaching and missed pay checks. 

He mentioned that he was leaving FC Edmonton regardless of the ownership situation as he wanted to take the next step. He also ruled out an offseason loan to CPL.

As for the future: he sounded very interested in MLS Next Pro, citing the opportunity it provides for players wanting to quickly find that next step. But first and foremost he sounds like he wants another shot in Europe, but injury history is making it difficult.

3 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

Easton went onto the podcast, “Wyngback Radio” and had a good amount to say.

Sounds like he got the whole European experience in Romania, including toxic coaching and missed pay checks. 

He mentioned that he was leaving FC Edmonton regardless of the ownership situation as he wanted to take the next step. He also ruled out an offseason loan to CPL.

As for the future: he sounded very interested in MLS Next Pro, citing the opportunity it provides for players wanting to quickly find that next step. But first and foremost he sounds like he wants another shot in Europe, but injury history is making it difficult.

What's toxic coaching?

• 4 weeks later...

Good move if he can replicate what Rowe and Farsi have done at Crew 2, which is make an impact and earn call ups to the 1st team. After White and Cavallini the path to being a 3rd option is pretty clear, with just Ricketts standing in his way, right? Maybe Ongaro is a bit of a different profile to all 3 of those guys as well, and he's a good age and can find the net.

But first he has to sign and then he must be a standout with the reserves. He should be able to do that, I believe. 

I thought he would have a been worth a punt for the Whitecaps a couple of seasons ago. Thought the same for 5/6 CPL players though and the Caps don't seem interested.

This would be a good situation for both parties though. Could easily see him getting the loan to the first team if Cava/White/Ricketts get injured.  Low risk for Whitecaps and would improve their WFC2 teams attack.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope he makes a big impact at this level and gets a first team contract at year's end.  However, I am always cynical about the Caps' upper management/ownership in regards to any interaction with CPL so I hope that Ongaro doesn't get short changed despite a stong performance here.