USA National Team Watch

Macksam

2 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

Thats it...thats the chant....CONCACAF has been shutting down games for that chant as part of the anti-discrimination policy 

Interesting what is or is not a trigger these days. I swear, I heard the Islanders crowd chant "ass hole" numerous times towards a Bruins player yesterday....I think. 

1 minute ago, Macksam said:

Interesting what is or is not a trigger these days. I swear, I heard the Islanders crowd chant "ass hole" numerous times towards a Bruins player yesterday....I think. 

The "puto" chant has been an issue for years with Mexico specifically....

11 minutes ago, Macksam said:

I’ve posted something about this before but I’ve seen multiple Mexicans (you know, the people who actually live there) say that the word can also mean asshole/bitch in this context. 

6 minutes ago, Bdog said:

I’ve posted something about this before but I’ve seen multiple Mexicans (you know, the people who actually live there) say that the word can also mean asshole/bitch in this context. 

agree as a non-native spanish speaker in this context it does mean asshole and isn't an anti-gay slur..but rules be rules I guess

Just now, Bdog said:

I remember when I was younger and played against Club America, and Cruz Azul youth teams - whenever they got fouled the players would scream that. Same thing in Spain puta and puto was heard regularly.

The Mexican player and assistant coach trying to chirp at the referee as he made his way over to the video review was funny. You can tell he was annoyed. Was it a penalty? At first I thought yes and then no as the commentator pointed out how it looked like the guy touched the ball first. Maybe the contact came before then....maybe the ref gave it out of spite since the Mexicans started annoying him. He pointed to the spot with some emphasis mind you.