USA National Team Watch

Macksam

To me this game and score checked all the boxes. 1)Honduras lost -check; 2) USA played poorly and were lucky to win-check. As much as I hate Honduras they are a group of warriors who aren't intimidated by any team. They have this unshakeable confidence from the opening whistle. I hope our squad was watching. If we can get that mentality we will be unstoppable. Btw I really liked those stretcher bearers....I would be faking injury every 5 mins ☺

9 minutes ago, Macksam said:

They certainly don't look menacing. They're also a really young team so I expect it's going to take a few years for them to come into their own.

Yeah, the fact that they'll all be around for a while kinda sucks for us. Reyna probably looks like the most impressive out all of them and we'll have to deal with him for over the next decade. 😬

It seems like their MLS players always under perform, plus some of their European based players are a bit over hyped. I'd love to see them miss out again in 2022 lol.

Also, watching these matches I really do believe we have the best player in CONCACAF with Davies and in all likelihood the best striker with David. Successful teams in world football tend to be built around a foundation they stick with regardless of their club status. Dempsey/Donovan, Perez/Tejada, Suarez/Cavani etc. even Mexico and Costa Rica you see rolling out the old guys they’ve had for years with Guardado and Diaz respectfully. 

With those two we have a pair that is young, committed and has the potential to be the best pairing in CONCACAF... maybe even the best in this regions history in terms of club level and international impact. 

Meh..I wouldn’t make too much of the fact that is was a close match. Honduras is always tough - they just know how to play together.

Watching Costa Rica - Mexico first half and it’s a similar story. The Ticos are not all impressive on paper anymore - but they’ve been good against Mexico and had a few real chances.

14 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Meh..I wouldn’t make too much of the fact that is was a close match. Honduras is always tough - they just know how to play together.

Watching Costa Rica - Mexico first half and it’s a similar story. The Ticos are not all impressive on paper anymore - but they’ve been good against Mexico and had a few real chances.

It's telling how they are still relying on the ageing core from the 2014 World Cup.  They won't be able to cope with 3 games in a FIFA window without rotation.

12 hours ago, Floortom said:

Honduras started time wasting at the 50th minute and a good 4 guys got taken off on stretchers. Glad to see those dolts lose.

That's the main reason they're soo successful.  Like it or not, they're skilled with the ball, play well as a team and know the dark arts very well.  They use it all to their advantage and will never miss an opportunity.  This is what we're still missing.

We have the talent, however we always look young and naive.  Our younglings need to experience and learn this quickly if we want to compete in CONCACAF in the near future, otherwise the Double D's  will be 38 by the time we figure it out.   

11 hours ago, lamptern said:

Another USA vs Mexico final......

The final should be interesting. People are bagging on the US but in fairness Mexico has not looked good lately without Jimenez. They really haven’t been able to muster much of an attack.

I predict a close 1-0 win for Mexico.

Mexico scores in the 1st minute while dumb-ass overconfident American colour commentating moron is busy praising how awesome the US team is. Same guy who credited Jackson Yeuill with a game saving tackle 5 minutes into match that was 0-0 at the time against Honduras.

Edited by Gian-Luca