USA National Team Watch

Macksam

27 minutes ago, red card said:

He will get to play right away. But this could be another Sargent scenario. Club is in relegation territory. Due to their style and calibre of play, Pepi won't be able to burnish his forward skills too much. He'll get one half chance per match instead of 2 or 3. Rest of the time will be about dropping back in order to get more involved in the play.

I wouldn’t say I was thrilled when I heard he was going to Augsburg but personally I think he’ll do fine. Nobody is expecting him to light up the Bundesliga. Honestly better there than Wolfsburg. Kohfeldt is a horrible manager. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Serginho Dest played very well today for Barça, playing LB, and has been very good in the last few matches, in line with the team. All this business about him being on the way out: Xavi is doing well with him. 

Just saying, he's a premium player and at just 21 has room to grow. It is no different than with our players, it really helps us that our players' clubs are thriving.

Turner Sports agrees 8-year media deal for US national teams - Inside World Football

Turner Sports has picked up men’s and women’s US national team games in a reported $200-220 million deal.

The deal will run through the 2026 World Cup that is being jointly hosted in the US but does not cover any of the official World Cup matches

Edited by Free kick

On 2/27/2022 at 6:27 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Serginho Dest played very well today for Barça, playing LB, and has been very good in the last few matches, in line with the team. All this business about him being on the way out: Xavi is doing well with him. 

Just saying, he's a premium player and at just 21 has room to grow. It is no different than with our players, it really helps us that our players' clubs are thriving.

Dutch will miss him. 

US prepping their fans not to panic if they lose in Mexico.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/biggest-questions-facing-gregg-berhalter-the-usmnt-for-final-world-cup-qualifyin

However, I disagree with the writer. The US has a crazy hard window. Away to Mexico and then home to Panama and away to Costa Rica. Both of those teams are desperate for wins.

If Mexico loses against the US their next 2 games are against Honduras and El Salvador so there shouldn't be any problem with them qualifying, but the US is entirely different. It is entirely realistic that they could not finish top 4. 

We would play a huge part of that and as much as I want Pot 3, I wouldn't hate drawing Costa Rica and Panama. (Just to keep the undefeated record intact and push out the Americans)

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/biggest-questions-facing-gregg-berhalter-the-usmnt-for-final-world-cup-qualifyin

However, I disagree with the writer. The US has a crazy hard window. Away to Mexico and then home to Panama and away to Costa Rica. Both of those teams are desperate for wins.

If Mexico loses against the US their next 2 games are against Honduras and El Salvador so there shouldn't be any problem with them qualifying, but the US is entirely different. It is entirely realistic that they could not finish top 4. 

We would play a huge part of that and as much as I want Pot 3, I wouldn't hate drawing Costa Rica and Panama. (Just to keep the undefeated record intact and push out the Americans)

I kinda had the same thoughts lol, I wouldn’t mind a D-W-D if it screwed them over. It’s a good thing anyways that we don’t really need an away win against Costa Rica anyways, the Jamaica game is the only “must win” for me this window. (even though we’re basically through)

Edited by Bdog

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

The US crashing out may help our Pot 3 chances more than our own results 

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

The word fear comes to mind when I read that article. The wounds of 2018 still hurt them.

They are a funny bunch. Overrate themselves on a regular basis due to what I would call an inferiority complex that manifests itself in the form of overhyping the plethora of young (but talented) players at big clubs (which is a new luxury for American fans, I guess).

But yet, instead of being optimistic about going down to Azteca to take points from a wounded Mexico, or going down to CR to topple an old Ticos side in San Jose, they are crapping their pants and fearfully calling for squad rotation? That's like the exact opposite of being the kings of concacaf or whatever they proclaim themselves to be now a days! Why worry so much with all these young world class studs in your team?

It's just seems silly and inconsistent to me.

Edited by Obinna

5 hours ago, narduch said:

The US crashing out may help our Pot 3 chances more than our own results 

I find this thread funny. Canadian soccer fans taking pot shots at the USA.  Jeeze, when will we get over our inferiority complex? Stop obsessing over the USA!

Your post is about the only one that isn't tinged with this typical Canadian malaise. And to be honest it hadn't occurred to me but it's a great observation and  about the only healthy reason for wanting the Yanks eliminated.